💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Suicide Groups: New Lady Gaga song sets bad example

Americano

Featured Posts

Lady Palutena

I bet in heaven this is Diana's reaction to the stupidity of these "journalists"

2767357_o.gif

Adoremus in caelum, Palutena. Dea luminis.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fusel

Some people always just look on the surface. Only beause a song is about suicide doesn't mean the song tells you suicide is a good thing. It's trying to say the opposite

If some people aren't pissed at you you're doing it wrong :nacho:

It's very strange to be a Lady Gaga's fan.

You never know whether she is causing controversy intentionally or it's just people wro are thinking into her every action too much :duck:

This. I still doubt her meaning behind the meat dress or Judas sometimes. But who cares tbh :hor:

inb4 Die This Way is the next albums title. :derpga:

Hey I claimed tis title like a week ago :grr:

Gaga hooker

Really? They think she's promoting suicide? With this fan base?

I can't imagine how angry she would be if she read this

I think she will be super angry when she will read this..the line in that song I can't find her promoting suicide, I don't know it just don't make any sense... :omg:

Sorry, but I can't believe to any of the words in this article

damn this song is beautyfull <3

I have been "down there" and i can def relate to the "she just wants to sleep".

But the song just makes me eerily happy. ;)

MelbHawker

I bet in heaven this is Diana's reaction to the stupidity of these "journalists"

2767357_o.gif

2102377_o.gif

Queen Gloria

Oh shut the **** up, it's a song. Not a great one at that. And it's just barely been circulated in a low quality live version. They couldn't even wait one day to attack. Every activist group finds something to get upset over. Just shows the power she has over our generation.

Mariann

Altough there are already so many sad songs sung by other artists some people just pick the one sung by Gaga and claim that she is promoting suicide. What should we do then? Ban all the heartbreaking songs and start singing about sun shininig in the sky, birds whistling and squirrels hopping on trees? I think that people who are already depressed would find their own lives then even more miserable. We need melancholic songs and songs speaking about the downside of life like Princess Die so that everybody can see that nobody's life is always perfect. I find it more encouraging than false positivity.

Fully predictable, but come on, has anyone ever done more against suicide than Gaga? Seriously.

I'm sorry to use that word...but this is absolutely retarded :fail:

It's not like Gaga had A WHOLE ****ING ERA about loving yourself and basically about suicide-prevention. They don't even bother to mention that. No, because it's Lady Gaga and she obviously just wants to be controversial...

"We get artistic license" and all that sentence, then they negate it with "Celebrities need to acknowledge that they're role models" Uhm, she put out a whole ****ing album with that message and it was the theme of TMB and is part of the theme of TBTWB.

She gets ridiculous hate when she writes a song about positive things, she gets hate when she writes about negative things. She can't win.

and yet Gaga has spent basically half her career pandering to stopping this **** and then when she writes a beautiful song about people thrown INTO this kind of tragedy they jump on them. ****ing flops.

Well said, guys! That about sums it up. This is mind-bogglingly inane.

So basically when she sings about being 'born this way' and happy songs she gets backlash for being too simple minded yet when she creates a song that tells the truth about suicide and what fame can cause she gets even more backlash. What do people want from her? -_-

Jonathanholland

I do agree with some parts, but if the rest of the album is more light, the album won't be the 'final trigger'. Gaga is almost the only artist these days that has the guts to write a song about such a heavy topic and get the attention for it. Look at P!nk's Perfect, That video could also trigger people into cutting themselves , and maybe some did but the topic got public attention and I think that's much more important.

Before there was love, there was silence

RAMROD

People seems to forget that we were born with a thing called common sense.

It's not like we will instantly slit our throat or whateve after listening to this song.

Unnecessary drama as always. :roll:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

I think the reason this song got negative review from press is because Gaga is known for fighting against bullying and encouraging people, that's one half, and the other is that she's popular and always on the spot, so it's more chance the press would write about her instead of some other artist or singer.

But I don't agree that it's a bad example or that it can increase chance of suicide. There's a lot of sad songs. Well I'm not a psychologist, but I think people that have troubles will know that Gaga also have troubles and won't feel that they are the only ones. If she sang only happy songs those who feel bad would make feel even worse, because every song is joyful and their life is miserable... I think it's great that Gaga mixes dance songs where you just jump to the beat and touching songs, that makes you think...

MattyMonster

2767357_o.gif

Am I the only one who thinks that if Diana was still alive, she would be a Gaga fan?

Well, maybe not a fan, but I think she would be one of the people who would understand her and I think she would appriciate her. Also Diana seemed to had that wild side to her, so I think that would appeal to her as well :)

Lady Palutena

Am I the only one who thinks that if Diana was still alive, she would be a Gaga fan?

Well, maybe not a fan, but I think she would be one of the people who would understand her and I think she would appriciate her. Also Diana seemed to had that wild side to her, so I think that would appeal to her as well :)

Diana would love it I'm sure she'd be flattered by the song :flutter:

In a way Diana and GaGa are alike because by the public they are seen as attention-seeking and unstable. And the media did a lot to discredit Diana just as they do to GaGa.

They are both very ladylike in the public while being wild and crazy among friends.

Diana did charity work and helped the disenfranchised and GaGa does the same thing.

Born This Way Foundation, anyone?

Adoremus in caelum, Palutena. Dea luminis.

Archived