Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
question

Is Born This Way REALLY the Album of the Decade?

Green Detox

Featured Posts

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ordinarynam1310

For me this album and Joanne has the most amount of the most timeless sound so it will be remembered for years to come

Andreu

Then she could have aimed towards a more timeless production that wouldn't make it sound dated towards the end of the decade.

No, to begin with the other ones she released are better. And watch out for Lg6 to be the album of the 2010s:firega:

Mirrion Rizzons

what y'all talking about? cheek to cheek is not only the album of the decade, but the album of the millenium! Facts 

Lextyr97

It should be 🙄 Born This Way was a movement. It is so relevant to the social issues we are still trying to overcome (bullying, LGBT community, women's rights, immigration). It really SHOULD be the album of the decade. I think it was the biggest era this decade. I already know you guys are thinking 1989 and Lemonade, but not to me. I wasn't a stan of Gaga during BTW and I'm still not a stan of Tay. Born This Way was such a ****ing MASSIVE, and one of a kind era

djBuffoon

Seven years later, it still sounds as wild and distinctive as the day it dropped. No other artist on the face of the planet could have possibly created it. 

Lextyr97
2 hours ago, Taide said:

It was so daring back then. Biggest pop star in the whole planet released a song and album dedicated mostly to LGBTQ+ people is something no one has done before her and won’t ever do again. 

THIS. She rose higher than ANYONE has in super stardom and used that platform for US. She made an album about her fans for her fans. She is just magnificent 

KyliesChild

It's not even the album of 2011. "Born This Way" isn't even regarded as one of the best albums of this decade and compared to other albums it's completely average sonically. It did have an impact on the LGBT community for sure, however they're a minority. People within the LGBT community are probably the only people who regard this album as important (which isn't a bad thing). 

loathereality

21 was not even the album of the year leave alone bening the album of decade.

21 was big enought thanks to adele’s voice but music is more than that and the quality if the album...

I think none of the songs in 21 are dope quality!

Meredith Grey

The album itself had impact and was huge. But I honestly think the song Born This Way is one of the most iconic songs of all time. That song was important politically, culturally, on the Internet, had a great beat, and everyone in the world (or atleast the US) knows the words.

Archived