Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Most overrated/underatted gaga MVs

Bloodyjack

Featured Posts

Bloodyjack

Here are mine.

Overrated:

Alejandro: I don't get why you GGD folks are so obsessed. It has some great cinematography and I love the gothic vibes but what else is there to really obsess over. It's so boring and problematic also. The part with her dressed as Madonna was just a little OTT and fangirly and the religious symbolism has just gained unwanted controversy, I don't get why it's four minutes longer than the actual song it's not like it actually used that time to give us some dialogue and art. Just four minutes of her repeating Alejandro:trollga:

Bad romance: yeah I said it...:firega::staymad:. I actually love the video I find it very entertaining and I love the aesthetic but I just don't get what people find so timelessly iconic and endlessly memorable about it. Not a lot actually separates it from other pop videos and it seems a little average for the time. I don't get how it's considered more crazy and over the top than telephone and paparazzi.

Pokerface: again average video for the time in fact every now and again I have to rewatch it to remind myself which video it actually is lol.

Underatted: 

G.U.Y an ARTPOP film: a visual and artistic masterpiece. What's not to love, there's a medley, great costumes, murderous intentions and an appearance by the real housewives.

Telephone: whether you love it or you hate it, your damn well gonna remember it and that's why I love it. Telephone was made in an era where every pop artist was trying to make well thought out, emotional, deep MVs and telephone totally broke the chain. It was messy, devious, murderous, OTT, campy, fun and memorable. I've noticed since it was released as well murder and violence became trendy in videos (shade at Kylie, rhianna and Beyonce lol) 

John Wayne: I love everything about this video, it's very visually stunning, great costumes and and striking campiness. It's ashame the song is only 2 damn minutes cause the video had so much left in the tank.

What do you guys think.

Ryusei

Overrated: NONE are you kidding?

Underrated: You and I 

Musery

Mirrion Rizzons

none are overrated loool they're all underrated in the youtube sense

But the underrated ones:

1) Born this way - yes i said it, it's a GGD least fav but I love it especially the intro and the skeleton and ending visuals. 

2) Marry the night - her best video. period. Judas may be her best aesthetically but MTN is gaga at her finest

3) Applause - I live for the choreo and the outfits are some of my favourites

4) GUY - don't even need to explain, just art.

5) John wayne - deserved to smash on YT. and Idc that it wasn't a single but 30M views is tragic It should at least have 60M

KyliesChild

G.U.Y. is well-appreciated for what it is. The video is so poorly executed and a waste of money on Gaga's end for the end result. She spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to shoot at the Hearst Castle and it simply wasn't worth it in the end. Her inclusion of the Housewives, SkyDoesMinecraft, and Andy Cohen cheapens the video so much and it was just an amalgam of random ideas that didn't make sense besides the subtle Greek mythology references. 

Underrated: You and I, Applause, and Joanne

Overrated: Born This Way and Telephone

Mirrion Rizzons
2 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

YNI video did pretty well considering it was only a hit in america but Most GP know it for Jo, so it isn't too underrated but again, all her videos are underrated

ryanripley

Overrated: GUY

Underrated: John Wayne

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Bloodyjack
4 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

2 minutes ago, Mirrion Rizzons said:

none are overrated loool they're all underrated in the youtube sense

But the underrated ones:

1) Born this way - yes i said it, it's a GGD least fav but I love it especially the intro and the skeleton and ending visuals. 

2) Marry the night - her best video. period. Judas may be her best aesthetically but MTN is gaga at her finest

3) Applause - I live for the choreo and the outfits are some of my favourites

4) GUY - don't even need to explain, just art.

5) John wayne - deserved to smash on YT. and Idc that it wasn't a single but 30M views is tragic It should at least have 60M

There still are overatteds MVs in terms of fanbase opinions and bad romance always pops up on most viewed YouTube video lists

The Louvre

You and I is probably my favourite Gaga video, so underrated. Those scenes were she's standing on the deserted road with her big hat and robot look :wub:. The barn scenes are amazing as well.

I think Alejandro is overrated (and way too long; both the intro and that endless ale-alejandro part).

It's said the map of the world is on you. The moon gravitates around you. The seasons escape you.

Mirrion Rizzons
14 minutes ago, Bloodyjack said:

There still are overatteds MVs in terms of fanbase opinions and bad romance always pops up on most viewed YouTube video lists

it deserves to be in that list tho, it should have crossed 1B in 2016 tbh

Bloodyjack
1 minute ago, Mirrion Rizzons said:

it deserves to be in that list tho, it should have crossed 1B in 2016 tbh

I never said it didn't I was just correcting you point

Andreu

John Wayne is definitely underrated. And I agree with PF not being the best among hers although it's very well made

PaulaMonster13

Overrated: Bad Romance, as y'all said it's one of Gaga's most iconic music videos but I think she has better ones...

Underrated: G.U.Y., this masterpiece deserved +1B views

Archived