celeb

Nicki Minaj: It's a great time to be a white rapper in America

petty

Featured Posts

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond

The confirmation bias is astounding. Nicki takes literally one week of rap music performance in the entire year and thinks this proves that white people are taking over. Wow, if a white person did the same for blacks, they'd be called out as racist and having poor research skills. I've provided far better research than anything she provided to prove the exact opposite is the case and no one takes me seriously. Again, proof that only blacks are truly listened to and respected when it comes to talking about rap music, even when they're clearly talking out their ass. And "sensitive d**k riders?" She's got some nerve. She goes on about how a black woman can't speak her mind about anything without being called every name under the sun, yet when anyone tries to criticise her, she calls them names of the same equivalent. I'm sick and tired of being called sensitive because I've pointed out that someone's wrong. Such people seem to lack an understanding of what the word means. And Nicki isn't even using "d**k rider" in the right sense. That's a word that you give a suck-up. No one's sucking up to her. We're pointing out that she's wrong. Big difference.

Contrary to her pathetic findings, it's a really hard time to be white right now, not only in rap, but in music in general. Black artists are owning the music scene right now. Which doesn't bother me at all, but the problem is, the music is so sub-par. I really hate to see untalented people getting successful because it tells the record labels to keep on producing garbage because it's what the people want. That's why you see mumble rapping trap dominating right now and there's no room for truly great rap. Almost all the bestselling rap acts these year are black, both in singles and albums. You'll notice how a black rapper doesn't even need to have a hit to get good sales. #1 debut with 100k or more is pretty standard for them even with a single that doesn't even crack top 20. They get great reviews too, even when they're terrible, yet white artists are really struggling for acclaim right now. And when it comes to awards, they're drowning in them. But in the face of all this, we're constantly told they're not succeeding because this "struggling black artist" agenda has to be pushed constantly even though it's completely untrue at this moment in time.

And by the way, Nicki is being shady. If she were white, everyone would be calling her out for what she did. She's done this kind of thing before, most notably, when Anaconda failed to get a MTV Video of the Year nomination and she went to Twitter whining about how she got left out because she's black even though Beyonce had been nominated in that category. Remember Taylor Swift came in and tried to point out the obvious and she attempted to school her in response? She's bitter as hell, super arrogant and always wants her own way. She's been like that since she debuted, which is why I could never understand why she managed to get a fanbase. Perhaps it's because, you know, black rappers personalities get overlooked no matter how awful they are, but white rappers are picked apart for every little thing and can't win the same loyalty because they're automatically viewed as not relatable because they're white. Suffice to say that if I were black, Nicki would not represent me. There's much better, nicer black female rappers out there but for some reason, she hogs all the attention.

12 hours ago, geopang said:

Is she wrong though? I couldn't care less about her or her music, but rap music is historically an African American genre, and it comes along with a specific hip hop culture. Most rap is horrible these days, but when white men rap, they're put on a pedestal for some reason. I don't understand how Post Malone, G Eazy are at the top of this list when they bring nothing new to the table. 

She is wrong. She picked one week out of an entire year and isn't looking at the bigger picture. White rappers are really struggling right now and it's telling that she used the list of single positions as opposed to the list of albums sales because white rappers simply can't sell albums right now while black rappers still can. She goes on about how she's just posting an update about how her music industry is working but she's been incredibly selective with her research because as someone who also researches the music industry, I can tell you that she's totally warped the facts to suit her agenda. And white men are not put on a pedestal. Other than Eminem, how many white male rappers can you name who have actually had amazing success? And I'm not talking "they're a new artist with a hit single out right now," I'm talking extended success over years. Can you name any? By the way, Eminem's new album got a mixed critical reception which, although I think is accurate, is pretty bogus when you consider how many much worse rap albums got released this year yet got surprisingly positive reviews. It's like critics have got to give a good review to a black artist by law or something. There must be payola involved, I don't believe critics who have studied music for a living can believe the rubbish being spewed these days in high art. You say Post Malone and G Eazy bring nothing new to the table? Neither do Migos, Lil Yachty, Cardi B, Future, etc but they have no problem selling or getting good reviews and they're black.

ALGAYDO
2 minutes ago, LittleMonster20 said:

What is her problem?She always has/shows off such a bad attitude for absolutely nothing

She’s extremely insecure about herself, I think. I mean, why else does she have the need to constantly brag about herself (her sales, streams, referring to herself as the “queen of rap”) while simultaneously tearing down almost every female rapper that gets close to her success? Yet when she’s flopping (Pillz N Potions, The Night Is Still Young, most of her recent material, etc) she always places the blame on someone or something else. If it’s not her label’s fault, it’s the MV director’s fault, or it’s Apple’s fault, or it’s “racists” not buying her music’s fault, etc. It always has to be someone else’s fault but her own. Except when she’s successful. Then she’s the QuEeN oF rAp and she did it all ~herself~ :toofunny: It’s pretty obvious that she does this to cover up her own personal insecurities :toofunny:

Do not understand this logic whatsoever...

