💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

music news

Grammy Submissions 2018 - ALL CATEGORIES

monsterdino

Featured Posts

zakariah
2 hours ago, monsterdino said:

I will cry if Ed wins against Gaga

I feel like that’s unlikely because he won pretty recently (2016) so if anything they might give it to either Gaga or Kendrick. 

And they tend to go with songs that have actual meaning for SOTY. 

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monsterdino
2 minutes ago, Aquarius said:

I feel like that’s unlikely because he won pretty recently (2016) so if anything they might give it to either Gaga or Kendrick. 

And they tend to go with songs that have actual meaning for SOTY. 

sis I was talking also about Pop Vocal and Pop Solo

zakariah
31 minutes ago, monsterdino said:

sis I was talking also about Pop Vocal and Pop Solo

oh :emma: 

But it still applies though for Pop Solo because he won it in 2016 too, so don't think they will give it to him again

monsterdino
1 minute ago, Aquarius said:

oh :emma: 

But it still applies though for Pop Solo because he won it in 2016 too, so don't think they will give it to him again

I don't get what winning something two years ago has to do with winning again two years after?

zakariah
Just now, monsterdino said:

I don't get what winning something two years ago has to do with winning again two years after?

the grammys seem to have some sort of pattern with some artists

Adele is obviously an exception tho

monsterdino
Just now, Aquarius said:

the grammys seem to have some sort of pattern with some artists

Adele is obviously an exception tho

idk but I hope he doesnt win...critics and the public had bashed him this year so hopefully the academy have the same opinion 

zakariah
Just now, monsterdino said:

idk but I hope he doesnt win...critics and the public had bashed him this year so hopefully the academy have the same opinion 

I think we all hope he doesnt win

retroglamx

her team went in HARD with the submissions. Nominations are released in December right? Let's hope for at lest 5 nominations.

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

doppelganger

Ok now let's get to work Haus of Gaga:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/grammys/6866869/confessions-of-a-grammy-voter-industry-heavyweights-opinions

"Taylor [Swift] made a great album. But when it comes down to actual voting, it's not just about the music. Taylor stands up for causes that matter to artists and songwriters -- and an important part of the Grammys is advocacy. When you show up at events to support what The Recording Academy does, that goes a long way with voters. It's said there's no lobbying or soliciting -- I don't want to call it 'lobbying' -- but there is a kind of 'innocent, healthy' lobbying."

"There's one part of the Grammy process that I don't think most people know about. In each category, the voters select 15 albums or songs to be nominated. Then there are committees for each genre, and those committees narrow those 15 nominees down to five. Which I think is wrong, and I'm on a committee! On top of that, the committee can actually replace two of those five records that people actually voted for with records that weren't even in the initial top 15. My committee had, like, 15 people -- producers, managers, etc. -- and everyone had their own agenda. Myself included! In my category, at least one act that wasn't in the top 15 ended up with a Grammy nomination."

monsterdino
29 minutes ago, retroglamx said:

her team went in HARD with the submissions. Nominations are released in December right? Let's hope for at lest 5 nominations.

November 28

monsterdino
14 minutes ago, changingitup said:

the fact that Britney submitted Slumber Party for SOTY... :neyde:

sis there are more tragic submissions...and her team/label most probably have sent it

Archived