Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Go see Love, Simon! [No spoilers!]

PunkTheFunk

Featured Posts

Chuckles
11 minutes ago, A Hybrid said:

I'm 16 and I can't come out. Not because I'm not willing to, but because I don't want to feel unsafe

So I'm not sure this movie is what I need, seeing what you said. What do you think?

I would say it is not, in the movie everyone is so accepting (family, friends, school). I would say that this is the most positive experience everyone would have. 

Spoiler

There is a scene of the movie I'm not telling but that's what makes this "coming out" quite compelling.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chuckles
27 minutes ago, Poissonche said:

I went to see it last night. The last couple months have been pretty rough for me, so I decided to go back to what I loved when I was a friendless young teenager: going to the movie theatre alone AF by walking 40 minutes in the night. And it just lifted me up. Usually, when I walk from the theatre to home at midnight, I get full of fear, but it didn't happen this time. I was on a happy cloud. I remembered what being happy was for a little while here. I definitely recommend this to anyone feeling isolated. I didn't relate that much to the coming out process portrayed in the movie, since sh!t happened and I came out at 14 and it was the smallest deal ever, but all of the isolation, secrets, etc., oh man, did it hit close to home. And it's beautiful to see a love story blossom like that, even though love always end up with me getting sad drunk; just cuz I don't have it don't mean I don't find it beautiful.

Go watch Love, Simon. You need it in your life.

Also, Gaga spoiler:

Hide contents

Was the picture on the same wall as the big Whitney pic, when Simon was thinking about his very gay college life? Because I was convinced a Gaga pic would be there, but I didn't find it :selena:

And yes to your spoiler, it's in the center right if I remember correctly.

PunkTheFunk
1 hour ago, CrazyMonster said:

YOU HAVE TO WATCH 13 REASONS WHY! :grr:

I will eventually :poot:

I saw it the day it came out. I loved it. I’m going to start reading the book next week. 

Also, how is the skinny guy from CMBYN a Ken doll? :ladyhaha:

The Child
5 hours ago, DelusionalGaga said:

Same here in Germany. It's supposed to come out on June, 28. Why do they hate Europe? 

tumblr_on368cxLux1u6n38po1_250.gif

June 28th here too :cryga:

I’m gonna have to see it like 5 times before going on holidays cause I want them to understand that we want more LGBT representation on big screen!

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

PunkTheFunk
5 hours ago, Chuckles said:

I would say it is not, in the movie everyone is so accepting (family, friends, school). I would say that this is the most positive experience everyone would have. 

Reveal hidden contents

There is a scene of the movie I'm not telling but that's what makes this "coming out" quite compelling.

I think this is what makes the movie so memorable and heartwarming tbh. It's a sense of escapism for most of us to see a family that's so accepting of their gay child, and gives the audience a sense of what things might be like if we keep pushing the gay rights movement forward.

Archived