💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was working with Mark Ronson a mistake?

LOVE JUNKIE

Was working with Mark Ronson a mistake?  

428 members have voted

1. 1. Was working with Mark Ronson a mistake?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

Free My Mind

No I don't... I think Mark brought a good sense of authenticity and analog sound to the record. 

However, just because you didn't like it - it doesn't mean you're 'missing' anything... just different strokes for different folks.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOVE JUNKIE
2 minutes ago, Free My Mind said:

No I don't... I think Mark brought a good sense of authenticity and analog sound to the record. 

However, just because you didn't like it - it doesn't mean you're 'missing' anything... just different strokes for different folks.

Yeah that could be it. But I also can't help but feel as an executive producer of a Gaga album you have a responsibility to bring a certain level of creativity and ingenuity which I feel like didn't really happen.

Spoiler

lbh I think I'm just sad and trying to cope with the fact that I loved every Gaga album so much until this one :toofunny:

on a three day bender

LOVE JUNKIE

@A Hybrid@WokePop@Why am I on GGD@Bradley sorry if I was a bit intense I've just had these pent-up feelings inside for almost two years with no outlet :sweat: I'm genuinely glad so many people like this album, it really does show a different side of Gaga and her talent and passion and love for what she does. I might not of liked the way it came together but I can still respect it. And who knows maybe LG6 will come together in a way we can all love and enjoy :giggle:

on a three day bender

Bradley
47 minutes ago, LOVE JUNKIE said:

I'm glad Joanne was so different than her previous work and I really love the overall concept of Joanne just not the execution. If anything I wish it was even more different than her previous work and even less radio friendly. More Folk influence, more experimental, more genre-bending etc. but whenever I look into what I don't like it usually points to Ronson's over-involvement

But it's really hard to dissect an album and point out which parts from a producer that you like and which parts from a producer that you don't.

LOVE JUNKIE
1 minute ago, Bradley said:

But it's really hard to dissect an album and point out which parts from a producer that you like and which parts from a producer that you don't.

Eh. If you're familiar with the producers previous work and study the personnel credits you can piece together quite a bit especially given that there weren't many producers that worked on this album. When I listen to A-YO I can hear the Ronson influence, I can hear the BloodPop influence and I can hear the Gaga influence even though they all blend together really well.

on a three day bender

Opulence

Not a mistake no, I love Mark.

However, I do wish that she worked with Mark on a different project as the genres they explored on Joanne are not my favourites, but that’s just a personal preference.

ACT2
1 hour ago, gagaxgaga said:

yeah .. i'm not into Joanne as much as the other albums .. I love Gaga in Born This Way or The Fame Monster more i need those excitement and anthem in my life .. i need those powerful pop and rock songs again :(

JcEsnve.png

That's Gossip

Irrelevant
2 hours ago, LOVE JUNKIE said:

BloodPop also worked on every song on the album but I enjoyed what he brought to the table (weird sounds, slick production flare, hypnotic synths) which leads me to believe that Mark was the weak link in the equation.

You do know Mark could've done these things as well. What makes you think Bloodpop was the only one that did pop elements when Mark Ronson actually had one of the biggest pop hits in 2014

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

WildAmerican

Joanne was clearly an album she NEEDED to make at some point in her career, so whether it was LG5 or LG7 it was gonna happen at some point, and Mark Ronson was the producer to fulfill this vision with

Drin Lon
1 hour ago, A Hybrid said:

No. If anything it highly improved Gaga’s recording quality. As much as I loved Born This Way, it had terrible mixing. It didn’t sound professional at all. For example Americano and Marry The Night.

Lmao

LOVE JUNKIE
Just now, Irrelevant said:

You do know Mark could've done these things as well. What makes you think Bloodpop was the only one that did pop elements when Mark Ronson actually had one of the biggest pop hits in 2014

I never said BP was the only one who brought pop elements. Ronson and BP both brought Pop just in different ways. I know BP was responsible for the grunts and voxes and weird little sounds because that's his signature thing along with his specific style of slick pop production which you can hear most on DIC which is the most BP track on the album. I'm not a huge fan of that track though as it feels a bit out of place. And if you look at the personnel credits you can see BP handled a majority of the synth work.

on a three day bender

Lextyr97
1 hour ago, WokePop said:

tragic.gif (cause I’m on mobile)

the guitar in A-Yo, the trumpets, Perfect Illusion in its entirety (!), Joanne, Sinner’s Prayer, Million Reasons, Come To Mama, Hey Girl, the richness of instruments and the crispness, soulfulness, high fidelity and authentic quality of the minimally edited vocals of Gaga in this album is all due to one man and his name is Mark Ronson.

in the name of sanity and good taste please do repent. (I’m joking cause you’re entitled to your opinion but yeah he made Joanne the iconic Grammy-Nominated [ouch!] underrated masterpiece that it is)

Thank you

LGMonster95

Absolutely NOT, Joanne is currently my favourite Gaga album and that's because of him too, his productions fits perfectly with her songs, Gaga's voice shines on this album bc of him etc. Joanne was a fantastic album, it might not be great for people who ONLY likes dance-pop songs bc the album has many genres, but for me for example who might like something from almost every genre, it's GOLD. 

Drin Lon
58 minutes ago, Andreu said:

The ten people that voted yes have lost my respect

16 now binch :ohwell:

Look what I made you do

Archived