opinion

All The Pop Divas Are Dead

Saade Baena

Featured Posts

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Inferno

They'd come back if they'd release something with balls. Thats their problem imo. Of all the "pop forum pop girls" Beyonce and Rihanna are the only veterans bringing the edge which is why theyre as relevant as they are. And then now weve got all of these instagram model pop stars like Dua Lipa, Camila, Halsey, and Selena coming up and outstreaming. Gaga needs to ditch pandering to tasteless gays and middle americans (joanne) and just make something adult thats edgy and from the heart. im not asking for a fame monster reboot or whatever just something sleek and powerful with visuals equivalent to or better than the quality of her past showstudio collaborations.

Ziggy

I kind of like that they're gone as a status symbol because I think it allows artists like Gaga to be a lot more than just a pop star in the eyes of the public. They could be complex pop stars, maybe do rock, or techno, or rap, or whatever they want. I think it frees a lot of expectation on women getting into music nowadays and I think Gaga had a hand in ushering in that destruction just by being herself. She never fit the image and as such it kind of fell apart. I mean, it was bound to anyway at some point, but I think Gaga continuing to push her boundaries was part of that natural trend cycle and it's refreshing.

Enzo

I hope you all get those WP for speaking another language and actually saying bad words :stalkga: 

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

Saade Baena
4 minutes ago, Enzo said:

I hope you all get those WP for speaking another language and actually saying bad words :stalkga: 

Portuguese is The New thing

ZNVZXlI.gif

Saade Baena
21 minutos atrás, Ziggy disse:

Eu gosto de ser o que é o que é o que você quer? Podem ser estrelas pop complexas, talvez fazer rock, ou techno, ou rap, ou o que quiserem. Eu acho que isso libera muito esperado sobre como mulheres entrar na música hoje em dia e acho que Gaga teve uma mão em anunciar essa destruição apenas por ser a mesma. Ela nunca se encaixa na imagem e, como tal, ela se desfez. Quero dizer, foi obrigado de qualquer forma em algum momento, mas acho que Gaga continuando um empurrar seus limites para parte do ciclo de tendências naturais e é refrescante.

and a price was paid some of them are losing space in the main scenario. I say this from a point of view of someone living outside the USA. Here in Brazil they are no longer so relevant, I imagine that in other countries they too have lost space for Ed, Drake and Bruno. So boring

Bradlee Annett

Music is all Trap and Hip-Hop now with features. I miss when the Billboard charts was all Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Katy Perry, Kesha, Britney Spears and the one hit wonders of the early 2010's... :cryga:

Guest bostonGUY

Y’all act like this is the worst thing to ever happen

Things in music come and go. Pop girls had their time, but nothing can last forever. Just like disco and grunge, everything comes and goes. But that doesn’t mean things can’t come back. Maybe someone will bring pop girls back to popularity, but for now almost everyone I know listens to either Spanish music or rap/hip-hop

and I agree with the previous post that someone needs to bring edge back to pop

(personally I think Dua Lipa is capable but maybe I’m only saying that cause I’m a huge Dua fan)

Yuuri

Wait is the thread in Portuguese or Spanish? I know both are pretty similar but I have no clue have to read in Portuguese and understood everything.

FameHookah
10 hours ago, Inferno said:

They'd come back if they'd release something with balls. Thats their problem imo. Of all the "pop forum pop girls" Beyonce and Rihanna are the only veterans bringing the edge which is why theyre as relevant as they are. And then now weve got all of these instagram model pop stars like Dua Lipa, Camila, Halsey, and Selena coming up and outstreaming. Gaga needs to ditch pandering to tasteless gays and middle americans (joanne) and just make something adult thats edgy and from the heart. im not asking for a fame monster reboot or whatever just something sleek and powerful with visuals equivalent to or better than the quality of her past showstudio collaborations.

PREACH!!

BUT.. gaga needed to rebuild her image and did Joanne to get the SB and some grammys (welp that one didnt work out)  While showing people how talented she is, in pretty sure she will come back soon.

WTF is MDNA

BloodyM

The problem with Female Pop singers is that they stopped being innovate and leading but tagged along to the tropical 'chainsmokers/halsey' sound.  Like already mentioned, Beyonce and Rihanna are the ones that actually take lead with their power. I bet if instead of Joanne Gaga released a disco pop influenced album, with a strong lead and high fashion visuals, things would have been very different! Also we can't forget how record labels mess up when choosing the wrong singles like they did with Gaga for a number of times. 

RadioIsOurs

I don't really mind that the charts are dominated by hip hop tracks, even though most of them are trash. Happened before in the 2000s and 90s. The biggest problem here is that almost everything else is boring mediocre stuff too...

Freezie03

Yes please. Gaga, Katy, Taylor, Rihanna... (even though Taylor and Rihanna are still widely successful so Gaga and Katy need more attention)

Luxe Ford

Mortui sunt divae saepe pop. Pop culturae sunt simpliciter assasinatu totius Americae. Age futurum sit apud Europae sive Uranus et Hyadas in. Goddamn!

What happens in Luxe Ford stays in Luxe Ford

Archived