'DWAS' MUSIC VIDEO OUT NOW
Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Gaga Self Realization?

shoful

Featured Posts

Jessica Germ

Can someone please explain ARTPOP to me? Like is it beyond a reverse warholian experience? Am i missing something? :poot:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FfFfFfFF
2 minutes ago, Bradley said:

It really isn't that hard to understand when you decipher the lyrics and the main message behind each and every song. There are interviews to help.

What's slightly confusing is the imagery she selected for the album, but Gaga simply loves fashion, perhaps there isn't much to decipher behind her costumes.

ARTPOP intention was to be a reconciliation of Art with modern pop accesibility.

shoful
2 minutes ago, SWhaaaat said:

Same :ladyhaha:

4 minutes ago, Craig Barnes said:

I actually dont understand the whole ARTPOP concept/thinking, but what I do know is that the album is full of bops:poot:

Its really hard to explain but I’ll try my best without going on a rant lol. Its a movement about taking the art (whether it be music, poetry, paintings etc.)that someone creates and putting it before the people that “own” you. Its really about seeing the beauty of what the world is when money isn’t involved. Like just stripping yourself naked. Lookinga t yourself in the mirror and seeing your soul, your spirit, your Aura :poot:. Thats the more literal meaning. The more figurative meaning is that its another sphere of thinking that takes everyday things and turns them into art but then puke it back up. Iys about testing the limits of what art can do. How influential can art be? How impactful can these new results be? In a sense everything you make is art. ARTPOP is the combination of turnings ones deepest fears pains regrets etc. and making it into something magical with meaning. A movement to inspire the generations before us. A movement that births an enlightenment period. A period of innovation and prosperity in the aspect of art and world of pop. 

Hopefully I didn’t lose you. :poot:The jist is that is a theoreticla piece of work that has multidimensional meanings and ideas. It’s its own societal genre. 

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

Green Detox

ARTPOP was really about "I'm visually artistic on a whole another level along with my music". But that went all over the place because she had no SPECIFIC idea. IT COULD MEAN ANYTHING-A. but this time around she should just focus on some THINGS-A

shoful
4 minutes ago, Jessica Germ said:

Can someone please explain ARTPOP to me? Like is it beyond a reverse warholian experience? Am i missing something? :poot:

Read my previous post:poot:

9 minutes ago, Bradley said:

It really isn't that hard to understand when you decipher the lyrics and the main message behind each and every song. There are interviews to help.

What's slightly confusing is the imagery she selected for the album, but Gaga simply loves fashion, perhaps there isn't much to decipher behind her costumes.

The imagery is supposed to represent the craziness and insanity the idea of mixing ART and POP can lead to

shoful
1 minute ago, Green Detox said:

ARTPOP was really about "I'm visually artistic on a whole another level along with my music". But that went all over the place because she had no SPECIFIC idea. IT COULD MEAN ANYTHING-A. but this time around she should just focus on some THINGS-A

Exactly. ARTPOP is essentially everything in this world. I think she touched on many things in the album to try to symbolize that. Which may ahve left the critics and public confused 

FfFfFfFF
5 minutes ago, Jessica Germ said:

For instance Pop stars being modern equivalents of Greek Gods. :poot: There are some more points though.

4 minutes ago, Green Detox said:

It's not bad cause everyone can relate to it without thinking it's not about their story

xoxo Craig
6 minutes ago, shoful said:

Its really hard to explain but I’ll try my best without going on a rant lol. Its a movement about taking the art (whether it be music, poetry, paintings etc.)that someone creates and putting it before the people that “own” you. Its really about seeing the beauty of what the world is when money isn’t involved. Like just stripping yourself naked. Lookinga t yourself in the mirror and seeing your soul, your spirit, your Aura :poot:. Thats the more literal meaning. The more figurative meaning is that its another sphere of thinking that takes everyday things and turns them into art but then puke it back up. Iys about testing the limits of what art can do. How influential can art be? How impactful can these new results be? In a sense everything you make is art. ARTPOP is the combination of turnings ones deepest fears pains regrets etc. and making it into something magical with meaning. A movement to inspire the generations before us. A movement that births an enlightenment period. A period of innovation and prosperity in the aspect of art and world of pop. 

Hopefully I didn’t lose you. :poot:The jist is that is a theoreticla piece of work that has multidimensional meanings and ideas. It’s its own societal genre. 

Thank you:)

End Racism Now

bloody g

ARTPOP is like trying to explain adult problems to babies with puppets.

They will laugh at the puppets, but the meaning will not be understood.

That's what happened with the critics, the GP, and even some people in this fanbase.

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

xoxo Craig
4 minutes ago, shoful said:

Exactly. ARTPOP is essentially everything in this world. I think she touched on many things in the album to try to symbolize that. Which may ahve left the critics and public confused 

Which is why the gerneral public didnt warm to it because they got confused, correct?:selena:

End Racism Now

I didin't understand half of those words. :sweat:

Mrs. Caca's career found dead in a ditch, re-evaluation process started.

shoful
Just now, Craig Barnes said:

Which is why the gerneral public didnt warm to it because they got confused, correct?:selena:

Exactly. The subject isn’t for the simple minded. The public thinks pop music is stupid music. ARTPOP is complex and multidimensional which had them SHOOK :giveup:

crisTEAne

the point was that everything you as an individual make is art.

she was putting warhol back on the soup can, meaning that she was putting art (warhol, popart) in front of/into pop (soup can, cosnumerism), which is the reverse version of what happened to warhol himself: he was putting pop (soup can) in front of/into art (gallery). that's why gagz said that the art–pop relation is not her own idea and that they are spinning in an eternal inferno (POPART/ARTPOP).

the implication of the whole concept is really nothing new. namely, one of the foundational ideas of postmodernism: pop culture and art culture are not separate segments of society, differentiating between high art and low art is no longer a valid way of perceiving art.

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Archived