Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
question

Is Born This Way REALLY the Album of the Decade?

Green Detox

Featured Posts

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ferretti

Literally without question. I mean, is it even possible to top this album? Not that I know much about topping, but still. 

disco stick tester, inquire within

Smother Em Eh

No but it’s close. It’s her best work yet too! 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Smother Em Eh
21 hours ago, PerfectIllusion said:

I don't like it that much tbh :ph34r: i prefer Joanne and The Fame Monster 

Born This way and ARTPOP have some bops but they are also loud as f*** 

They may be loud as f*** but they are Artistically driven and serve lots of bangers! 

:lolga:

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

misunderstood

The album was finished back then, happy she added more songs like BJAF & HML tho :wub:

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

TimisaMonster

You know WHAT....ACTUALLY...compared to all the other crap album...what other album had such an impact on peoples LIVES like BTW???

I mean...Taylor had 1989...Ariana had Dangerous Woman...etc GREAT ALBUMS full of bops but none of those albums made a MARK in INTERNATIONAL POP CULTURE 

I have to agree with her...

:wtfga:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

brit4ever

From GP perspective I'd say it's 1989, Beyonce, 21 or 25, I'd pick 25 and 1989 though. BTW was successful, but people relate it to Gaga's decline and that's the point they started to dislike her. For the LGBTQ+ people it's great and legendary, but for the common persson it's just another album. 

25 and 1989 had positivity surrounding them, had more and bigger hits, sold more and had iconic moments.

Phoebe Buffay
1 minute ago, brit4ever said:

25 and 1989 had positivity surrounding them, had more and bigger hits, sold more and had iconic moments.

What iconic moments? :oprah:

brit4ever
14 minutes ago, EvilRegal said:

What iconic moments? :oprah:

idk about you, but after Hello was released all people at school were like: "Hello....... it's me" or "Hello....... from the other side" and that lasted like 3 months :poot:  and 25 selling 5 Million + albums in one week, when everyone else can't even sell 200k was pretty much iconic. 

The video for Blank Space had it's moment, everyone at school was talking about it and Taylor replacing herself from the #1 on Billboard Hot 100 was something, also the feud with Katy(as annoying as it was :awkney:). Some would even claim Bad Blood iconic(despite being a cheap rip-off of Toxic). 

I don't think any other album had such a big impact this decade so far. 

Now that I think of it, 25 is the album of the decade. It's an album liked by people of all ages(literaly from 3 to 93 years old).

Phoebe Buffay
2 minutes ago, brit4ever said:

idk about you, but after Hello was released all people at school were like: "Hello....... it's me" or "Hello....... from the other side" and that lasted like 3 months :poot:  and 25 selling 5 Million + albums in one week, when everyone else can't even sell 200k was pretty much iconic. 

The video for Blank Space had it's moment, everyone at school was talking about it and Taylor replacing herself from the #1 on Billboard Hot 100 was something, also the feud with Katy(as annoying as it was :awkney:). Some would even claim Bad Blood iconic(despite being a cheap rip-off of Toxic). 

I don't think any other album had so big impact.

Now that I think of it, 25 is the album of the decade. It's an album liked by people of all ages(literaly from 3 to 93 years old).

None of this is iconic, especially Taylor's Toxic rip-off video. The feud with Katy maybe it was, but tbh Taylor doesn't have any iconic moments in her career in comparison to other artists (Gaga, Britney, Madge, Mariah...). For Adele the only iconic thing she's ever done is the gigantic first week sales for 25 :tony: (LG6 is coming for that throne btw :lolly::selena:).

brit4ever
1 hour ago, EvilRegal said:

None of this is iconic, especially Taylor's Toxic rip-off video. The feud with Katy maybe it was, but tbh Taylor doesn't have any iconic moments in her career in comparison to other artists (Gaga, Britney, Madge, Mariah...). For Adele the only iconic thing she's ever done is the gigantic first week sales for 25 :tony: (LG6 is coming for that throne btw :lolly::selena:).

Well, offcourse Taylor is not even near to the most iconic artists of all time, but the 1989 era had some impact. 21 and 25 though realy are the albums of the decade. Adele is somehow universaly liked by everyone(probably because she isn't polarizing and problematic).

Archived