Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
question

Are you here for the residency, and why?

theahsfan

Are you here for the residency, and why?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no

Featured Posts

theahsfan

Title.

Pros:

- New outfits

- More intimate shows and fan interactions

- More of a chance of new "residency-exclusive" music being performed (in the vein of Glitter and Grease, Princess Die etc). She could literally debut a new song whenever she feels like it, providing the stage isn't computer programmed or anything like the JWT one, which I doubt.

- If it's a "greatest hits" kinda show, then we'll probably see the return of CrazyGa. 

Cons:

- Stan Twitter will DRAG ha, saying she's over 10 years into her career 

- She may not go on a world tour for LG6

- It could get boring watching the same repeated performances for 2 years

- LG7 could be delayed or pushed back if she gets too comfortable there

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chromadica

Yeah. Sure, I feel a little sad since this makes it unlikely she'll visit Australia, but she isn't doing anything wrong. At all.

Yes:gaycat:

Because she can rest, make and release new music.

For anyone who is uneducated about the matter, she is not locked in for 2 years. :awkney:

Vegas residencies have legs for 3 weeks till a month. She can do 3 or 4 nights per week and rest. She'll only be doing 37 dates per year, which is only 10% of the year. It's like a part time job. :lolly:

The rest of the year she can be releasing and promoting new music or even touring the world. :tony:

She'll be making millions from the deal while having a fun new experience, ticking off one of her dreams. :pray:

References: Bruno Mars, Jennifer Lopez, Britney Spears :neyde:

Stop meltdowning over unnecessary matters. This is a huge deal which in fact is beneficial for her career. :reductive:

Her career is far from ending, but actually soaring into new heights:firega:

ryanripley

YES

this has the potential to be HUGE for LG6, that if she isn't using this to take a break

but even then, 30 shows a year just to take a break are too little for her

best case (and most likely imo): she's using this to be worldwide again, the residency already handles a big portion of american promo and she can use the 90% of the free time to go over seas

worst case: she just performs every few months for 2 years and posts about farming :deadbanana:

but it shapes up too easily to be pointing towards it being planned around LG6

plus i'm a lady gaga fan! hell f*cking yeah! :woot: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

theahsfan
5 minutes ago, PeachJug said:

of course i am, i support ALL of gaga's decisions

Just now, Meruk Holland said:

Yes, because she wants to and that's all that matters :awkney:

1 minute ago, Celebration said:

I'm here for everything she does:lolly: 

zUsFb2c.png

Surprised the poll so far is 6 yes 0 no.

I'm cool with it :shrug: I'm broke af, so I'll have to save up to go and see her but hey. I understand why it's appealing for her - she loves performing and gets to do it on her terms, stay in one place and make big bucks doing it.

I think people who are melting down are being a bit dramatic, but I remember when Gaga changed her twitter name to "Joanne" and people where crying that she was destroying her brand and her career was over so it's hardly surprising.

I think people have this stigma attached to the Vegas residency because of petty stan wars, but she is joining the ranks of some pretty iconic and even legendary performers. From Frank Sinatra and Elvis Presley to Celine Dion, Cher and Britney Spears today.

StarryNight
4 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

the residency already handles a big portion of american promo

how? :rip: we all saw Britney charts performance in the last 3 years

Ryusei

"stan twitter" aka messy ass pop fans who stop being a fan of someone cause of their sales can suck my big fat donkey ****. 

Musery

ryanripley
4 minutes ago, StarryNight said:

how? :rip: we all saw Britney charts performance in the last 3 years

cus of how many people will be going to see it plus she'll be just down the road to record any TV slots

plus, britney and gaga aren't on the same level so it's not really a comparison

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Yes, I'm here for it.
It's not a decision I plenty support but it's her choice. She knows what she is doing so I'm glad for her to get that opportunity. The only think I'm not comfortable with is to not being able to see her live (I'm poor af, can't go to Vegas hahahaha).
She will have time to recover and she won't be missed on the Internet. She will slay Las Vegas too. :whitney:

Archived