💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Gaga still popular with the GP in your country?

ARTPOP GAGA

Featured Posts

Widows Kiss

She was HUGE in Germany back in 09-10. It only went downhill after TEOG. Applause was her last hit in Germany. I don't think people over here even know from Joanne's existence. She's pretty much dead since 2013. 

Perfect Illusion #31 (2 weeks)
Million Reasons #85 (1 week)
The Cure #57 (12 weeks)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Child
1 minute ago, dit said:

ah ok! I guess that's a wrong stigma about french music lovers tbh. They always make them sound like they are pretentious lol! But yeah as I mentioned she can totally re snatch. I just think she needs the right sound and streaming + radio support (let's hope that happens).

Oh French music lovers are pretentious but I’m talking about the GP in general, they just stan whatever is popular atm and then drop them.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

ryanripley
5 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

Yeah and? I was actually gonna attend of them but she has a pretty huge fanbase here so they do everything they can to support Gaga.

that means the GP haven't forgotten about gaga since Applause :vegas: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

ArtGagaPop

Yes and no. Her songs are still played daily on radio like br, teog, alejandro, Paparazzi and more. Also everyone here knows her, would say her name is the most known of all popstars.

Joanne only had a moderate succes here, debuting strong at #3 but failed to stay many weeks because lack of singles and push on Spotify. MR only spent 3 weeks in the top 100 but managed to stay almost 1 year in top 200 despite no promo herec or on Spotify and minimal radio plays. It would have done great if only interscope had put it in some playlists though. The cure had simmilar fate but started stronger thanks to playlists on Spotify but left the charts after about 10 weeks because of lack of music video and lack of radio plays.

So i would say she is still popular here but many might have missed her newer stuff because of few singles and no promo. Worth to add that her JWT show here in Stockholm sold out fast and then sold out again after the refunds. So there is still fans enough to sell out big arena shows here.

The Child
1 minute ago, ryanripley said:

that means the GP haven't forgotten about gaga since Applause :vegas: 

Fanbase ≠ GP. Learn to read.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

ryanripley
1 minute ago, CrazyMonster said:

Fanbase ≠ GP. Learn to read.

i know how to read :vegas:  no need to get rude :vegas: 

her shows aren't filled with 100% fans :vegas: 

BeerFear

PI was a hit here and I heard TC quite a lot on the radio as well so I would say they are at least aware of her. :huntyga:

Not sure if she could fill an arena though 

ArtGagaPop
9 hours ago, ARTPOP GAGA said:

You guys all know that people go to Joanne Tour to listen to her old hits mostly. No one is here for Joanne album and it's the ugly truth :((

More like people don't know Joanne is even a album :poot:. If they had chosen a better lead  ( radios usually support a lead single easier compared to later singles) and she would have done some peformances on tv outside US along with big push on streaming then Joanne would been a much bigger succes outside America.

ilgkp

in Poland she is not as popular as in 2009 but almost everyone has respect for her which they did not have back then

when it comes to music, the last "hit" was "applause" 

"million reasons" was only popular in music competitions, "perfect illusion" and "the cure" were only played on the debut 

surprisingly "your song" is played on the radio :lolga:

Hi (sorry for my bad english)

Widows Kiss
1 minute ago, ArtGagaPop said:

More like people don't know Joanne is even a album :poot:. If they had chosen a better lead  ( radios usually support a lead single easier compared to later singles) and she would have done some peformances on tv outside US a long with big push on streaming then Joanne would been a much bigger succes outside America.

What do you think would have been a better lead single? I can only think of A-YO but Europe isn't into country at all.

dit
9 minutes ago, Oyster said:

This thread is incredibly depressing 

Don't be sad lol :hug: I think most ppl are saying that the Lady Gaga name and brand are VERY much still known worldwide hence why her shows sell out it's just that she is musically irrelevant in some markets right now. This can be turned around but it all depends on her next album's sound and her labels willingness to push her records on streaming but also radios willingness to play her music.

The Child
13 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

i know how to read :vegas:  no need to get rude :vegas: 

her shows aren't filled with 100% fans :vegas: 

I’m not being rude, you are being rude. Her shows are mainly filled with fans and pop music fans (which I don’t count as part of the GP).

ryanripley
3 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

I’m not being rude, you are being rude. Her shows are mainly filled with fans and pop music fans (which I don’t count as part of the GP).

how am i being rude? :air: you just told me to learn to read :air: 

Archived