💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Gaga took a melody from an Avicii song???/coincidence + proof

Andreu

Featured Posts

Guillaume Hamon

Apparently Avicii song was out back in December 2017 while gaga's "The Cure" was out in May 2017 so why do you say she took a melody from him? :) Maybe it's a coincidence or he took it from her. Or you meant she heard the song before everyone else and copy it? I'm confused sorry. :) 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ziggy

It's a VERY simple chord. I don't think either party would be pressed that both songs have this chord progression. It's not exactly a work of musical genius to think of :laughga:

AnglerfishbraBENUS

yes it's the same, but it's also literally a 4 note scale - Do re mi fa mi do - not exactly THE most crazy creative one of a kind melody 

brucee
On 4/22/2018 at 10:04 PM, Andreu said:

which accusation?????????????????? I said it's a coincidence in the OP

????????????????????????????????????????

This happens all the time when someone creates a song, they're only twelve notes. 

hello hello baby.

Andreu
5 hours ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

Apparently Avicii song was out back in December 2017 while gaga's "The Cure" was out in May 2017 so why do you say she took a melody from him? :) Maybe it's a coincidence or he took it from her. Or you meant she heard the song before everyone else and copy it? I'm confused sorry. :) 

Boy did you even read the OP? :ladyhaha:

1. It has never been out since it's a song Avicii has played live but never released. On the spoiler on the OP there's a video of him playing it summer 2016 but with bad sound quality, that's why I added s more new video with better quality.

2. Undoubtedly, it's a coincidence, but I had to put a title that would make  it a got thread :staymad: bc no-one would have entered to a "coincidence" thread.

Andreu
2 hours ago, whipopotamus said:

yes it's the same, but it's also literally a 4 note scale - Do re mi fa mi do - not exactly THE most crazy creative one of a kind melody 

48 minutes ago, brucee said:

This happens all the time when someone creates a song, they're only twelve notes. 

Exactly, just a coincidence, nothing too serious

Andreu
On 22/4/2018 at 10:49 PM, corvus albus said:

Now you have to get on my level with a thread over 100 replies :giggle:

Reveal hidden contents

joke of course :ladyhaha:

Henny here you have the 100+ replies

White corvus who?

corvus albus
8 minutes ago, Andreu said:

Henny here you have the 100+ replies

White corvus who?

I have two now :giggle:

Guillaume Hamon
18 hours ago, Andreu said:

Boy did you even read the OP? :ladyhaha:

1. It has never been out since it's a song Avicii has played live but never released. On the spoiler on the OP there's a video of him playing it summer 2016 but with bad sound quality, that's why I added s more new video with better quality.

2. Undoubtedly, it's a coincidence, but I had to put a title that would make  it a got thread :staymad: bc no-one would have entered to a "coincidence" thread.

Oh sorry I just saw the other vid and I was like "but the cure is older" lol! Yeah now I heard the 2016 one.

Spoiler

Honestly it's quite close but that's so simple that I'm sure this type of hook could be found in many other edm songs. I'm sure even classical music tracks have this melody with piano or smt lol. :)

Chromatislaps

I hear it, but it's different enough to be considered it's own melody :lolly: 

chromadica

Even though this is a blatant reach, I feel like it should be noted that songs have similar melodies all the time and it's nothing new nor negative. Take Applause and Undressed by Kim Cesarion for example, two songs released in the same timeframe with similar melodies, yet still completely different songs.

WeDontStop

tfw everyone's hearing the cure in this but i'm hearing Stache :emma:

i got the boys in dubai

Archived