• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
blackpink

#6 - #18 - #45 - OUT

l0Ex2w0yUL5ZTLYFa.gif

jk :giggle: i actually think it will do decently tbh

Jaume

Autumn has bigger  sales and of course, a lot of releases each week, so #1 is quite difficult.

The Z
1 hour ago, DreamingMonster said:

What is TG2 :sweat:

I think it will chart at #3 or #2 

But I'm hoping for that #1!

Tony Gaga 2

The Z
3 minutes ago, Jaume said:

Autumn has bigger  sales and of course, a lot of releases each week, so #1 is quite difficult.

Are there big albums already announced for late September? 

GypsyBabe

I think it could do fairly well. It has Gaga’s name on it so a lot of people will buy it/stream it for that alone. Also, remember ASIB is a big thing for people who are like 50 and older. It has like cult status. So older people will definitely be into it to see how it compares to their “version” or more importantly Barbras version. People my moms age were beyond obsessed with the 80s versions soundtrack. 

⚯͛

The Z
1 hour ago, VoldeLorde2 said:

Everybody is saying it's not gonna hit #1 but it has Lady Gaga's name on it and it's a highly anticipated movie. I don't think the music will be bad and most people will like enough songs to buy the soundtrack.  

If other soundtracks can go #1 then a soundtrack with Lady Gaga can go #1.

Well, Idk why but I have a feeling that it's gonna be #3. But Gaga has to publish a lot about it on Instagram, she has to create hype.

Cheek To Cheek debuted at #1, people were shook by the collab. Let's hope that people will be shook by the Bradley & Gaga collab, even more since it's Bradley's debut and the GP seems to love his voice. Plus LADY GAGA, plus Gaga wrote everything, let's 🙏 

The Z
4 minutes ago, GypsyBabe said:

I think it could do fairly well. It has Gaga’s name on it so a lot of people will buy it/stream it for that alone. Also, remember ASIB is a big thing for people who are like 50 and older. It has like cult status. So older people will definitely be into it to see how it compares to their “version” or more importantly Barbras version. People my moms age were beyond obsessed with the 80s versions soundtrack. 

Do you think that with a great strategy it *could* hit #1? 

I'm usually pessimistic with LG projects, but I think #1 is realistic. This is not Mamma Mia or Hamilton. This is essentially a Lady Gaga album.

Arturo
6 hours ago, S0436 said:

If Mamma Mia 2 is an indication then it won’t be #1 at all.  So maybe it is best if they release the soundtrack the same week as the movie release even if it means no Grammy consideration.

girl Mamma Mia and ASIB are not comparable. Original music from Lady Gaga isn't going to perform like a bunch of abba covers that are exactly the same to the first movie. We should be looking at The Greatest Showman and Black Panther. Original music soundtracks. Both hit #1. Both cause buzz in the industry about the return of blockbuster soundtracks in 2018 and their transition to doing well on streaming.

Anyways yes it's guaranteed Top 2. Unless someone huge release I don't see why she would miss #1. 

#2 is currently selling ~70k copies SPS. #1 is Drake right now but by late September he should be doing a bit over 100k at most.

Arturo
3 hours ago, Mirrion Rizzons said:

I reckon it'll hit between #5 and #9

that's between 26k and 44k sales. I don't know where you guys are pulling these numbers from.

HitTheBoat

Top 2 for sure. Competition is non-existent as of now (things could change). 

Archived