đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Come To Mama (Father John Misty Demo)

Space Cowboy

Featured Posts

imnotyourbabe10
17 hours ago, Bio said:

That article was shady towards capitalism, consumerism and the music business, not the artists itself.

Did I miss the link to this article?  

Need to print off a copy to put next to my Marx-Engels Reader  :diane:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Inferno

I mean I think he was being pretentious and maybe a tad shady because at the end of the day in terms of the business side of music, he comes from a completely different world than Lady Gaga not only in terms of genre and expectations put on those genres but also hes a dude and not just a dude but a white alternative dude. People from his side of the music sphere can be pretty f*cking obnoxious particularly when it comes to perceptions of pop stars and regardless of whether or not he got to know gaga personally hes still going to hold certain viewpoints.

At the same time, I think some people in this thread are trying to make this so much more insidious than it actually is. He may have one opinion of the way the pop machine runs that she or Beyonce are involved in but that does not necessarily mean hes dissing Gaga herself. Maybe she does consequently end up being dissed but at the end of the day I think she shares the same opinion he does in terms of feeling like a prisoner and not necessarily being able to release everything she would like to the way that she would like it. But also shes willingly striving to be a top 40 commercial artist and she knows what shes apart of and she clearly wants to be apart of it.

Ultimately, nothing is as one dimensional as anyone in here is making it.

Archived