Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Taylor Swift is scamming her fanbase

Petrichor

Featured Posts

GagaMyBlood95

lol this is not 'scamming' , it's just a great way of earning money

Why would it be a scam when she is not forcing anyone to do it? Her fans are willingly doing it and they know all the details about this 'deal' so yeah.. Not a scam. But is it fair? Well that's a completely different thing.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Petrichor said:

A partnership between Taylor Swift and Ticketmaster is drawing scrutiny for forcing fans to spend money on merch and albums to get a shot at buying tickets. 

A post on Jezebel first pointed out the complex arrangement. The partnership builds on a longstanding practice of bundling albums with tickets to boost album sales. This time, it's not just agreeing to buy an album with the purchase of a floor ticket. Fans instead are prompted to pre-order Reputation, shop Reputation merch (including the already infamous gold snake ring), and buy Reputation about a dozen more times from the Taylor Swift store, Walmart, Target, and iTunes to unlock access to tickets.

And then return on a daily basis to complete other tasks in hopes of staying near the front of the line.

The more things you buy, the better your chance of scoring a ticket. You can also boost your chances with the free moves of watching the lyrics video for "Look What You Made Me Do," registering for the Taylor Swift mailing list, and referring friends to the program, but those accomplishments don't earn you as much "boost" as buying a sweatshirt. 

A progress bar keeps track of how close you are to unlocking tickets, but there are no exact points to measure how far you have left to go. Your progress can slow down, too, depending on how many people try out the months-long program, Ticketmaster says in the fine print. 

Read more: http://mashable.com/2017/08/25/taylor-swift-ticketmaster-reputation/#GMc_x_WYjSqb

me as soon as i read the words taylor, scamming, fanbase

giphy.gif 

eLK6e.gif

"The world moves on, another day, another drama, drama"

u call that scamming????

ahh some people just love the drama ....

RAMROD

This is good idea to boost business tho as sales get weaker each day. And then only fans that can buy and attend her shows, none of those scalpers.

I hope more people doing this.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

I don't know where is the hate coming from. Yes she is petty, a mess and loves drama and an attention seeker who lives for controversies. But that's her 'BRAND' tho. You can't blame her for that. :trollga: 

No negativity in this site please. :ladyhaha:

drinkmytears
10 hours ago, SiliconeMonster said:

Gaga did a KINDA similar thing with the presale codes so technically if you bought merch you had a better chance of buying JWT tickets. While it is a money grab scheme it's all good marketing. Don't get me wrong, I live for the drama with the snake but I wouldn't say it's completely a scam lol. Let's hope they actually up getting tickets after doing all of this lol

10 hours ago, Chrastapher said:

Gaga scammed me :poot: I bought something from her online store just to get the code for pre-sale tickets, but when I put in my code they were all sold out  :selena:

Actually for Gaga you didn't have to buy anything to get a presale code. There was also a site you could just put you email into and they would send you a code. 

skaxboy

This isn't that bad of an idea. Years ago artists had "fan clubs" where you'd pay for membership and get dinky merch and a chance to buy better tickets. This is kinda similar but more merch oriented. 

It would be really cool if those who reach their "goals" get a special prize at the show (maybe meet and greets lol) 

I have always wanted a loyalty system when ordering tickets. Like if I have boughten Gaga tickets for the past 4 tours, it'd be nice to automatically get pick at upcoming tickets.

La Rosalia

ugh, such a scammer. Next thing you know she will charge the fans thousands of dollars for a group picture and a 15 second conversation.

oh, wait...

Yuuri
27 minutes ago, skaxboy said:

This isn't that bad of an idea. Years ago artists had "fan clubs" where you'd pay for membership and get dinky merch and a chance to buy better tickets. This is kinda similar but more merch oriented. 

It would be really cool if those who reach their "goals" get a special prize at the show (maybe meet and greets lol) 

I have always wanted a loyalty system when ordering tickets. Like if I have boughten Gaga tickets for the past 4 tours, it'd be nice to automatically get pick at upcoming tickets.

I think that'll be a great idea, because everyone would rather spend a few hundred dollars than over a thousand for a M&G.

13 minutes ago, _Scheisse said:

ugh, such a scammer. Next thing you know she will charge the fans thousands of dollars for a group picture and a 15 second conversation.

oh, wait...

well......... from a lot story's from the JWT backstage experience said they were able to talk to her easily and it wasn't like some peopel (like you) seems to make it look 

SlaeUrAnus

Sensationalism.

This is, in my opinion, a good marketing idea. Ticket touts are not going to buy merchandise or albums just to sell on tickets, and let's be honest, Taylor is in very high demand regarding concert tickets.

So what, buying an album worth $12 or something boosts your chances of seeing an artist you adore, love and idolise. Better than being left disheartened because some ticket tour is selling them for prices you cannot afford.

In my messy era.

Archived