Also turn it around, if a white rapper like Iggy Azalea posted “it’s a great time to be a black rapper in America” there would be absolute outrage, what makes this different? 

People these days reach like f**k to make silly little things like this to be racist, sexist, homophobic, etc and it’s ridiculous. Focus on legitimate and serious issues, Onika.

www.youtube.com/jmremixes

donutellha

sis..... all because ur orgy collab "water sports " isn't charting well doesn't give u leeway to **** on more talented people's success.

Walk down the runway but don't puke, it's okay. You just had 10 donuts today. Without frosting.

geopang
1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

The confirmation bias is astounding. Nicki takes literally one week of rap music performance in the entire year and thinks this proves that white people are taking over. Wow, if a white person did the same for blacks, they'd be called out as racist and having poor research skills. I've provided far better research than anything she provided to prove the exact opposite is the case and no one takes me seriously. Again, proof that only blacks are truly listened to and respected when it comes to talking about rap music, even when they're clearly talking out their ass. And "sensitive d**k riders?" She's got some nerve. She goes on about how a black woman can't speak her mind about anything without being called every name under the sun, yet when anyone tries to criticise her, she calls them names of the same equivalent. I'm sick and tired of being called sensitive because I've pointed out that someone's wrong. Such people seem to lack an understanding of what the word means. And Nicki isn't even using "d**k rider" in the right sense. That's a word that you give a suck-up. No one's sucking up to her. We're pointing out that she's wrong. Big difference.

Contrary to her pathetic findings, it's a really hard time to be white right now, not only in rap, but in music in general. Black artists are owning the music scene right now. Which doesn't bother me at all, but the problem is, the music is so sub-par. I really hate to see untalented people getting successful because it tells the record labels to keep on producing garbage because it's what the people want. That's why you see mumble rapping trap dominating right now and there's no room for truly great rap. Almost all the bestselling rap acts these year are black, both in singles and albums. You'll notice how a black rapper doesn't even need to have a hit to get good sales. #1 debut with 100k or more is pretty standard for them even with a single that doesn't even crack top 20. They get great reviews too, even when they're terrible, yet white artists are really struggling for acclaim right now. And when it comes to awards, they're drowning in them. But in the face of all this, we're constantly told they're not succeeding because this "struggling black artist" agenda has to be pushed constantly even though it's completely untrue at this moment in time.

And by the way, Nicki is being shady. If she were white, everyone would be calling her out for what she did. She's done this kind of thing before, most notably, when Anaconda failed to get a MTV Video of the Year nomination and she went to Twitter whining about how she got left out because she's black even though Beyonce had been nominated in that category. Remember Taylor Swift came in and tried to point out the obvious and she attempted to school her in response? She's bitter as hell, super arrogant and always wants her own way. She's been like that since she debuted, which is why I could never understand why she managed to get a fanbase. Perhaps it's because, you know, black rappers personalities get overlooked no matter how awful they are, but white rappers are picked apart for every little thing and can't win the same loyalty because they're automatically viewed as not relatable because they're white. Suffice to say that if I were black, Nicki would not represent me. There's much better, nicer black female rappers out there but for some reason, she hogs all the attention.

She is wrong. She picked one week out of an entire year and isn't looking at the bigger picture. White rappers are really struggling right now and it's telling that she used the list of single positions as opposed to the list of albums sales because white rappers simply can't sell albums right now while black rappers still can. She goes on about how she's just posting an update about how her music industry is working but she's been incredibly selective with her research because as someone who also researches the music industry, I can tell you that she's totally warped the facts to suit her agenda. And white men are not put on a pedestal. Other than Eminem, how many white male rappers can you name who have actually had amazing success? And I'm not talking "they're a new artist with a hit single out right now," I'm talking extended success over years. Can you name any? By the way, Eminem's new album got a mixed critical reception which, although I think is accurate, is pretty bogus when you consider how many much worse rap albums got released this year yet got surprisingly positive reviews. It's like critics have got to give a good review to a black artist by law or something. There must be payola involved, I don't believe critics who have studied music for a living can believe the rubbish being spewed these days in high art. You say Post Malone and G Eazy bring nothing new to the table? Neither do Migos, Lil Yachty, Cardi B, Future, etc but they have no problem selling or getting good reviews and they're black.

