Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Alyssa Milano Drags Matt Damon Over His Sex Misconduct Comments

Coop

Featured Posts

7 minutes ago, Rexx said:

The two situations he posed are different, and it's not because she's triggered and want some attention that they'll cease being different. :gaysia:
Ps: Is she that one hit singer that plays the piano around a city in the mv?

Alyssa is an actress :oprah: You're thinking of Vanessa Carlton :poot: 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ALGAYDO
48 minutes ago, kyanewest said:

If you touch someone's butt in a serious sexual way without the person's consent is just as bad. There is no reason why it should be a little more okay than rape. It just sounds like Damon doesn't take women seriously, that they should be slapped on their ass, called beautiful and should shut up. That they were born to look good and please men, sorry but you don't slap someone's butt and say hey it's alright it's harmless. It's not, it's inappropriate. How sad is this world we live in, where it has to take centuries for human beings to learn how to treat each other kindly with empathy 

I’m sorry, but touching someone’s ass without permission is NOT the same as being a serial rapist. Both are terrible, and should not be accepted, but they are in no way the exactly same. That’s what he’s trying to get at. 

Theres no reason why someone like Louie CK should be treated the same as someone like Harvey Weinstein. 

Just now, Coop said:

Alyssa is an actress :oprah: You're thinking of Vanessa Carlton :poot: 

Yeah, I think you're right.

They kind of look alike though.:reductive:

23 minutes ago, Rexx said:

The two situations he posed are different, and it's not because she's triggered and want some attention that they'll cease being different. :gaysia:

She is one of my favorite actresses, Played Phoebe in Charmed

MaybeKermit
55 minutes ago, Rexx said:

Lmao no she's the actress from Charmed and the host of Project Runway All Stars

Delusional Aura
53 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

I don’t disagree with that quote because she’s right about that. However, equating all sexual assault to each other is completely ridiculous. That’s what he was getting at. Someone who touches a woman’s ass without consent should not be looked at in the same light as a serial rapist. Both are terrible and part of the bigger problem as a whole, but to equate the two is just ridiculous. 

I think it should because one will eventually lead to another. It gives men the confidence of that if they can touch a woman's ass then they can do more aggressive inappropriate sexual acts towards women. What she is trying to say is that you out that tiny little fire before a scandal like Harvey occurs. Because, i'm sure Harvey started as just touching women's asses. Look at what that escalated too. So, in my opinion, both ends of the spectrum should be treated the same. Hope i made sense and again this is my opinion. You have yours. Just trying to make you understand a different POV. 

littlepotter
1 hour ago, kyanewest said:

If you touch someone's butt in a serious sexual way without the person's consent is just as bad. There is no reason why it should be a little more okay than rape. 

i really, really want to see you go up to a person who has been raped and tell them "oh i feel your pain. someone touched my butt."

chaeri pls

Alyssa is right in saying that we can't tolerate even the smallest acts of sexual harassment or assault because not only do all these acts make (mainly) women feel uncomfortable and unsafe in the workplace but it's the micro that leads to the macro. Of course Alyssa in her statement still implies there is some kind of scale of seriousness, something that she of course agrees with Matt about, and which is true of basically all crimes.

There is a difference between being pushed and being beaten with a baseball bat. Both are examples of an assault, one is clearly more serious, it is still highly inappropriate to get physical with somebody - especially in a workplace environment. If a co-worker pushed me, that's aggressive, it's setting a particular tone in the workplace, it's probably going to make me feel pretty shitty and I would be expected to act professional while he is not (I can't push back because that's escalating things, I can't punch him, I just have to deal with being pushed around and internalise my anger) - it's totally unacceptable workplace behaviour and I actually think it should be grounds for the termination of his job. If a co-worker punched me, floored me and then started wailing away on my face while I lay there unconscious, of course that's a more serious form of assault - I would expect that the company that employs us both would fire him and maybe further action should also be taken as well as steps to make sure I'm okay.

