💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga has distanced herself from fans

Der Meister

Featured Posts

Bradley

Just because she's less active on Twitter doesn't mean she doesn't care abouy her fans. She still acknowledges us and tells us that she loves us whenever she gets the chance to. The recent Born This Way anniversary tweet is proof of that.

She's a very busy person and she doesn't have the time to reply to people's tweets 24/7. That would take up all of her time which is meant for making music, spending time with family, etc.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YuyiIsReal

I've been feeling her distancing herself too. :green:

"Little Monster" shout-outs were definitely few and far between during the Joanne era, but I guess that was the point? I mean the "heirloom jewelry, glass of pinot grigio in one hand, kid on the other" shtick wasn't to attract any more pop hungry stans...but I think Middle America lapped it up. 

GypsyBabe

No offense, but I wouldn’t want to even be on twitter if I were Gaga. The whole toxic stan culture and the horrible things that people say about her and her contemporaries. Its against everything she stands for. So I don’t blame her for distancing her self from social media. I would do the same. 

I also would imagine that her previously close relationship with her fans was emotionally draining. Its probably healthier for her to stay somewhat distant and to set up some boundaries. It also could have to do with stress exasperating her illness. 

She’s still kind and genuine to her fans, which is such a special thing considering that not all artists are. Perhaps she wants a more mature relationship with us. Or maybe she just needs some time for herself. She deserves that and doesn’t owe us anything. 

⚯͛

tomsches

thank god she did. This whole "mommy" thing got out of hand and is really creepy. 

freebit

She's really busy and doesn't have time to be too cosy with the base.

If you look back, when she was sharing a lot with us, she was never in a great place (2012-AP era), and probably felt lonely and was looking for solace. I think she's just come a long way since then, and it really was detrimental to her because it just put her under more scrutiny when she got real with us and shared her feelings. I remember when she was explaining herself about what was going on with her state of mind and depression during ARTPOP she ended up being mocked by the media - their reaction was basically "cry more :nails:". It reminded me of people mocking Britney when she was blogging about her feelings before her breakdown. 

yungpancake

Well if every one of us respected her privacy and personal space maybe stuff like these would've never happened. Also we shouldn't be complaining about how she has chosen to distance ourselves from us. She didn't give this interview and cry on it for nothing:

https://youtu.be/ly_W9DUM344

666 others
5 hours ago, Chamaquito said:

And that very toxic fanbase got her where she’s at. She knew what she was getting into when she wanted to bring back the whole idea of fans going crazy for people like Britney and Justin Timberlake.

Sorry, could you please elaborate?

:holyshit:

Taide

I hope she knows there are some good fans left instead of the all toxic rude ones that kerp putting camera in her face.

Quartz

For better perspective, see how other artists like Britney or Beyonce treat their fans.

If you take a look at Perfect Illusion and Five Foot Two, you can see that having fans is hard because, at the end of the day, she'll be all alone spinning on the sand. Where are the fans after they take their photo with her?

She gives what she can.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

Judas Society
10 hours ago, M Monstre said:

She certainly hasn't only been "thinking of herself," and she certainly hasn't "left us behind." She absolutely loves us and wants to do everything in her power to help us (via things like the BTW Foundation) and give us amazing music. 

She's probably distanced herself because it wasn't good for her mental health. I mean, we've seen in 5F2 how anxious she can be simply walking out of her hotel. It also doesn't help that some Little Monsters are ruthless towards her career, and believe that they know what's best for her when in reality their words are hurting her. 

This is my exact thought. Gaga is finally taking an active step to take care of her mental health because being constantly asked to take a picture with and people shoving their phones into her car as she's leaving to get a shot makes her feel anxious about an invasion of her private space. All of this including her hip injury is what causing fibromyalgia and making her feel intense bodily pain. She has to take the step to put her health first and I'm glad she is doing so.

She is doing every bit she can to maintain a relationship with us by teaching us how to take care of our mental health. She took the time to make a live feed on instagram to teach us how to meditate to improve our mental state. Clearly she has not abandoned us, instead she is taking care of us much like how she taught us that we are beautiful inside and out during BTW era.

p/s: @M Monstre I low-key love that you are also a fan of Doctor Strange.:kara:

ARTPOP GAGA

Just accept the truth that GP in Europe and Asia haven't used Gaga since 2011/2013.

If the GP doesn't use her music, then she will distance herself from them (or her "fans")

Our fanbase is too small. Artists like Ed Sheeran and Adele have the WHOLE GP buy their music.

ryanripley
8 minutes ago, ARTPOP GAGA said:

Just accept the truth that GP in Europe and Asia haven't used Gaga since 2011/2013.

If the GP doesn't use her music, then she will distance herself from them (or her "fans")

Our fanbase is too small. Artists like Ed Sheeran and Adele have the WHOLE GP buy their music.

that's not why she distanced herself lol

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Eddie

With this kind of annoying fans who wouldn't :huntyga:

What if tomorrow I see you again? Should I say that I used to love you?

gagasgirl

I think she's figured out who to give her time to, some of you are assholes and she's realized that some of you just ain't worth it tbh. The people who respect her are the people who deserve to take photos with her, etc. IDK it's just my opinion that some of the people on this site expect sooooo much from this lady but they trash talk her. :fthis:

2/21/11 & 2/22/11 MSG

DonnieDarko
2 hours ago, ARTPOP GAGA said:

What is this nonsense? Lmao

Archived