Jump to content
Lady Gagain Vegas
🎤 Use code GAGAVEGAS at SeatGeek.com to get $20 off tickets 🎤
opinion

Gaga did not loose her creativity

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

Crazy Gaga needed some rest. After the Joanne we are craving for crazy looks because they have become unusual now. It builds more excitement.

Joanne era had an ''negative'' creativity'' in the sense that it did the unexpected (for fans) aka the expected for public.

Edited by FfFfFfFF
►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nicogly

Lets NEVER forget ARTPOP where she meditated at the feet of the Berlin Wall in Venus get up, where she worked with Marina Abramovic and Koons. She married Greek mythology with modern, hard EDM, very Gothic despite the lack of Gothic visuals. Rememebr THAT beautiful collaboration with Robert Wilson, showcased at THE louvre. Swine with Millie Brown! Applause MV's references! ARTPOP might have had a superficial reading by audiences that weren't engaged in her approach to the ART and POP synchronisation, but it is honestly a very clever work meant for pushing the boundaries of what a POP and MAINSTREAM artist could do with regards to the avant garde and high art world. 

Edited by Nicogly
Rock On and A Last One For the Road 🚬
  • Like 3
  • Love 6
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Miel
5 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

Respectfully...:madge:I dont see passion with Joanne personally. And I don't see how it being important to her family makes it creative (also her grandma told her not to dwell on the death of Joanne.) I dont see the fire. Even ARTPOP had that fire. Joanne's videos... don't even get me started there. I want story ga. I want TALES to be told like JUdas, Marry the Night, even Applause (although that whole video harkened back to her previous works, bc she knows they were whatsup lol)

The music videos are definitely not as exciting as previous, I will give you that.

But you can't say that there's no passion in Joanne. Like, I know it's subjective, but the album and her performances and literally everything surrounding it (sans the MR video) was built around very intense emotions.

The lyrical content of the album itself is also creative in that it is revolving around how the loss of a family member affected a family for generations (and how it specifically affected how Gaga sees the world). I mean, yeah, she didn't create a multi-part space-opera narrative within the album, but a lot of the lyrical content is still creative and interesting and different, even for her.

3 points in and ready for more
  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Miel
1 minute ago, Nicogly said:

Lets NEVER forget ARTPOP where she meditated at the feet of the Berlin Wall in Venus get up, where she worked with Marina Abramovic and Koons. She married Greek mythology with modern, hard EDM, very Gothic despite the lack of Gothic visuals. Rememebr THAT beautiful collaboration with Robert Wilson, showcased at THE louvre. ARTPOP might have had a superficial reading by audiences that weren't engaged in her approach to the ART and POP synchronisation, but it is honestly a very clever work meant for pushing the boundaries of what a POP and MAINSTREAM artist could do. 

I sometimes wish ARTPOP went the way she intended to- not just the promotional rollout, but also the creative process behind it (even as far back as 2012). You could tell she had so many ideas and so much passion for it that, unfortunately, was wet out prematurely.

But then, we wouldn't get what we got now without her going through all that b.s.

3 points in and ready for more
  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nicogly
Just now, Miel said:

I sometimes wish ARTPOP went the way she intended to- not just the promotional rollout, but also the creative process behind it (even as far back as 2012). You could tell she had so many ideas and so much passion for it that, unfortunately, was wet out prematurely.

But then, we wouldn't get what we got now without her going through all that b.s.

So true... imagine that experimental ACT II (I don't mean those leaks people claim to be part of ACT II like Brooklyn Nights or Tea, but probably hardcore EDM with her going as insane as her genre allowed) 

Rock On and A Last One For the Road 🚬
  • YAAAS 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
LGMonster95
2 minutes ago, Andrew Warhola said:

I did not know that but I caught on around the time the Million Reasons music video was released

giphy.gif

Cause Perfect Illusion video surprised you very much with the visuals lol (i love that video too) 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nicogly
4 minutes ago, Miel said:

The music videos are definitely not as exciting as previous, I will give you that.

But you can't say that there's no passion in Joanne. Like, I know it's subjective, but the album and her performances and literally everything surrounding it (sans the MR video) was built around very intense emotions.

The lyrical content of the album itself is also creative in that it is revolving around how the loss of a family member affected a family for generations (and how it specifically affected how Gaga sees the world). I mean, yeah, she didn't create a multi-part space-opera narrative within the album, but a lot of the lyrical content is still creative and interesting and different, even for her.

I do think Joanne should've been treated with more subtlety. She could've done something a la Ninth Wave by Kate Bush or something idiosyncratic like the movie Killing of A Sacred Deer (in which the weigh of the mistakes done in the past haunt your bloodline)

Rock On and A Last One For the Road 🚬

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quark
12 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

Respectfully...:madge:I dont see passion with Joanne personally. And I don't see how it being important to her family makes it creative (also her grandma told her not to dwell on the death of Joanne.) I dont see the fire. Even ARTPOP had that fire. Joanne's videos... don't even get me started there. I want story ga. I want TALES to be told like JUdas, Marry the Night, even Applause (although that whole video harkened back to her previous works, bc she knows they were whatsup lol)

The fact the she doesnt stop even when her Gradma told her to move on shows that she is really passionate about what she made. Also gaga told stories during Joanne that perfectly reflect a more personal and toned down era. You shouldn't expect meat dresses and eggs vessels here. 

