Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
news

Grammy backlash everywhere...

Gagz4Gaga

Featured Posts

Thomas P
7 minutes ago, doppelganger said:

Had Ed been nominated he’d sweep AOTY/ROTY. They’re a conservative bunch and offered a choice between (i) a kiwi millennial whose politics make America nervous (ii) two rappers (iii) a pair of Puerto-Ricans (iv) a talented biracial musician that sells nostalgia. Bruno was the least uncomfortable choice. 

I’ve never read a truer statement 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, codymonster said:

I know this is unpopular opinion, but... the popular music this year came from men. This is fact. If you look at the charts, and what was big, it was music by men. There have been MANY years where women dominated music, and this year is not one of them. I just dislike how people quickly jump on the “sexist” train cause it’s the popular thing to do now. For example, 2010 the winner of song of the year and record of the year were both different women. 

It sounds pathetic and desperate for people to say women were attacked by the sexist Grammys. It just wasn’t a great year for women, and that’s okay :laughga: no one screamed that the Grammys hated men when Adele won everything in 2012 :icega:

You know someone already said it and it was exactly the same I was gonna say.

The grammys are not suppose to be a popularity chart contest, the should give it to quality and 24k has mixed reactions from critics while the other albums in the category were acclaim by critics. The grammys are a joke and now I finally see it

What if tomorrow I see you again? Should I say that I used to love you?

Whispering
1 hour ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

dude my point was the grammys arent awarding artistic excellence. forget about the million other artists who no one knows about. they can't even give awards to deserving artists who everyone knows about lol. my point is the grammys are a farce and has been for a couple years now and i stand by that.

But they are nominating artistic excellence? 

They nominate songs that are known in their respective genres. 

Dude, your point doesn't make sense. 

Whispering
1 hour ago, doppelganger said:

Had Ed been nominated he’d sweep AOTY/ROTY. They’re a conservative bunch and offered a choice between (i) a kiwi millennial whose politics make America nervous (ii) two rappers (iii) a pair of Puerto-Ricans (iv) a talented biracial musician that sells nostalgia. Bruno was the least uncomfortable choice. 

But he's been beat out in those categories before, by a biracial guy, a gay guy and a female. Why didn't the Grammy voters go with the white straight guy those years? 

In fact, the pop solo award has gone to a female four times (including that kiwi millennial), a black guy once, and a white guy two times in the seven years it has been around.

In the last decade, the pop vocal album has gone to a female artist seven times, a biracial guy once, a gay guy once and to a white guy one time. 

The pattern here doesn't show that voters want to go with guys, or white guys, in these particular categories. 

Mirages
9 hours ago, codymonster said:

I know this is unpopular opinion, but... the popular music this year came from men. This is fact. If you look at the charts, and what was big, it was music by men. There have been MANY years where women dominated music, and this year is not one of them. I just dislike how people quickly jump on the “sexist” train cause it’s the popular thing to do now. For example, 2010 the winner of song of the year and record of the year were both different women. 

It sounds pathetic and desperate for people to say women were attacked by the sexist Grammys. It just wasn’t a great year for women, and that’s okay :laughga: no one screamed that the Grammys hated men when Adele won everything in 2012 :icega:

I agree that the most popular music this year came from men, however, the Grammys are supposed to award excellence in music, not popularity. This is my problem with them, they started awarding popular songs not the songs of best quality and creativity and also that they used the #MeToo movement for views and then say that women need to step up, there was some very good quality music from women last year, but the music wasn't really successful chartwise, so that comment was stupid af. Also 24K Magic was not the AOTY certainly not for me, I couldn't even get through that album, the title track sounds like a poor sister of Uptown Funk, Finesse is just horrible and so is the rest of the album. No one will persuade me that Despacito or Thats What I Like required more creativity than songs like MR, Praying, Drew Barrymore, Common Sense etc. The fact that The Weekend had just one nomination is truly sad as well. So I don't think the problem was that they were sexist, they were messy and stopped awarding songs that are good and opted for going with the popular choices that's the problem.

I'm the bitch that's fragile

8 hours ago, JusticeforVenus said:

Well, look the other sde: what would have happened if Lorde got 6 grammys last night and Bruno 0 awards? People would have said that the show is racist, that they only award White people (that happened last year with Adele/Beyonce). You cant PLEASE everyone...

Kinda true.

Antichrist
10 hours ago, codymonster said:

T H A N K Y O U

i've already canceled the whammys a long time ago, so idc tbh. they are just a group of people who listen to mainstream music and don't care jackshet about music compositions whatsoever. it's like if i put on a show where i invite dogs to pick their favorite album every year.

너와의 어색한 침묵이 차라리 좋아

PopThatArt

Sorry but in what way is Ed's music popular? In Canada I hear his music no where on radio, never being discussed, etc. Just saying. And Bruno Mars? Don't even get me started. Barf. 

Go see A Star is Born

21 minutes ago, PopThatArt said:

Sorry but in what way is Ed's music popular? In Canada I hear his music no where on radio, never being discussed, etc. Just saying. And Bruno Mars? Don't even get me started. Barf. 

Hes played almost every hour when Shape of you was released, and Castle on the hill..
And now Perfect is getting that same treatment. 
So id say hes pretty popular with the GP..

(Im in toronto)

15 hours ago, Derpplause said:

Grammies are a fad....tbh this should be the last Grammy's event ever imho...

60 years isnt a fad.. But they are outdated..

Archived