💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

In Defense of the Lady Gaga-s of the world

Neight Shayde

Featured Posts

Neight Shayde

In Defense Of The Lady Gaga’s Of The World, Why Clap Back At An Ally? - Vibe.com

"...The 31-year-old’s question merited several responses. Some assumed the Joanne artist was taking shine away from the true issue at hand, while others believed the singer-songwriter’s intentions were in the right place.

And let me be clear, I get it. It’s a lot to ask an oppressed people to educate others on what they need to do to help. Gaga has access to Wi-Fi and knows how to Google, so yes, I understand why this question rubbed some the wrong way and was deemed as a lazy request and attention grabbing.

But beloveds, how is Gaga supposed to know if she is not told by those living and breathing the very oppression she wants to help dismantle?

The black community is not a monolith; we are nuanced AF. There are still so many things we must un-learn that have been passed down from previous generations and then learn for our own present-day survival. All our black experiences are also not the same. African-Americans with roots in the South may have a different narrative than West Indian/African-Americans like myself or first-generation Africans who immigrate here or Afro-Latinos, which, if we’re being honest is still a concept many black Americans struggle with accepting. So if Gaga wants to ask how she can help such a colorful and vast group, how I choose to interpret her question is, she knows she doesn’t know, so she’s asking those who do know. Why is that an issue?"

"Gaga isn’t Tomi Lahren. Gaga isn’t David Duke and Gaga doesn’t hold a seat inside the Trump administration. She is and can be a valuable ally and if she with all her power, influence and fame is asking humbly for instruction, which will better help with our upliftment, again, what is the problem? There are so many times many of us in the black community say we need to have dialogue and real conversation with those wanting to march alongside us, yet when Gaga or any non-black person initiates conversation this is our response? We allege to not be heard, well Gaga hears us and is inquiring and some of us balk at her?"

read the full article here: https://www.vibe.com/2017/08/lady-gaga-charlottesville-tweet-backlash/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=timeline

Lextyr97
1 minute ago, BrothaGaga said:

In Defense Of The Lady Gaga’s Of The World, Why Clap Back At An Ally? - Vibe.com

"Gaga isn’t Tomi Lahren. Gaga isn’t David Duke and Gaga doesn’t hold a seat inside the Trump administration. She is and can be a valuable ally and if she with all her power, influence and fame is asking humbly for instruction, which will better help with our upliftment, again, what is the problem? There are so many times many of us in the black community say we need to have dialogue and real conversation with those wanting to march alongside us, yet when Gaga or any non-black person initiates conversation this is our response? We allege to not be heard, well Gaga hears us and is inquiring and some of us balk at her?"

read the full article here: https://www.vibe.com/2017/08/lady-gaga-charlottesville-tweet-backlash/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=timeline

THANK YOUUUUUU

gagagoogoose
4 minutes ago, BrothaGaga said:

tenor.gif

I agree with this 100%. Don't ridicule an ally. Make them understand.

Ziggy

Thanks for not being a scabbed a*****e, author. Yeah she can look stuff up but if you want someone who doesn't know something or where to start to begin knowing something to look something up themselves they'll wind up with faulty info. The Internet is a vast place of b******t. Her intentions were good as always, she wants to help and people need to stop lashing out at in every direction like pricks.

What really rubs me the wrong way is people going, "she's asking for attention!" She's Lady ****ing Gaga. Where exactly is she supposed to go to have a genuine conversation with someone where it *won't* get attention? I'd love to know of this tranquil grotto that I imagine is somewhere deep in the reaches of another earth.

Regardless of your sex, gender, race, nationality, belief system, or socio-economic status, you can still be a prick.

JohnnyVersace

She has such a huge voice, as many celebrities do. Shitting on her, and putting her down when she's legit trying to help is just stupid. 

This is such a tea in every way. I am massively proud of Gaga for PERSISTING even in the face criticism. She is willing to sacrifice herself for the greater good, and that's one of the attributes of her I love the most.

"If you have revolutionary potential, you have a moral obligation to make the world a better place." -Lady Gaga 

The disrespect of even comparing GAGA to Tomi or David Duke..... 

but yasssssss!

Babel

I didn't know she was dragged for even asking how she can help. Some people really make an effort to look stupid af. :madge:

Very nuanced and thoughtful response.

As a very active participant in protests, I am tired of Twitter. It is an echo chamber with little room for critical thought, and it can be toxic. It is useful and definitely a tool, but some people need to take a step back.

3 points in and ready for more

Archived