Likewise, maybe a squeeze of the butt is not as serious as rape, but it is still highly inappropriate. It's harassment, it's demeaning, it sets a particular tone in the workplace and how is the woman supposed to act? She can't slap the guy or yell in front of the whole office as that is seen as inappropriate. The butt squeezer should be fired, he is helping set a tone that normalises sexual harassment and sexual assault. No it's not as serious as rape, but it still shouldn't be tolerated. I think that's basically what Alyssa is saying.

I think people are judging Alyssa without reading Matt Damon's full statements. With only this information you would think Alyssa is attacking Matt Damon only for saying there is a different scale for sexual assault - but that's something that's inherent in Alyssa's statement too... The idea that there is a 'micro' that leads to a 'macro' implies a scale of less serious behaviours that can lead to more serious behaviours. I think Alyssa was really referring largely to Matt's statements about there being an "outrage culture" and kinda defending sexual predators like Louis CK who would use his power to masturbate in front of women with his “Wait a minute. None of us came here perfect.” quote or his quotes like:

"That’s criminal behavior, and it needs to be dealt with that way. The other stuff is just kind of shameful and gross, and I just think … I don’t know Louis C.K.. I’ve never met him. I’m a fan of his, but I don’t imagine he’s going to do those things again. You know what I mean? I imagine the price that he’s paid at this point is so beyond anything that he — I just think that we have to kind of start delineating between what these behaviors are."

Like... What Louis C.K did was not only criminal, it was pretty serious sexual harassment and should be treated as such. Matt Damon seemingly wants Louis C.K to receive a slap on the hand and a "Oh, he won't do it again! He's sorry! Look at him!! Harmless!!" while he actively drove women out of comedy because he made them feel humiliated and unsafe. He ruined the potential careers of many talented female comics, but we should show concern for his career? No acts of sexual harassment or assault should be tolerated in the workplace (or anywhere for that matter, but in the workplace it's more institutionalised).

androiduser

I also agree with both of them... he's right that these levels of abuse are not the same, and she's right that they are all abuse that make women feel threatened and often powerless

Wolf Boy
6 hours ago, kyanewest said:

It just sounds like Damon doesn't take women seriously, that they should be slapped on their ass, called beautiful and should shut up. That they were born to look good and please men, 

Put words into peoples mouth much?

Talk about leaping into dramatics. He said nothing of the sort.

11 hours ago, Wolf Boy said:

Put words into peoples mouth much?

Talk about leaping into dramatics. He said nothing of the sort.

I said "it sounds like" it's how I perceive it, never said it's what he said, so calm down

16 hours ago, hunty said:

i really, really want to see you go up to a person who has been raped and tell them "oh i feel your pain. someone touched my butt."

Its sexual assault. Of course someone who almost got murdered and someone who psychologically been abused is not the same thing, but they are all bad. You can't just compare everything in life. It's like people saying you can't be depressed cause others have it worse in life.

17 hours ago, ALGAYDO said:

I’m sorry, but touching someone’s ass without permission is NOT the same as being a serial rapist. Both are terrible, and should not be accepted, but they are in no way the exactly same. That’s what he’s trying to get at. 

Theres no reason why someone like Louie CK should be treated the same as someone like Harvey Weinstein. 

But by pointing that out it's almost like Damon is tryna say that touching someone's ass isnt that big of a deal. You don't have to agree, it's my perception of things, thank you

littlepotter
5 hours ago, kyanewest said:

Its sexual assault. Of course someone who almost got murdered and someone who psychologically been abused is not the same thing, but they are all bad. You can't just compare everything in life. It's like people saying you can't be depressed cause others have it worse in life.

they are all bad. they are not all as bad. and yes we can compare crimes that's literally the point of the justice system, otherwise judges and lawyers wouldn't be necessary and everyone would get a life sentence. i honestly do not get yall

chaeri pls

Archived