💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

opinion

Do you actually like Ed Sheeran?

Guest Blue Madonna

Featured Posts

Guest Blue Madonna

So I'm sure we all know that Ed Sheeran receives quite a bit of hate on this website,

Spoiler

including myself, sometimes; hence my rudely iconic comment for which I received a WP for :poot: tbh I really was just upset about Lorde because I do prefer her to him :emma:

http://gagadaily.com/forums/topic/258048-lordetsed-sheeran-wont-attend-grammys/?tab=comments#comment-10090871

but I'm wondering how many of youse actually enjoy his music?

I adore his cheesy love songs :hor: and I really loved a lot of Divide.  Eraser was and is my jam and Nancy Mulligan was shamelessly my most played song of 2017.  I See Fire is still (for me) my favourite song from a movie, Supermarket Flowers brings tears to my eyes every time and I feel like Shape of You receives a lot of hate because of its absolute thrashing by the radio :sharon: but before it was overplayed it was an awesomely sexy bop :music:.  I saw him live and he was brilliant, his performances are surprisingly awesome for a dude with a guitar :stalkga: . I feel like he received too much hate for his Grammys wins over Gaga, because while he obviously didn't deserve them it wasn't his fault :triggered:, the blimmin recording academy :saladga: .  Do you also like Ed Sheeran? If you don't, please also share reasons why, I am curious :derpga: .

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DaftFameMonster

He's never appealed to me. This whole attitude of his has just reinforced my dislike. 

2 minutes ago, DaftFameMonster said:

He's never appealed to me. This whole attitude of his has just reinforced my dislike. 

Fair enough; what attitude exactly? 

IllusionLover

NO. for more (million) reasons than stealing Gaga's grammys

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

Florian

I don't mind his music, he makes some good songs imo.

But guuuuuurl... he needs to stop with that arrogant attitude. It's an absolute turn off for me 

ToxicHot

No. He has seemingly lowered the standard for music. And that's THAT on THAT.

tumblr_oi0maitsiP1qgu742o2_400.gif 

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

rumours

I’ll be honest. I think he is very talented and is quite good in an acoustic setting especially. 

However, he seems to have become (for lack of better terminology) “full of himself”. No longer do I view Ed as a talented folk singer with some authenticity. I now see him as a commercialized puppet for the music industry, a person who cares more about chart success and “becoming Adele” than releasing meaningful music. For example, the A Team (in my opinion) is better than anything he’s released recently in terms of lyrical depth/meaning.  

It’s actually quite unfortunate imo. 

DutchHooker

All his songs are made for straight teenage girls who buy his music so he can make profit out of it. I hate all of it, too cheesy. :reductive:

We need DarkGa with Bops so we can rule the industry again and learn the other popgirls how to snatch 'em wigs to ultimate baldness!!

Anderson123

I do like some of his songs and I didn't have a problem with him but just reading some of the things he says makes me think he's so pathetic.

FRANK1991

I don't get his appeal.

I only like Castle On the Hill. That's about it.

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

Thomas P

I wasn’t starting to finally warm up to him in December cause I love castle on the hill, but then he ditched the Grammys, and won. 

So it’s a hard no for me :lolly:

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

KyliesChild
4 minutes ago, ToxicHot said:

No. He has seemingly lowered the standard for music. And that's THAT on THAT.

tumblr_oi0maitsiP1qgu742o2_400.gif 

in what way? his music is generic but generic music has existed for decades. he can sing, write, rap, produce, and play guitar. i'm not sure how that's "lowering the standard" and he arguably has more talent than the artist who you have on your avatar 

That J

I'm not a fan of him at all. I think he's had a decent song or 2 but I've never purchased any or sought his music out to listen to. So...I can appreciate his attempts but I'm not a fan.  

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

Pop Music

giphy.gif

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Archived