đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Gaga:5F2 to receive limited theatrical release

yASSsss

Featured Posts

LetsGetHigh
3 minutes ago, BadMonster said:

but she could never meet the 20 of 30 criteria she needs to be actually considered a producer by the academy if she didn't see it before TIFF

Well **** me sideways. I swear to god I can't handle another Emmy win for a project related to her where she's not properly credited.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, LetsGetHigh said:

Well **** me sideways. I swear to god I can't handle another Emmy win for a project related to her where she's not properly credited.

I was talking Oscars, I don't know about the Emmys!

PunkTheFunk

Before y'all get too excited:

E. Nominees and Award Recipients
1. The nominee(s) should be the individual(s) most involved in the key creative aspects of the 
filmmaking process. A maximum of two persons may be designated as nominees, one of 
whom must be the credited director who exercised directorial control, and the other of 
whom must have a producer or director credit.
If a producer is named, that individual must 
have performed a major portion of the producing functions, in accordance with Academy producer 
criteria. Production companies or persons with the screen credit of executive producer, co-
producer or any credit other than director or producer shall not be eligible as nominees for the 
motion picture.
2. All individuals with a “producer” or “produced by” credit on films that reach the semifinal round will 
automatically be vetted. The Documentary Branch Executive Committee will determine which 
producers, if any, are eligible to receive an Oscar. In the unlikely event of a dispute, filmmakers 
may appeal the committee’s decision.
3. No more than two statuettes will normally be given in the Documentary Feature category. On 
occasion, a third statuette may be awarded when there are three primary and essential
contributors.

Going by the Wiki page, the awards would go to Chris Moukarbel and one (or two) of the following:

Bobby Campbell

Heather Parry

Lady Gaga

:madge:

5 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

oh damn so we have literally two more weeks? hope they pull thru omg

apparently it's getting the week long four screenings a day required LA and NYC theatrical release on the 22nd

but don't expect her to win... the Whitney doc came out this year too and then there's serious docs about more important matters

Mirages
10 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

Gaga won't be credited for the Oscar cuz she didn't have much involvement in the end product? hoping she does tho. well it's more exposure nonetheless 

Shes a producer, shell be credited.

I'm the bitch that's fragile

ZiggyZiggs
7 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Before y'all get too excited:

E. Nominees and Award Recipients
1. The nominee(s) should be the individual(s) most involved in the key creative aspects of the 
filmmaking process. A maximum of two persons may be designated as nominees, one of 
whom must be the credited director who exercised directorial control, and the other of 
whom must have a producer or director credit.
If a producer is named, that individual must 
have performed a major portion of the producing functions, in accordance with Academy producer 
criteria. Production companies or persons with the screen credit of executive producer, co-
producer or any credit other than director or producer shall not be eligible as nominees for the 
motion picture.
2. All individuals with a “producer” or “produced by” credit on films that reach the semifinal round will 
automatically be vetted. The Documentary Branch Executive Committee will determine which 
producers, if any, are eligible to receive an Oscar. In the unlikely event of a dispute, filmmakers 
may appeal the committee’s decision.
3. No more than two statuettes will normally be given in the Documentary Feature category. On 
occasion, a third statuette may be awarded when there are three primary and essential
contributors.

Going by the Wiki page, the awards would go to Chris Moukarbel and one (or two) of the following:

Bobby Campbell

Heather Parry

Lady Gaga

:madge:

2 minutes ago, Mirages said:

Shes a producer, shell be credited.

ok there's no way she's getting credited. other than being the subject she had no other creative input except for telling Chris when not to film her :madge: 

yASSsss

Gaga probably won't be credited 'cuz there's tons of producers involved in this project but it'd still be huge if the doc gets nominated. :tony:

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

TheCureinMalibu
Just now, yASSsss said:

Gaga probably won't be credited 'cuz there's tons of producers involved in this project but it'd still be huge if the doc gets nominated. :tony:

Noooooo

yASSsss

The rules are so complicated. I hope Netflix knows what they're doing :sweat::sweat: :sweat: 

DJYXcDGXgAA9rp3.jpg

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

1 minute ago, yASSsss said:

The rules are so complicated. I hope Netflix knows what they're doing :sweat::sweat: :sweat: 

DJYXcDGXgAA9rp3.jpg

It IS confusing. So this makes me wonder if they need to show it once in a theater like TOMORROW and then air it via Netflix. Hmmm. I'm sure they've gone over the rules with a magnifying glass by now.  

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

Mirages
28 minutes ago, That J said:

It IS confusing. So this makes me wonder if they need to show it once in a theater like TOMORROW and then air it via Netflix. Hmmm. I'm sure they've gone over the rules with a magnifying glass by now.  

Doesnt the premier at TIFF count as a theatrical release?

Mirages
39 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

ok there's no way she's getting credited. other than being the subject she had no other creative input except for telling Chris when not to film her :madge: 

and what was Bobbys imput? :toofunny: 

Archived