BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AlexanderMagno
6 hours ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Pretty sure they could've represented that in a different way :huntyga:

It's one way to express it. And a very good one, because Whitney was impactful enough and people know about her struggle. Her death, like it or not, is part of pop culture and, as gut-wrenching as it might be for some, it's the reality.

LDGA

And you did not let Lorde take a bath some months ago yet, people will let this happens.:fthis:

SKANK
24 minutes ago, LM said:

I can't believe people on this forum support this.

This forum is dedicated to a shock jock who kicked off her career with a bloody mock-suicide on the VMA stage. This forum is dedicated to an artist who has been accused of "glamorizing" bulimia, electroconvulsive therapy, guns, suicide, rape, and mass murder. With her fashion alone she has deeply offended vegans, Christians, Muslims, and the handicapped.

You'd think this forum, more than most, would have an appreciation for art which challenges the accepted standards of decency and taste.

ryanripley
1 minute ago, Devyn said:

“[She was] frantic. She sent me this picture from the album cover and I immediately got sick to my stomach because it took me right back to six years ago,” says Elliot.”

https://people.com/music/whitney-houstons-cousin-slams-kanye-west-drug-covered-bathroom-photo/

her family don't deserve this, the people defending this seem to forget this is being done at the expense of a grieving family

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Juanjo

Wouldn’t expect anything less from that person, he seriously needs help. Also, call it “art” (it definitely is not), but this is extremely offensive to Whitney’s memory,  and extremely insensitive to her family and all those who cared about her, including her fans. This is just cheap, easy, cruel, tasteless, and low. 

12 hours ago, SKANK said:

This forum is dedicated to a shock jock who kicked off her career with a bloody mock-suicide on the VMA stage. This forum is dedicated to an artist who has been accused of "glamorizing" bulimia, electroconvulsive therapy, guns, suicide, rape, and mass murder. With her fashion alone she has deeply offended vegans, Christians, Muslims, and the handicapped.

You'd think this forum, more than most, would have an appreciation for art which challenges the accepted standards of decency and taste.

This is incomparable. Gaga has never used another person's privacy and past for her own work. 

I don't have a problem with the photo itself. If he took a pic of his bathroom I wouldn't care at all. But this is disrespectful, disgusting and humiliating. I get what he was trying to say with the picture, but there were endless possibilities how to do it and don't harm anyone. He sadly chose the way that will give him more attention.

Just imagine Whitney was your daughter. How would you feel after you've seen this?

SKANK
9 hours ago, LM said:

This is incomparable. Gaga has never used another person's privacy and past for her own work. 

I don't have a problem with the photo itself. If he took a pic of his bathroom I wouldn't care at all. But this is disrespectful, disgusting and humiliating. I get what he was trying to say with the picture, but there were endless possibilities how to do it and don't harm anyone. He sadly chose the way that will give him more attention.

Just imagine Whitney was your daughter. How would you feel after you've seen this?

maxresdefault.jpg

Gaga has used another person's personal tragedy and personal life in her own work. Here she is recreating the assassination of Jean-Paul Marat from Jacques-Louis David's The Death of Marat. In the same project with Robert Wilson she appeared as the decapitated head of John The Baptist. I think she also recreated the assassination attempt on Warhol in her Candy Darling films.

If those examples of her using a public figures downfall are to far removed from them being alive, Gaga recreated an ugly moment in Monica Lewinsky's life on stage at the American Music Awards. She name checks a murdered child and women who killed themselves in Dance In The Dark.

None of those things are bad, or wrong. It's art baby. :)

11 minutes ago, SKANK said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Gaga has used another person's personal tragedy and personal life in her own work. Here she is recreating the assassination of Jean-Paul Marat from Jacques-Louis David's The Death of Marat. In the same project with Robert Wilson she appeared as the decapitated head of John The Baptist. I think she also recreated the assassination attempt on Warhol in her Candy Darling films.

If those examples of her using a public figures downfall are to far removed from them being alive, Gaga recreated an ugly moment in Monica Lewinsky's life on stage at the American Music Awards. She name checks a murdered child and women who killed themselves in Dance In The Dark.

None of those things are bad, or wrong. It's art baby. :)

Thank you art teacher:excuseu: still very different things.

You just want to sound like a highly educated person who knows what art is and others can choke. How is paying for a photo and using it as album cover art?

There's also evidence that Whitney's family doesn't agree with that. If you consider harming other people's feeling just to get more attention an art. Ok, then

SKANK
22 minutes ago, LM said:

Thank you art teacher:excuseu: still very different things.

You just want to sound like a highly educated person who knows what art is and others can choke. How is paying for a photo and using it as album cover art?

There's also evidence that Whitney's family doesn't agree with that. If you consider harming other people's feeling just to get more attention an art. Ok, then

I don't mean to sound like I'm lecturing you, I just like this stuff. So, don't be offended.

Many musicians appropriate already existing photographs for their album covers. Like, Led Zeppellin using a photo of the Hindenburg disaster, or the Scissor Sisters using one of Mapplethorpe's photographs of the now deceased ballet dancer Peter Reed. That basically is the definition of graphic design.

332f9322471e4ca4541f09046023e406.jpg

00-scissor_sisters-night_work-2010-front

As for Whitney's family objecting to the image being used, that is unfortunate. However, it was her choice to become a public figure, and that choice came with her forfeiting a lot of her rights to privacy.

In the same way JonBenét Ramsey's family is probably unhappy with their murdered relative being made into pop music fodder by Lady Gaga.

Archived