💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

The Weeknd won't work with H&M again

OBEY

Featured Posts

River

In a perfect world this sweater wouldn’t make any problem.. it’s just sad that a black kid can’t walk on the street with this sweater without being laughed at and hear racist jokes and slurs about them..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Doot said:

You tried.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgF5PXaAx4aJjTmCZvBGb

You mean the same way you tried to sound like a decent person?:ladyhaha:

But in your case you didn't do a great job, boo. Maybe next thread.:trollga:

Just now, Doot said:

Just stop. I’m not racist. You can call me it all you want because I didn’t find a shirt offensive. Doesn’t negate the fact I’m not racist. 

Ok, if you say you're not... :hor:
Good day and see you next thread, boo. :staymad:

Craven Moorecox

What do the phrases” big problem” and “little problem” have in common?:stalkga: 

They’re both problems:stalkga:

And what do you do to problems?:stalkga:

You fix them:stalkga:

And how do you fix problems?:stalkga:

By addressing them :stalkga:

And how do you make a problem last forever?:stalkga: 

You tell people that there is not a problem:stalkga:

ModernEcstasy

What is the big deal? I call my Nephew “little monkey” all of the time. 

People making an issue out of nothing. 

LePetitGAGABLover

The reaching. :smh:

But then again im not black so I have little say on what is racist and what is not.

LePetitGAGABLover
6 minutes ago, ModernEcstasy said:

Its because calling a black person a monkey has been historically linked to racism. I dont think that H&M had a racist intent though.

ModernEcstasy
1 minute ago, LePetitMonstr said:

Its because calling a black person a monkey has been historically linked to racism. I dont think that H&M had a racist intent though.

Ah okay. I didn’t even connect the 2 to be honest! Me being ignorant as usual :hor:

Craven Moorecox
9 minutes ago, ModernEcstasy said:

The history of the word... and what “YOU” doesn’t decide what other people do or should do.

Lion Heart

What is this bullshit apology :rip: 

It's basically "Im sorry you were offended" :rip: lmao.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Lion Heart

They're getting dragged in their recent Tweets :rip: 

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

ModernEcstasy
20 minutes ago, Craven Moorecox said:

The history of the word... and what “YOU” doesn’t decide what other people do or should do.

What? When did I dictate anybody’s decision? I’m saying that I personally don’t see the problem. Calm down!!!

JusKeepBreathin
2 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I do listen to victims of oppression all the time. Some of them do focus on the genuinely major problems affecting their people and these are the issues I want to see changed. But then there are the ones who just want to pick apart the small stuff, the "microaggressions," the stuff that doesn't make an impact in the long term. And then there are those who deliberately read too much into something innocent to interpret it as malicious. Unsurprisingly, I have very little time for these kinds of people. If I were black, I'd be focused on much bigger issues than someone touching my hair or not spelling my name right. And for the record, both those things have happened to me as a white person on multiple occasions. So, as you can see, it gets to me when such instances are referred to as "things that only happen to people of colour" in this day and age.

I never set out to be "anti-SJW," nor do I call myself that. I'm just someone who thinks for myself and uses logic, reason and evidence to work things out, not overly focusing on political affiliations. I'm passionate about the discrimination that actually matters, not the minor stuff (some of which has been misinterpreted anyway). But the likes of you always coincidentally miss the times I stand up for people of colour. I notice you weren't present on the thread the other day where I displayed my disapproval of any use of the n word, for example. I don't do this to feed my ego or feel like an intellectual, I do it because it releases my frustration over the nonsense in this world and hopefully makes some other people consider my point of view if they didn't before. And honestly, your final assertion is the way that I've always looked at SJWs. It's ironic that opposing sides always accuse each other of the same flaws.

The instances of real racism that I care so deeply about are...use of the n word, the KKK, racial segregation of blacks and whites at prom in some southern high schools (does that still go on?), employers refusing to take on a person of colour who has the same qualifications as whites, the police doing "random" stop and searches that don't seem so random, anyone on the alt right who is advocating for an ethnostate, and any number of sick f**ks out there who personally want to to track down, beat up and even kill someone just for being a person of colour.

You know, the serious stuff, the life changing stuff. In some cases, the life ending stuff. So, pardon me, if in among all this serious worrying, I get irritated when someone tries to bring up how a white person touching their hair or saying their name wrong is some kind of cardinal sin that needs to be addressed by the government. As I said before, if I were black, I'd think there were slightly more important things to see to. I've gone through some of these so called racial microaggressions as a white person and while they're annoying, I don't see them as discriminatory and whatnot. Just an unfortunate little stumbling block in life. I don't see why it automatically translates into racism when you're not white. There can be all manner of reasons why someone would discriminate against you that don't even involve skin colour.

The point wasn't to engage in a "who's more oppressed" argument, the point is that there are negative terms associated with the words "cracker" and "mayo" for white people but it doesn't mean we want to disassociate ourselves from these foods because of it. Likewise, why should black people want to to disassociate themselves from anything to do with monkeys just because there's some unfortunate name calling involved? If that's your line of logic, can black people not work in a zoo in a monkey enclosure? Most people do not hold these racist connotations. Disassociating yourself from everything that has a negative association for people like you is no way to live.

You've completely misinterpreted what I meant. Read the post above for details. In fact, read this entire post considering that you're yet another person on here accusing me of being a racist (and not even quoting me or @'ing me while doing it in the hope I won't notice) and you need to see what feelings I truly hold as opposed to the feelings you think I hold.

I just looked up H&M's website, both the UK version and international version (assuming that ".com" covers everyone) and yeah, weirdly, it only shows British money signs each time. Odd because they are indeed inclusive but I don't know if all their products go out to all countries. But international should be everyone, right? I can only research this so far, I'm afraid.

I still disgusted by this who situation, but it's so weird that H&M let it go this far.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Lord Temptation

This is one of those situations where it looks bad, but it actually isn’t. 

If a white or Asian kid wore the sweater it would not raise an eyebrow. Or if both a black AND white kid wore the same sweater it also wouldn’t be a problem.

Everything these days is all about looks. It looks bad = it means bad. When it most situations - including this one - it isn’t cruel. Just careless. Really dumb.

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived