• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GlitterGrease

• ALX

• Chucky

• DaEdgeOfGloryYo

I definitely agree that some of the drive is gone but thats natural, and I don't want to belabor the point but some of that must have to do with children. When someone reaches their fifties, they often realize the things that drove them in the 20s and 30s are less important and that happiness is much more personal. And Madonna has always been good at making money, but I also think she genuinely loves performing and, at this stage perhaps knowing that she can't do physical shows forever, would rather spend right now on stage than in the recording studio. But there's always time for some personal album at some point in the future! I'm confident she'll switch it up from the dance music at some point soon.

Kind of that note, is everyone excited for the gig at the Olympia next Thrusday! I think I might try to get off work early since its streaming live. One would assume that might be a little stripped down due to the venue? Perhaps acoustic Love Spent?

I agree with u on every point.

I think when it comes to Madonna, many (including myself) forget she is only human.

As annoyed as I am she yet again (seemingly official) cancelled her plans to go down

under

, one must consider the fact she's 53 and at this point itself, she must be exhausted. :(

I know I'm hard on Madonna nowadays, but when ur fav delivers the goods and the best of the goods to you for over 25 years, one can't help but expect nothing but the best from a lady that is called the queen of pop.

But yes, she is only human at the end of the day and we all don't express our passions in the same way as we may have at other times.

As much as I'm quick to say I'm losing all hope/faith in Madonna the artist, I do still have hopes that another album will come out with extraordinary lyrics and sound and correspond to her fans and bring them all together once again before she officially is done making music.

I'm waiting for her and Lourdes to compete on the charts tbh. :nails:

whiskey_mouth

I definitely agree that some of the drive is gone but thats natural, and I don't want to belabor the point but some of that must have to do with children. When someone reaches their fifties, they often realize the things that drove them in the 20s and 30s are less important and that happiness is much more personal. And Madonna has always been good at making money, but I also think she genuinely loves performing and, at this stage perhaps knowing that she can't do physical shows forever, would rather spend right now on stage than in the recording studio. But there's always time for some personal album at some point in the future! I'm confident she'll switch it up from the dance music at some point soon.

Kind of that note, is everyone excited for the gig at the Olympia next Thrusday! I think I might try to get off work early since its streaming live. One would assume that might be a little stripped down due to the venue? Perhaps acoustic Love Spent?

Since it's a much smaller venue, the stage wouldn't fit, so I have a feeling it will be a completely different show!

Viva La Daniel

Madonna is absolutely phenomenal artist. She is my favorite female singer after Gaga. I like all Madge`s albums and my favorite one is American Life,however, my the most adorable song by her is Vogue .

Check 1.35+ when her face is on the floor. ;_;

Ohyeah Kylie Minogue was in the Golden Triangle lol. The celebs arrived 1 minute before the concert started.

Interesting side-note: After dance numbers she would run to the side of the stage where 5 people would fix her face, lol.

@theFuture: WOW awesome! Where did THAT come from?

Edited by ticktock

LittleDudeNT5

I thought I'd post this since I posted it last night/when the thread was going to close. My view on MDNA so far

Okay I haven't been too big on the whole MDNA era. And by "big" I mean I wasn't involved in any of the news and newly released things. I sorta went through the album without really caring for it. But I just recently started to become a huge Madonna fan and I was more focused on her older stuff. It wasn't till now that I decided to check out the MDNA videos.

First of all is Gimme All Your Love: Personally I thought the video looked pretty amazing. I thought the whole concept and the way it looked was pretty good. I was never big on that song and still am not. I think the verses are alright - but I think the chorus blows. Madonna look GREAT in the video - I think. Now about her guests....MIA looks SO EXCITED to be there...(*sarcasm*) and Nicki looks like she has a fake smile on. I think their involvement in the song/video was uncalled for. Could have been better without them

Girl Gone Wild: I know a few of you really like the song, and it sounds pretty good. What I dislike about the song is the chorus. It isn't as good as the rest of the song. The lyrics suck and the way Madonna sings them irks me. It could have been a better song with better lyrics, I think. They're too cliche. However the music video is pretty ****ing amazing. Idk how you guys feel about the video (haven't heard much) but I think the video ****ing rocked. Madonna looks amazing. Especially in those scenes by herself (her hair is more messy and she has less makeup on). I will also admit to the fact that the hot guys touching each other was a big plus for me... overall, loved the feel and the editing and cinematography of it. It just looked GOOD. Good editing. For some reason I noticed that while watching. It was really simple but it just looked GOOD. Madonna still rocks the videos - even if her songs are lackluster.

Now, Turn Up the Radio: I know many people say this is the among the lowest points on MDNA. I gotta admit, I don't hate the song. I think it sounds pretty neat. (and we all know Madge wouldn't appreciate me using that word). But it sounds very...boring. Like, it sounds as if it doesn't go anywhere. Do you know what I mean? Its like there's no ups or downs. No excitement in the song. Just a straight line. And that's kind of how the video went. It was kinda boring without anything too exciting. I thought it had a nice concept, but could have been executed more "fun" like. Madonna looks great - as usual. But this video is probably the "worst" of the three.

and there's my reviews. if it anyone cared to read.

I agree with u on every point.

I think when it comes to Madonna, many (including myself) forget she is only human.

As annoyed as I am she yet again (seemingly official) cancelled her plans to go down

under

, one must consider the fact she's 53 and at this point itself, she must be exhausted. :(

I know I'm hard on Madonna nowadays, but when ur fav delivers the goods and the best of the goods to you for over 25 years, one can't help but expect nothing but the best from a lady that is called the queen of pop.

But yes, she is only human at the end of the day and we all don't express our passions in the same way as we may have at other times.

As much as I'm quick to say I'm losing all hope/faith in Madonna the artist, I do still have hopes that another album will come out with extraordinary lyrics and sound and correspond to her fans and bring them all together once again before she officially is done making music.

I'm waiting for her and Lourdes to compete on the charts tbh. :nails:

Madonna's still headstrong into her tour and holding up fine. What makes you think being tired is the reason she cancelled? If anything, Madonna should have shown you that she can do things as well as or better than those quite younger than her. Lack of energy certainly isn't one of her problems. Focus and drive, yes. Energy, no.

I think the opposite haha! Madonna does not lack focus, but there is a point when energy gives out.

Madonna was exhausted and not sure if she ever wanted to tour again after Blond Ambition. The MDNA tour has 50% more dates. She's 22 years older. Think that one over.

It is interesting to think about. Can u imagine how hard it must be to put on a physically grewling show like that? Sometimes, it's GOT to feel like an obligation. There are times I force myself to the gym only to find myself yawning over and over and barely having the energy to lift a weight. So I can only imagine how challenging it must be to maintain energy and motivation to keep going like in the case of Madonna.

Hell, I work as a caregiver and there are times I work nights at nursing homes on my feet and feel I can barely keep going sometimes.

Something to think about. :nacho:

Edited by justmikey