Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Would you be here for Jack Antonoff producing a Gaga album?

Guest JolanJoringel

Jack Antonoff as a producer of a Gaga record:  

86 members have voted

1. 1. I would ...

• ... love it!
    • ... hate it!

Featured Posts

iCpro
12 minutes ago, JolanJoringel said:

He added, "Taylor Swift is cool, because she's the closest thing today that hearkens to Michael Jackson -- to great, great pop music. There's a difference between her and Gaga and Katy Perry and Lily Allen and all that. It all feels throwaway, comparatively."

Source: https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/funs-jack-antonoff-slams-lady-gaga-katy-perry/story?id=24599534

That was in 2014 ... Maybe his mind changed with everything she has done afterwards.

Imagine thinking this 

giphy.gif

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kaelergrey
6 minutes ago, Craig Barnes said:

Comparing MJ to Taylor?! Mess

kelly.gif

OMG HAHA

Always Remember That You Are Special, You Are Beautiful and You Are Loved 

Guest JolanJoringel
2 minutes ago, Carlo Rodriguez said:

I like some of Taylor Swifts music but being compared to a "Legend" is a reach. MESS 

:sharon:

When you read the article, I think he means in terms of songwriting.

Not a fan of Taylor or agreeing to his comparison, just clarifying his meaning :laughga:

xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, JolanJoringel said:

There's nothing spectacular about Taylor's songwriting though :oprah:

End Racism Now

Bradley
34 minutes ago, JolanJoringel said:

He added, "Taylor Swift is cool, because she's the closest thing today that hearkens to Michael Jackson -- to great, great pop music. There's a difference between her and Gaga and Katy Perry and Lily Allen and all that. It all feels throwaway, comparatively."

Source: https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/funs-jack-antonoff-slams-lady-gaga-katy-perry/story?id=24599534

That was in 2014 ... Maybe his mind changed with everything she has done afterwards.

In no way is Taylor Swift comparable to the one and only legendary Lady Gaga.

Taylor is that kind of play-safe pop star whose discography is predominantly based on teenage love songs whereas Gaga is that daring and ambitious pop star who is not afraid to engage in controversy.

And if you start comparing their live performances and tours, Taylor just pales so much in comparison.

Ok since he said this in 2014 let's not bring up examples of Gaga's work post-2014:

but tell me, in what way is Taylor able to top the artRAVE, Born This Way Ball and The Monster Ball? If anything the one who screams Michael Jackson talent is Lady Gaga.

Bradley
31 minutes ago, JolanJoringel said:

Not a fan of Taylor or agreeing to his comparison, just clarifying his meaning :laughga:

Taylor doesn't even produce all of her tracks, Gaga does. And yeah even if you want to compare songwriting abilities, I still think Gaga excels in it better.

Rino

I would honestly be interested in the outcome :oprah:

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

loathereality

it is impossible for me to hate anything that has the name of gaga under it 

love it or like it?

I would probably just like it because it seems this guy is very basic, sorry

I am expecting gaga to reinvent music, not just pop music 

I do like the songwriting of reputation and I adore melodrama but honestly pure heroine is much better in terms of songwriting (int terms of production melodrama is better)

so i do not get how jack functions?

ItsTommyBitch

No.

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Nemo
2 hours ago, JolanJoringel said:

**** him then. She was already great, truly great, by 2014.

bowie1986

I think I'd be here for it. 

I don't love Reputation as an album, but I think some of the singles were great. Probably one of, if not THE best popstar albums in 2017. 1989 was great, which he also worked on.

However, I wish gaga would strive to do something as concise and brilliant as Melodrama or Masseduction. I think Gaga could learn a lot from someone like St.Vincent, who arguably has a lot of the same tenets as Gaga (writes all of her own music, dark aesthetics, pop art / art pop inspiration, queer empowerment, etc.) with a more interesting, concise execution. 

The Fame Monster proved that she's capable of something like that. Maybe if she teamed up with Jack she could do it again, but part of me also feels like they wouldn't vibe that well together.

Ashley

Masseduction is my least favorite St. Vincent album, I just couldn’t get into it and was kinda disappointed. :S

But that’s not to say an album with Gaga wouldn’t sound totally different than the ones posted.

RickMonster98

Yeah I would totally love that! He produced some songs I ADORE ("Out Of The Woods", "Beautiful Trauma", "Supercut"), maybe not an entire album but I would be okay for a few songs :party:

sethrb101
3 hours ago, Craig Barnes said:

Comparing MJ to Taylor?! Mess

whereisit.gif

Ikr lol. I love Taylor and think she creates pop perfection but saying she’s like MJ and her contemporaries are throwaway? Delusion

#Gaga2020

bowie1986
13 minutes ago, modern ecstasy said:

Masseduction is my least favorite St. Vincent album, I just couldn’t get into it and was kinda disappointed. :S

But that’s not to say an album with Gaga wouldn’t sound totally different than the ones posted.

Totally fair, I’m a St.Vincent stan and I love distorted electric guitar so I’m a lil biased. I don’t want Gaga to sound like her, but I think Gaga could make something of the same caliber on an album level, and I think The Fame Monster competes with St.V’s work— I love the concept, I love how we still get Gaga’s camp factor, and I just absolutely love Gaga’s voice in any album, I love some of the writing (So Happy I Could Die for most underrated)

Archived