💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Taylor Swift is scamming her fanbase

Petrichor

Featured Posts

Petrichor

A partnership between Taylor Swift and Ticketmaster is drawing scrutiny for forcing fans to spend money on merch and albums to get a shot at buying tickets. 

A post on Jezebel first pointed out the complex arrangement. The partnership builds on a longstanding practice of bundling albums with tickets to boost album sales. This time, it's not just agreeing to buy an album with the purchase of a floor ticket. Fans instead are prompted to pre-order Reputation, shop Reputation merch (including the already infamous gold snake ring), and buy Reputation about a dozen more times from the Taylor Swift store, Walmart, Target, and iTunes to unlock access to tickets.

And then return on a daily basis to complete other tasks in hopes of staying near the front of the line.

The more things you buy, the better your chance of scoring a ticket. You can also boost your chances with the free moves of watching the lyrics video for "Look What You Made Me Do," registering for the Taylor Swift mailing list, and referring friends to the program, but those accomplishments don't earn you as much "boost" as buying a sweatshirt. 

A progress bar keeps track of how close you are to unlocking tickets, but there are no exact points to measure how far you have left to go. Your progress can slow down, too, depending on how many people try out the months-long program, Ticketmaster says in the fine print. 

Read more: http://mashable.com/2017/08/25/taylor-swift-ticketmaster-reputation/#GMc_x_WYjSqb

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ToxicHot

giphy.webp

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

gagaisitalian

No I can confirm that the article is so dramatic and false.

Yes, your position in the queue line moves up when you complete activities, but my position went from the very lowest point to the very highest point with just one preorder of Reputation.

To say that she is scamming fans is ridiculous and sensationalizing what is really happening. They want to make sure fans get the best tickets, not scalpers. And well, are scalpers going to buy the album or buy Taylor merch? No. Fans would already be buying this stuff, and now they can buy it and rest easy knowing ticket buying won't be such a nightmare.

SHOOKGA

Ugh Taylordaily is here

:selena::selena::selena::selena::selena:

I could care less honestly

I was warning everyone since 2014 and now yall realize:madge::madge::madge:

Not very born this way of you đŸ˜«

gagagoogoose
3 minutes ago, TROLLGA said:

inb4 taylor closes this thread on a secret account :poot:

139035_original.gif

heda97

This is why I immensely dislike this woman 

Spoiler

Now excuse me as I go sign up :bon:

Im ĂĄ Katycat on Fridays #tgif

2 minutes ago, LDR said:

No I can confirm that the article is so dramatic and false.

Yes, your position in the queue line moves up when you complete activities, but my position went from the very lowest point to the very highest point with just one preorder of Reputation.

To say that she is scamming fans is ridiculous and sensationalizing what is really happening. They want to make sure fans get the best tickets, not scalpers. And well, are scalpers going to buy the album or buy Taylor merch? No. Fans would already be buying this stuff, and now they can buy it and rest easy knowing ticket buying won't be such a nightmare.

This is actually such a good idea. It would certainly make buying tickets to see a fave way easier.

gagaisitalian
Just now, uo111 said:

This is actually such a good idea. It would certainly make buying tickets to see a fave way easier.

Exactly! Bottom line is that she isn't forcing anyone to do anything. She is saying to her fans "look, do the stuff you would be doing anyways, and you won't have to do deal with scalpers."

And yes it's also an amazing marketing tactic. She is ensuring some decent album sales with this system. It's a win-win. Fans get to see their fave do well and fans also get a easy ticket buying experience.

Tomiel25

Taylor caring about the Bling not the music.

0bOmzio.gif

i can't speak english but i can if you like

Archived