💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

That one time I lost some respect for Adele

Kimmo

Featured Posts

Kimmo

I cringed a lot when back when we first heard her speech, I like Beyoncé but you don’t give away your award like that, that’s just not really appreciating your own work as much including all the people that were involved on your album or I wonder if she did it thinking that she would get backlash since everyone thought Lemonade was going to win 

Hottie Detector

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haroon

I loved her speech, it was so human :omg: She was thanking her team and those around her, but she just couldn't ignore her love and admiration for Beyonce and that was bubbling up and it exploded into her bringing Beyonce into her speech and thanking her and showing appreciation for Lemonade, which was the album of the year for her :flutter:

She may be Adele but she goes back into that fan place when it comes to Beyonce and it's very heart warming to see :nick:

xoxo Craig

She did it because she truly expected Bey to win, and she is a big stan of Bey 

End Racism Now

rumours

I thought she showed some real humility in her speech. I didn’t lose respect for her in any capacity by doing this.

Seeka

I'm sorry but that was the cutest moment in the world.

Plus also, you don't need an award to tell you how hard you and your team work.

Many musicians in the world are going without awards. They're still working hard.

Honestly, the point of music is making something that is enjoyable. The point of an artist is to never stagnate.

Also humility > pride. Pride does awful things to people.

Borislshere

You lost respect for Adele because she showed admiration for someone she loves and respects?? lmao bye. These two women constantly support each other. Let them. 

Kimmo
9 minutes ago, Haroon said:

I loved her speech, it was so human :omg: She was thanking her team and those around her, but she just couldn't ignore her love and admiration for Beyonce and that was bubbling up and it exploded into her bringing Beyonce into her speech and thanking her and showing appreciation for Lemonade, which was the album of the year for her :flutter:

She may be Adele but she goes back into that fan place when it comes to Beyonce and it's very heart warming to see :nick:

Well that’s fine going back to being a fan, but this is her actual work and I figured it should’ve been taken serious, I know some people say yeah whatever is the Grammys but you need to take more pride on your work. Sorry I just didn’t feel that moment as y’all did :wtf:

Hottie Detector

ryanripley

that's a really weird thing to lose respect for

i don't see the logic in losing respect for someone who did something kind but you do you i guess

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Reality

I feel like that's an overreaction to say "I've lost respect for Adele." It's not that she doesn't take pride in her work, but the fact that she just loves and adores Beyonce and her work. This isn't her trying to downplay what she's done and what she's accomplished, but this is to recognize another artist for their work as well.

🖤👹

thatfoxyfeeling

I think she was just surprised she won and is just being honest? That's who she is and that's why people love her. :what:

Haroon
8 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

Well that’s fine going back to being a fan, but this is her actual work and I figured it should’ve been taken serious, I know some people say yeah whatever is the Grammys but you need to take more pride on your work. Sorry I just didn’t feel that moment as y’all did :wtf:

I don't think she didn't take it seriously, she reflected on the process and time between the 21 and 25 and thanked her team and manager and family :confused: Thanking Beyonce and showing appreciation for Lemonade doesn't mean she's not proud of her own work. To me it seems like she loves her album and the work that went into it and is very grateful people who helped, but happens to love Lemonade more than her own album (which I don't think is weird or unacceptable, it's opinion and boils down to subjectivity at the end of the day) - they aren't mutually exclusive for me :shrug:

She's a big fan of Beyonce and took that opportunity to thank Beyonce and voice love for her. I don't think that undoes any of what she said about her team or family and so on :sweat:

Glamourpuss

I agree. I thought she was pathetic doing that. Fair enough she's a real person and a real fan but in that moment she elevated Beyonce as being this larger than life superstar and Adele isn't worthy in her presence. What the **** is that all about? 

Princess Stache

It feels mean to say this, but what she did was- pathetic.  Have some respect for yourself girl.

Kimmo
51 minutes ago, PussyGlam said:

I agree. I thought she was pathetic doing that. Fair enough she's a real person and a real fan but in that moment she elevated Beyonce as being this larger than life superstar and Adele isn't worthy in her presence. What the **** is that all about? 

21 minutes ago, Princess Stache said:

It feels mean to say this, but what she did was- pathetic.  Have some respect for yourself girl.

I wanted to say it was pathetic too but I didn’t want to be harsh. She gave way too much credit to Beyoncé, like girl she only did the “creative” process and that’s still debatable 

Hottie Detector

MaryJaneHolland
1 hour ago, ryanripley said:

that's a really weird thing to lose respect for

i don't see the logic in losing respect for someone who did something kind but you do you i guess

1 hour ago, Borislshere said:

You lost respect for Adele because she showed admiration for someone she loves and respects?? lmao bye. These two women constantly support each other. Let them. 

Breaking the Grammy in 2 and giving one part to Beyonce was cringe af :air:

Archived