66 members have voted

1. 1. Would ASIB be a smash?

• Yes, people always eat up musicals
    • No, it'll be a flop
    • I can't tell...

Featured Posts

derpmonster
1 minute ago, KyliesChild said:

I'm hoping for a score in between 70-75 at least. Hopefully people will enjoy the soundtrack.

70 and I'll be happy. Rotten Tomatoes can be hard and critics can be especially hard on newcomers like Gaga.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

KyliesChild
Just now, derpmonster said:

70 and I'll be happy. Rotten Tomatoes can be hard and critics can be especially hard on newcomers like Gaga.

That's what I'm worried about. I'm hoping she worked extremely hard on her acting skills because it would open so many opportunities if this movie turns out to be a success. A 70 would be very good for a directorial film debut by an actor starring a newcomer as well.

I’m not a big fan of musicals and remakes but I’ll probably watch it since Gaga and Bradley would be in it. 

Glamourpuss
21 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

Sad but true. Waiting for her acting career to take off after this one.

OT: most people I know don't even know this movie exists. Especially since there aren't trailers playing and stuff.

Why focus on the negativity by being realistic? Be a dreamer and be on Gaga's side. She's acheived so many things that others would have deemed impossible. She used to say she was delusional with her ambitions because she had a dream that nobody else could visualise and she ended up far exceeding her own expectations. This could be a smash for all we know.

derpmonster
1 minute ago, PussyGlam said:

Why focus on the negativity by being realistic? Be a dreamer and be on Gaga's side. She's acheived so many things that others would have deemed impossible. She used to say she was delusional with her ambitions because she had a dream that nobody else could visualise and she ended up far exceeding her own expectations. This could be a smash for all we know.

I'm hoping and rooting for her! I'll still very excited about the movie. We'll have to see her approach this time. The Fame's success was partly and importantly due to her constant promo and performances at every radio, every street, every club in the country. She isn't as much into promo because she's over it and because she's physically contrained now. But she really wants her acting career to work out. Let's see what she does. I know she can make it work.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

sethrb101

Well, from the musical angle, didn't The Greatest Showman do well recently? It had some decent stars but I wouldn't necessarily consider them huge box office draws. With Gaga and Bradley, I think there's a good chance they'll bring in people to the theater.

I think the greatest indicator will be reactions when a trailer finally releases. Most people don't seem to be aware it's coming.

#Gaga2020

LeJudas
1 hour ago, ryanripley said:

i'm not expecting box office records to be broken but i'm not expecting a total flop either

So humble and modest my king ryan

:golfclap:

TimisaMonster

I mean...La La Land was a hit and Oscar buzz movie so I guess ASIB has the same potential if the promo is right

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

RAMROD

We will never knows. Depends how it is marketed, I guess :shrug:

There are people who will watch musicals regardless. At least people will be curious to know Gaga and Bradley Cooper are starring in one.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

sethrb101
16 minutes ago, Chrastapher said:

Not really :poot:

It seemed to do decently to me. And the soundtrack certainly did.

#Gaga2020

23 minutes ago, sethrb101 said:

It seemed to do decently to me. And the soundtrack certainly did.

I mean critically, not really. The soundtrack is the only saving grace for that movie tbh

Archived