  • Like 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ryanripley

i see so much creativity in joanne

it's not her most creative but the fanbase acts like she sits on a haystack with a guitar and thats it

are ya'll just ignoring the PI/JW/Joanne videos and the tour?

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ
  • Like 3
  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
LGMonster95

I'm glad for what Gaga did with this era (for me is not all about visuals at some time it becomes boring to be that "crazy" person everytime) she just showed how versatile she is and it was interesting to see her like this bc it never happened before

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
BloodyJudas
13 minutes ago, Quark said:

You keep pointing out her lack of creativity but that is just not true. Perfect Illusion the music video may seem simply for example, but the creativity comes in the way the camera was shot. The way Gaga seems to be moving slow but everyone else is moving really fast. In Joanne the song, Gaga kept saying Gooaanne instead of just saying going in order to make going sound like Joanne. During the Superbowl she jumped from the roof of the stadium, something no one has done before. Her JWT interludes are very creative. Showing the differences between Joanne and Gaga. How about that piano that light up with the notes she plays. Or the car crash, obviously intense video of John Wayne that perfectly fits the song. I could keep gionh on but her creativity is still here.

4

Well, I won't be that lucky to see the JWT interludes as the concert I was planning to attend has been canceled.  

She didn't practically jump off from the roof but I will give her props for the execution of this idea. Well, the whole Superbowl performance was magnificent and one of the best in the entire Superbowl history! Gaga is an amazing performer. I enjoyed every song on Joanne (except for Hey Girl )  but overall the era has been boring when compared to Gaga's standard. It lacked good visuals and memorable moments. Why didn't she put out more singles? A-Yo and Dancing In Circles were waiting to have their moment! She dragged the Million Reasons era for way too long. She could have released a hot video for Dancing In Circles during summer and come up with an interesting video concept. Gaga needs to convince the GP that she still has that spark in her and that she can still surprise them. She needs to stand out from the crowd and I am not talking about crazy and bizarre outfits or retching on stage but rather about solid music videos with well-developed concepts. She needs to be confident about being able to rule the pop world again. I don't think  Perfect Illusion or  Million Reason videos will go down in history as one of her best videos :) 

 

Edited by BloodyJudas
  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
FrankGutz
33 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Is it a crime if we want something that's a little more visually stimulating than a pink cowboy hat?

 

33 minutes ago, _Scheisse said:

You are right, she didn’t.

 

...but she lost Dada, Boomkack and Nicola as a day to day collaborator.

/Thread

MANDY MOORE | SOPHIE ELLIS-BEXTOR | LADY GAGA | JESSIE J

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ryanripley
7 minutes ago, BloodyJudas said:

Well, I won't be that lucky to see the JWT interludes as the concert I was planning to attend has been canceled.  

She didn't practically jump off from the roof but I will give her props for the execution of this idea. Well, the whole Superbowl performance was magnificent and one of the best in the entire Superbowl history! Gaga is an amazing performer. I enjoyed every song on Joanne (except for Hey Girl )  but overall the era has been boring when compared to Gaga's standard. It lacked good visuals and memorable moments. Why didn't she put out more singles? A-Yo and Dancing In Circles were waiting to have their moment! She dragged the Million Reasons era for way too long. She could have released a hot video for Dancing In Circles during summer and come up with an interesting video concept. Gaga needs to convince the GP that she still has that spark in her and that she can still surprise them. She needs to stand out from the crowd and I am not talking about crazy and bizarre outfits or retching on stage but rather about solid music videos with well-developed concepts. She needs to be confident about being able to rule the pop world again. I don't think  Perfect Illusion or  Million Reason videos will go down in history as one of her best videos :) 

 

the PI, JW and Joanne music videos are good

the tour has incredible visuals

she's served amazing looks

she's given many memorable moments such as coachella, the superbowl, two times at the grammys, a random song release, a documentary: http://gagadaily.com/2017/

it's been one of her best and healthiest eras in a very long time

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ
  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
PunkTheFunk
26 minutes ago, Quark said:

What is visually stimulating is subjective. Some people prefer her when she is simple and toned down. And if her more crazy visuals are the ones that you prefer than that is fine. Just don't call it lack of creativity or spark.

I'm a little hesitant to say her creative spark is still alive and well when we went from this

Gaga-Bad-romance-gif-lady-gaga-23250148-480-270.gifdadr2.gif

tumblr_l3petxlD5I1qa2nz2o1_400.gifgiphy.gif

To this

B48soK9.gif

I'm not hating on her. She is allowed to do whatever she wants and that's perfectly fine by me. But you can't try to convince me that her creativity hasn't been dampened over the years.

  • Like 5
  • LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 5

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ryanripley
4 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

I'm a little hesitant to say her creative spark is still alive and well when we went from this

Gaga-Bad-romance-gif-lady-gaga-23250148-480-270.gifdadr2.gif

tumblr_l3petxlD5I1qa2nz2o1_400.gifgiphy.gif

To this

B48soK9.gif

I'm not hating on her. She is allowed to do whatever she wants and that's perfectly fine by me. But you can't try to convince me that her creativity hasn't been dampened over the years.

that's not fair to use the worst video of the era as a representation of the eras visuals :selena: 

this is also from the joanne era:

tumblr_p1bz70QnCu1vkwufpo1_500.gif

tumblr_ou4ke0ZvHk1uf22zuo1_500.gif

Edited by ryanripley
https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ
  • Like 8
  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×