đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Today's JWT Show will be postponed

merlot

Featured Posts

I feel bad for Gaga but cancelling a show this close to the time it was meant to start is quite unprofessional. I admire her for wanting to give it a go but she needs to learn to say earlier as this adds to the disappointment.

Also, whilst I agree it would be nice to pay travel fees etc, it's not practical and the amount of time it would take to sift through legit claims would be ridiculous. I feel like these guys with a rescheduled show should get something special that you can't really put a price on like an extended once in a life version of the show. Make it worth their time, money and disappointment by giving them something they didn't expect.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Katie14
1 minute ago, pink sushi said:

And it also opens up the door to fraud. How can she validate that everyone's travel expenses are legit? It would be SO much work. There would surely be people trying to cash in and claim they spent a ton of money on hotels, flights, and gas when they didn't. She would have to have a team of people checking all kinds of receipts to ensure that people's claims are authentic.

And then there's people who traveled from far away, but the concert was not the only reason for their travels. Maybe they were visiting friends/family or had something else to do in Montreal during that time and the concert was just an add on. They would have paid for travel expenses regardless of the concert and would now get compensation from Gaga even though she wasn't the reason for their expenses. :smh: 

There is just absolutely no way for her to do this without having it be a complete mess and cost her millions of dollars. :rip: 

You're definitely right. I wasn't thinking about all this.

I knew it this would happen due to the rain night in NYC. She really pushed herself in Boston but her voice did not do its job well last two nights. Hope the fans understand and Gaga recover soon.

12 minutes ago, Benji said:

I feel bad for Gaga but cancelling a show this close to the time it was meant to start is quite unprofessional. I admire her for wanting to give it a go but she needs to learn to say earlier as this adds to the disappointment.

Also, whilst I agree it would be nice to pay travel fees etc, it's not practical and the amount of time it would take to sift through legit claims would be ridiculous. I feel like these guys with a rescheduled show should get something special that you can't really put a price on like an extended once in a life version of the show. Make it worth their time, money and disappointment by giving them something they didn't expect.

She tried to get better and nurse her voice all day but apparently her doctor advised her not to perform. I guess it would be better in the future to just cancel right away, but I can see Gaga doing everything in her power to not have to do that.

1 minute ago, modern ecstasy said:

She tried to get better and nurse her voice all day but apparently her doctor advised her not to perform. I guess it would be better in the future to just cancel right away, but I can see Gaga doing everything in her power to not have to do that.

I understand but you have to be black and white about this. You say "f*ck it, the show must go on" and give it all you have left or make the call as early as possible to stop any more disappointment. It's what entertainers have to do, hell, it's what we all have to do in our jobs.

Just now, Benji said:

I understand but you have to be black and white about this. You say "f*ck it, the show must go on" and give it all you have left or make the call as early as possible to stop any more disappointment. It's what entertainers have to do, hell, it's what we all have to do in our jobs.

Yeah like I said in the future it would be best to just cancel asap.

Modern Ecstasy2
27 minutes ago, Benji said:

Agreed. During the artRave, she postponed the Seattle and Vancouver shows something like 1.5-2 hrs before the doors opened for the Seattle show. Needless to say, fans were pissed. I think it was a similar situation where she was fighting to make it work and was decided at the last minute it wasn't going to happen, it is better for the fans to know sooner.

“Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink”

Katie14
4 minutes ago, unicornborn said:

Agreed. During the artRave, she postponed the Seattle and Vancouver shows something like 1.5-2 hrs before the doors opened for the Seattle show. Needless to say, fans were pissed. I think it was a similar situation where she was fighting to make it work and was decided at the last minute it wasn't going to happen, it is better for the fans to know sooner.

I remember back in 2009 she cancelled a show in Chicago I think, after the opening act performed. Like, you cant get later than that. 

2 hours ago, lego said:

Oh no

she's sick and probably reading threads about her rumored death on GGD. :saladga:

Get well soon Stef <3

omg where u've been!!!??? Missed u girl

OT: For Gaga to cancel a show, she must not be able to get out of bed

pink sushi

I'm glad she cleared up the reason for cancelling so close to showtime, but honestly decisions like this need to be made the morning of the show. She shouldn't just not say anything and then out of nowhere cancel the show like an hour before doors open.... 

And she seemed perfectly fine earlier, wishing Beyoncé a happy birthday. :rip: "Happy birthday to my friend Beyoncé!! Btw I'm sick, show is cancelled tonight. Xoxo" :air: 

giskardsb

I'm sure she waited till the last minute hoping it would clear up enough to perform.  Postponing an event like this is hugely expensive and not to be done unless absolutely necessary.

Modern Ecstasy2
6 minutes ago, Katie14 said:

I remember back in 2009 she cancelled a show in Chicago I think, after the opening act performed. Like, you cant get later than that. 

Yikes. :awkney:

“Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink”

Robo Ga

Just got back from outside her hotel - fans are crying and even kids are there crying :( some are dancing and partying though. A few are fighting over pics that might be signed? I think they sent decoy vehicle out and everyone thought she was in it... is anyone else out there?

🤖⚡️

Archived