Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
celeb

Chris Martin advocating for world peace during Glastonbury set

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

After asking the 100,000-strong crowd to put their phones away for “A Sky Full of Stars”, Martin said: “Just raise your hands like this and turn towards the main stage like this. Now, we’re gonna send a big Glastonbury love thing. OK, for five seconds, we’re gonna send it out.”

Martin, advocating for world peace, then said: “You can send it to anyone: you can send it to your grandmother, you can send it to Israel, you can send it to Palestine, you can send it to Myanmar. You can send it to Ukraine, you can send it to peaceful Russia. You can send it anywhere – you can send it all over the world from Glastonbury.”

During their set, which The Independent called a “spectacle of a lifetime”, they welcomed several surprise guests including Michael J Fox, Little Simz and Palestinian-Chilean singer Elyanna.

i ❤️
  • Like 1
  • Love 5

River

lol a british is talking about world peace, occupation and genocide.. this conflict is because of them and all the countries they f-cked through history are still living the consequences of what they did.

but yeah love and peace lol

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Like 3
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 1

Pennywise

Thanks for that meaningless liberal bullshit that no one asked for I guess :ohwell:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE
  • Thanks 1

Ivy

Idk I believe in energy of huge crowds praying for peace, it can't be bad

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

Teletubby
9 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

It's giving

he also ended homophobia

i ❤️
  • LMAO 3

Sarah H
21 minutes ago, River said:

lol a british is talking about world peace, occupation and genocide.. this conflict is because of them and all the countries they f-cked through history are still living the consequences of what they did.

He had nothing to do with that though. Just because he's a Brit doesn't mean he shouldn't ever speak about those issues. 

• Like 13
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 11

AndiGaga
22 minutes ago, Sarah H said:

He had nothing to do with that though. Just because he's a Brit doesn't mean he shouldn't ever speak about those issues. 

This. I'm a German, i am not responsible for the horrific acts of the German government 80 years ago

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

olive specter
51 minutes ago, River said:

where are u from?

olive specter

it's a sad world where 'peace for all' has a negative response 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 8

River
35 minutes ago, Sarah H said:

That's the point of people from countries that occupied, slaughtered and colonized lands, they think that it's the past and just because some colonies has been accepted and normalized then we all should move on and they are clean from responsibility and blame. some histories are still fresh, some countries are still dealing with the consequences of that history.

12 minutes ago, AndiGaga said:

This. I'm a German, i am not responsible for the horrific acts of the German government 80 years ago

That's kinda different, Germany post war did everything to fix that damaged from the war, especially for Holocaust survivors. but some countries still pretend that they didn't commit a genocide in their past

6 minutes ago, olive specter said:

where are u from?

shitty Israel, he's talking love and peace while my country is making Gaza a parking lot and actively committing a genocide, so of course I'm angry, of course I can't stand all these shitty countries that funding this war.

It's nice that some calls for peace, some calls to free Palestine, but you can't solve the horror that happening in gaza like that, they need to stop their governments from selling weapons to israel

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Thanks 2

Madame Goo Goo
1 hour ago, killme89 said:

He basically just said all lives matter lol …next 

The problem with All Lives Matter is the phrase itself, which he did not say, not the sentiment.

Lady Gaga doesn't owe us anything
  • Like 3

olive specter
11 minutes ago, River said:

That's the point of people from countries that occupied, slaughtered and colonized lands, they think that it's the past and just because some colonies has been accepted and normalized then we all should move on and they are clean from responsibility and blame. some histories are still fresh, some countries are still dealing with the consequences of that history.

babe, nobody with any education thinks what happened in the past has no impact on today's world. they just don't have any power to do anything about it.

and if somebody is so uneducated that they are not aware of it, they are even more incapable of doing so

many countries participated in colonization (not mine hihi), it doesn't mean everybody should be walking around feeling guilty

and going back to the original post, it's never bad to promote empathy and love

• Like 6
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1