Gaga/Def Jam/Autotune question

DrKindnessKunt1999

Featured Posts

Ricardo
37 minutes ago, Irrelevant said:

http://ladygaga.wikia.com/wiki/Island_Def_Jam

She never did any songs with Def Jam? :oprah:

it's unclear but

"I used to wait outside his office for hours, hoping he'd take meetings with me about my songs..."

She was working with Rob by the time so definitely she had songs done, maybe some received the auto tune treatment for the label, honestly who the **** knows :laughga:

Gracious Gaga
2 hours ago, MannyMonroe18 said:

I know that "Paper Gangsta" is about Def Jam wanting to autotune the **** out of Gaga's voice and then dropping her because she didn't want to sound like Siri, but does anyone know what songs they tried to fully autotune, besides this version of "Sometimes"?: 

Here's my opinion- I think this demo of sometimes is one that gaga recorded herself on her laptop and she used Logic Flex Pitch.  I do not think any producer or record label would create a demo sounding this bad lol I think this was a project gaga created herself.

♥ Kindness Police.

Ricardo
2 minutes ago, Gracious Gaga said:

Here's my opinion- I think this demo of sometimes is one that gaga recorded herself on her laptop and she used Logic Flex Pitch.  I do not think any producer or record label would create a demo sounding this bad lol I think this was a project gaga created herself.

oh really? :usrs:

Irrelevant
2 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

it's unclear but

"I used to wait outside his office for hours, hoping he'd take meetings with me about my songs..."

She was working with Rob by the time so definitely she had songs done, maybe some received the auto tune treatment for the label, honestly who the **** knows :laughga:

:gum:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Gracious Gaga
5 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

oh really? :usrs:

Yeah.  Comparing the britney telephone demo vocals to the sometimes vocal demos - Britney's, being heavily auto tuned, is at least all in tune- gaga's sounds a bit all over the place and like it was just a rough concept she created to perhaps present to a producer.  Like it said, thats just my guess . 

♥ Kindness Police.

43 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

So if she ended up not autotuning the album why is half of it autotuned

She was forced to autotune her Music on every album (before c2c)

JustaMonster
1 hour ago, Gracious Gaga said:

Yeah lots of the notes are off pitch.. and it kills it :sweat:

Hands up to the sky, I'm about to fly!

Mirages
32 minutes ago, komr said:

She was forced to autotune her Music on every album (before c2c)

She said in an interview they autotuned some of the parts of songs with RedOne to get that cool electronic sound for example in Just Dance.

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Gracious Gaga
3 hours ago, JustaMonster said:

Yeah lots of the notes are off pitch.. and it kills it :sweat:

I know!!!!! It's a cute song but I wish whoever it was that manipulated the vocal pitch knew a bit more what they were doing :selena: lololol but it seems to me like it was just a concept demo she wanted to quickly throw together.

♥ Kindness Police.

Gracious Gaga

Using flex pitch or melodyne can be an extremely tedious process and it sounds like whoever made this just wanted to throw something together quickly hahah.  The vocals sound like they were recorded via laptop built in mic

aside from this demo in particular, using Melodyne is industry standard.  Every recording artist uses it .  If you want your track to be perfect, you use melodyne!  It is not the same thing as Autotune, but it is a pitch correcting program to provide recording artists a solid vocal production! Nothing wrong with that:)

♥ Kindness Police.

FentyGa
6 hours ago, Irrelevant said:

Eh Eh suddenly is a masterpiece :emma:

DCfeKzvUIAAr2tI.jpg
Eh, Eh is the 3rd best song from The Fame, wyd
also her 3rd best video (after 1st Judas and 2nd G.U.Y)

Irrelevant
8 minutes ago, maxblac said:

also her 3rd best video (after 1st Judas and 2nd G.U.Y)

lol

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Archived