White artists struggling? Okay... they're just making millions of dollars in this industry, but I suppose they're struggling. Let me guess, are they also oppressed in society as well?

Sounds to me that your post was more about white representation and recognition than music. 

myluis617

Imagine the outrage if a white artist said the same thing back in 2016 where black artists were dominating the charts. Like Nicki need to stop being so pressed, bitch always got something to say when things don't go her way.

FrankGutz

Didnt she always bashed Iggy for being white? lmao, so its only great if its male but not female?

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Matangi

literally this whole comment section with a few exceptions is why I have to leave ggd for a while at times. Yall mother****ers are so insanely tone-deaf when it comes to racial issues because the majority of yall have no perspective. Seriously? Acting as if she first of all is complaining, when she isn't, or has no right to comment on how hip hop is and always has been an african american art form. **** out of here. And no, @StrawberryBlond , its not "a really hard time to be white right now," not in music and not in life. I don't care if you write an essay in MLA format in response. Check yourself.

You know... it's impossible to win a fight against something you disagree with by doing exactly what it does

Yeah, racism and sexism isn't cool. But seriously, dragging white people because #1? Is this really a right you can allow yourself because you aren't white? Why not be better? Why not encourage people to unite and blur the line of color?

I never had anything against white and black people. To me, they're the same. Citizens of the world. Living together. All human beings.

So yeah, here's a white rapper who does well... Good for him. Nicki, she made so many popular songs, why can't a white man have one too? I actually think it's funny as I haven't heard this song. But, still, we all love "black" rappers and we all listen to those great vocals some pop divas serve. It wasn't needed 

But I feel so racist even cooperating with this idea, saying "black" rapper or "white" rapper, this is what starts racism. Ignore people's colors, can't you see from within?

Remember. Playing a card means you're in the game. Stop racism, both sides.

www.soundcloud.com/aphrodisio

StrawberryBlond
1 hour ago, geopang said:

White artists struggling? Okay... they're just making millions of dollars in this industry, but I suppose they're struggling. Let me guess, are they also oppressed in society as well?

Sounds to me that your post was more about white representation and recognition than music. 

Ok, apart from Taylor and Ed, name me another white artist who had a mega bestselling album this year. White women especially are in the doldrums right now. Katy, Miley, Demi, Shania, Lana, Kesha, Lorde, they all had problems selling. Katy is going through the biggest downfall of her career and Iggy's basically given up completely post-debut. Pink's underperforming despite doing amazingly with her last album. Gaga's getting back on her feet but she can't get #1's anymore, certainly not a million seller. Ariana's struggled to have a big hit of late and Meghan turned out to be a one hit wonder. In contrast, you have had many black artists doing amazingly this year and in 2016 as well, #1 singles, amazing selling albums, highly viewed and liked videos. This isn't me saying that whites deserve better than blacks, I'm just pointing out the facts with no agenda. And I didn't say anything about them being oppressed in society. Your "let me guess" was very wrong. You've only just spoken to me and know nothing about me.

It's not about white representation and recognition, I'm just putting forward the facts, I'm not agreeing or disagreeing. It's just that some people are blinkered when the facts are presented and like to see them through their own agenda. I really don't know how anyone could claim that black artists are struggling right now. All the evidence is there that they aren't and I don't have much time for people who disregard evidence. I don't care what race someone is, as long as they're making good music. And quite frankly, black rappers have been so terrible as of late that they should be glad they're getting any success at all because their 90's predecesors were a helluva lot better. The white ones aren't all that much better right now either but at least they're halfway passable.

44 minutes ago, Matangi said:

literally this whole comment section with a few exceptions is why I have to leave ggd for a while at times. Yall mother****ers are so insanely tone-deaf when it comes to racial issues because the majority of yall have no perspective. Seriously? Acting as if she first of all is complaining, when she isn't, or has no right to comment on how hip hop is and always has been an african american art form. **** out of here. And no, @StrawberryBlond , its not "a really hard time to be white right now," not in music and not in life. I don't care if you write an essay in MLA format in response. Check yourself.

We're not insanely tone deaf, we've got evidence and facts to prove that she's talking nonsense. I've been researching different perspectives for years. This has nothing to do with perspective. It's about warping the truth and being selective in fact selection. And she is complaining, she's complained about the white "take over" in rap for quite some time. She can say what she likes, but I don't have to agree with it. Read what I said above to get a better insight. I'm not writing in MLA format, this is just how I talk. No need to be so rude and act like you're better than everyone else with that "check yourself" comment.

Archived