💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

[TDB]: JWT is Gaga's greatest role yet.

Talent

Featured Posts

Talent

Ira Madison is one of my favorite writers. I'm so happy he reviewed this tour. 

Lady Gaga’s Super Gay World Tour Is the Extravagant, Emotional Spectacle We’ve Waited For

The mega-talented pop singer’s Joanne World Tour kicked off with love for her LGBTQ fans and proof she is still at the top of her game.

Six months earlier at the Super Bowl, Lady Gaga had something to prove. Blame the theatre kid in her, but Gaga has always felt like pop's younger sibling, causing a commotion in order to be taken seriously. Early comparisons to Madonna and Christina Aguilera didn't help matters, and even in her collaborations with Beyoncé ("Telephone," "Video Phone") it was impossible to outshine a woman who seemed like the biggest star on the planet. Following two critically divisive albums, ARTPOP and Joanne, Gaga relied on her athletic showmanship to prove to America that she had earned her position in America's pop pantheon. As Doreen St. Félix wrote for MTV News at the time: "She was excellent, no doubt, making every mark and grabbing every note. She's proved her athleticism. We know she can command the attention of an entire stadium audience. But can she bask in it?"

Enter the Joanne World Tour.

Gaga does nothing but bask during her two-hour tour de force, as I witnessed Wednesday night at The Forum in Los Angeles. Gaga subtly addressed criticisms lobbied against her for her muted politics during the Super Bowl as she frequently addressed her LGBTQ audience members and pointed out that the Super Bowl, to her, wasn't a celebration of herself, but a celebration of the queer community. And granted, there's nothing quite like "Born This Way" being performed on a national stage days after the inauguration of Donald Trump, who has since gone on to display anti-LGBTQ rhetoric, alongside his Vice President Mike Pence with an equally intolerant track record.

But subtlety is not the name of the game when it comes to the Joanne World Tour. The extravagant set, bright and ostentatious costumes, and Gaga's let-it-all-hang-out attitude find the pop star at an ease I've never seen her at before. Even in restrictive costumes like her traditional white "Bad Romance" suit or the Bram Stoker fantasy of her blood red dress for "Bloody Mary," Gaga never once seems like she has lost control. She's a natural-born performer and this tour has been her greatest role yet.

[...]

Her acumen doesn't just extend to the visual language she employs or her vibrant dance numbers, but also to her musical talent and grandiose voice. Gaga sings live throughout the entire show and she uses her instrument wisely, juxtaposing grunge rock numbers like "Bloody Mary" with more emotional moments like a stripped-down rendition of "Edge of Glory." As if she's possessed by Elton John of decades past, Gaga is at her best when she's tickling the ivories, playfully interacting with the audience, or standing atop the piano and belting out rock hits like "Million Reasons."

Full article: http://www.thedailybeast.com/lady-gagas-super-gay-world-tour-is-the-extravagant-emotional-spectacle-weve-waited-for?via=twitter_page

🔵 - Banned because I quoted a stupid meme. Literally. So, yeah.

dannydevito

its all good but was the "super gay" part necessary? :awkney:

the straight demographic daily beast sis

Teal Ambition

Wow this is truly an amazing review :golfclap:

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

Future Lover
10 minutes ago, Talent said:
Early comparisons to Madonna and Christina Aguilera didn't help matters, and even in her collaborations with Beyoncé ("Telephone," "Video Phone") it was impossible to outshine a woman who seemed like the biggest star on the planet.

Gaga was the biggest star on the planet at that time :awkney:

Talent
Just now, malazam said:

"super gay"

oh ok

3 minutes ago, dannydevito said:

"Gay" isn't an insult AND he used that word to talk about the criticism surrounding the SB and how theatrical it's the show. That's it. 

I didn't see anything bad. :awkney:

dannydevito
2 minutes ago, Talent said:

"Gay" isn't an insult AND he used that word to talk about the criticism surrounding the SB and how theatrical it's the show. That's it. 

I didn't see anything bad. :awkney:

i know it but idk i feel like the gp will prejudge :wtfga: and i know its not an insult but you know them

Talent
Just now, dannydevito said:

i know it but idk i feel like the gp will prejudge :wtfga:

They know Gaga is gay af tho. Since like 2009. 

gagagoogoose

"Super gay"? JWT is like her straightest concert ever. I mean look at that:

giphy.gif

It almost turns me straight, and that's saying something.

28 minutes ago, dannydevito said:

I agree. It annoyed me too. 

Talent
4 minutes ago, gagagoogoose said:

giphy.gif

Are you that gay? :oprah:

5 minutes ago, gagagoogoose said:

giphy.gif

Straights tend to flaunt their sexuality in less flashy ways 🤷🏼‍♀️Not to mention the male dancers shaking their asses :air: 

DeanWinchester
7 minutes ago, gagagoogoose said:

giphy.gif

Ahhh **** yes a higher quality gif finally

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Archived