💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga did not loose her creativity

Quark

Featured Posts

o<(0_0)>o

Gaga did not loose her spark or creativity as many here have been saying. Is just that Gaga is showing her creative side in different ways now. The problem here is that some of you seem to think that she is only creative when she is making music and visuals like the ones she made during TF, TFM, and BTW. Another problem is that many of you think that her music is bad if its not your type of music or if she doesn't have big hits. However you could clearly see her passion and creativity during ARTPOP and Joanne. ARTPOP was trying to push the boundaries in terms of how art could be incorporated in a pop era. And with Joanne, Gaga clearly showed that the album meant a lot to her and her family. Finally, the root of the problem is that many of you that are complaining decided to stan someone that is always changing while you are unwilling to adapt. Gaga continues to evolve, while many of you are still stuck with her first eras.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DoremonLove

Have to agree with you. Unfortunately being creative for some ppl only means dark themes with dark visuals like fame monster n btw. How passionate she was for joanne is seen in the documentary. But okay ppl have diff opinions:lolly:

How can anoyone not love gaga

PunkTheFunk
3 minutes ago, Quark said:

Gaga continues to evolve, while many of you are still stuck with her first eras.

Is it a crime if we want something that's a little more visually stimulating than a pink cowboy hat?

La Rosalia

You are right, she didn’t.

...but she lost Dada, Boomkack and Nicola as a day to day collaborator.

Ryusei
Just now, PunkTheFunk said:

Is it a crime if we want something that's a little more visually stimulating than a pink cowboy hat?

there were plenty of looks this era. don't know where you were... Joanne is an analog kind of era and she wore clothes that fit the songs and the era as a whole. No need to cover herself in goo when she sings about her dead aunt or about that one reason to stay...

Musery

It annoys me how ARTPOP is seen as part of her “creative downfall” while the word “ART” is literally in the title in capital letters and it’s her most ambitious era with a shitload of concepts, references, ****ed up Marina Abramovic stuff, nonsensical costumes and stuff.

Because you don’t appreciate it doesn’t mean it’s not creative because it’s her most creative work ever so... :saladga:

BloodyJudas

1. She used to be more creative simply by making videos of much better quality, with nice visuals to look at and admire. With the Joanne videos, she didn't give a damn about these things. And let's remember Gaga was famous for doing high-budget and stunning visuals. I am right, aren't I?

2. "The problem here is that some of you seem to think that she is only creative when she is making music and visuals like the ones she made during TF, TFM, and BTW"- True that but actually ARTPOP visuals were also very promising and some ideas she had at the time were extremely creative. 

3. Her music has never been bad! She makes great music and if she weren't, I wouldn't have bought all of her albums, right?

4. No one is stuck (at least not me) with her first eras. I became a fan during the Born This Way era and I am not the type of person to dwell on the past. We are just comparing and that's what people do.

5. Gaga was way more creative at the beginning of her career (which was her peak spanning 3 years from 2009-2011). Back then, you never knew what she was up to. And she was always up to something unexpected, mischievous and great. I will repeat myself but with Joanne, she was like any other pop star out there, except her great vocal skills and a well-crafted album. But when it comes to ideas, era/single/videos execution, her last album leaves a lot to be desired.

3 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

What is visually stimulating is subjective. Some people prefer her when she is simple and toned down. And if her more crazy visuals are the ones that you prefer than that is fine. Just don't call it lack of creativity or spark.

holy scheisse

Respectfully...:madge:I dont see passion with Joanne personally. And I don't see how it being important to her family makes it creative (also her grandma told her not to dwell on the death of Joanne.) I dont see the fire. Even ARTPOP had that fire. Joanne's videos... don't even get me started there. I want story ga. I want TALES to be told like JUdas, Marry the Night, even Applause (although that whole video harkened back to her previous works, bc she knows they were whatsup lol)

LGMonster95

Joanne was not even suppose to be Gaga at her best when it comes to visuals, i mean i thought everyone knew this already....

10 minutes ago, _Scheisse said:

You are right, she didn’t.

...but she lost Dada, Boomkack and Nicola as a day to day collaborator.

One of these things isn’t creative as the others :spin:

I feel like she still is, and always has been, incredibly creative.

A lot of people see Joanne as less creative. I mean, it's definitely less avant-garde and more conventional, but there's still a lot of art shining through, just in different forms. I think the epitome of that is the Super Bowl Halftime Show performance: groundbreaking and really unique, in a relatively simplistic way. It was pyrotechnics, lighting, and one singular stunt, all centered around and emphasizing her capability as a performer.

That said, I will always await the return of avant-garde Gaga, even if I still am thoroughly enjoying what she's doing now.

3 points in and ready for more

10 minutes ago, BloodyJudas said:

1. She used to be more creative simply by making videos of much better quality, with nice visuals to look at and admire. With the Joanne videos she didn;'t give a damn about these things. And let's remember Gaga was famous for doing high-budget and stunning visuals. I am right, aren't I?

2. "The problem here is that some of you seem to think that she is only creative when she is making music and visuals like the ones she made during TF, TFM, and BTW"- True that but actually ARTPOP visuals were also very promising and some ideas she had were extremely creative. 

3. Her music has never been bad! She makes great music and if she weren't, I wouldn't have bought all of her albums, right?

4. No one is stuck (at least not me) with her first eras. I became a fan during the Born This Way era and I am not the type of person to dwell on the past. We are just comparing and that's what people do.

5. Gaga was way more creative as the beginning of her career (which was her peak spanning 3 years from 2009-2011). Back then, you never knew what she was up to. And she was always up to something unexpected, mischievous and great. I will repeat myself but with Joanne, she was like any other pop star out there, except her great vocal skills and a well-crafted album. But when it comes to ideas, ere/single/videos execution, her last albums leaves a lot to be desired.

You keep pointing out her lack of creativity but that is just not true. Perfect Illusion the music video may seem simple for example, but the creativity comes in the way the camera was shot. The way Gaga seems to be moving slow but everyone else is moving really fast. In Joanne the song, Gaga kept saying Gooaanne instead of just saying going in order to make the word going sound like Joanne. During the Superbowl she jumped from the roof of the stadium, something no one has done before. Her JWT interludes are very creative. Showing the differences between Joanne and Gaga. How about that piano that lights up with the notes she plays. Or the car crash, obviously intense video of John Wayne that perfectly fits the song. I could keep giong on but her creativity is still here.

Andrew Warhola
1 minute ago, LGMonster95 said:

Joanne was not even suppose to be Gaga at her best when it comes to visuals, i mean i thought everyone knew this already....

I did not know that but I caught on around the time the Million Reasons music video was released

giphy.gif

she's a party girl with a bad habit for drugs

Archived