💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Has Gaga became lil outdated?

Nono

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

people calling gaga basic need to open their eyes :ladyhaha: 

joanne completely stands out from every other pop girl's release in 2016 and 17, all because she's not constantly pushing the boundaries doesn't automatically make her basic :ladyhaha: 

a musical artist who sticks to their guns and artistry no matter is far from basic :whitney: The Cure proved she's still capable of getting a hit if she really wants to so she's comfortable and talented enough to do anything she wants unlike other major artists 

We all understand that the Joanne era is supposed to be her minimalist era. It doesn't take rocket science to get that. But there is a way to properly execute minimalism and still be forward thinking. How is using a rehashed Apple commercial for your music video something to applaud? How is releasing only 2 singles and 3 mvs from your album "sticking to your guns and artistry no matter what"? Had that been the case she'd of at least released another single from the album and another mv because that would be sticking to her guns..no matter how the songs or mvs would perform commercially speaking..but instead we got ANOTHER pop era that was cut short. 5 pop music videos in 6 years. None of her contemporaries have done this apart for Adele (who was NEVER about visuals). let that sink in.

Also how was The Cure a hit? It had the POTENTIAL of becoming a solidified hit but the only market where it really could be considered a "hit" was Australia and sort of the UK. TC actually proved the reverse of what you just said. It proved that even if Gaga releases a "generic" sounding pop hit radios are reluctant to play her. The song had a terribly small radio audience. It also showed that even if she were to release music that sounds relevant to the youth that they would not stream it as much as it should of been. A song like TC with the Spotify exposure it got should of been able to cross the 200M spotify streams mark by now but instead it is struggling to get 500k daily streams. But that's beyond the point as most ppl here are agreeing that the music is still great. 

Point is people who make posts like mine (which seemed to have bothered you) aren't the one's who should open their eyes. Our eyes have been open for a while now. It's apologists who should. Making a few critics about how dated Gaga's approach to her art (especially in terms of visuals and promo) is not wrong. Especially when done respectfully. Understanding that not everyone in the world will have the same opinion as yours is also important. Growing thicker skin is good as well. Understanding that art is made to be appreciated but also criticized & analyzed is also an asset. 

Spoiler

P.S: This isn't targeting you specifically. This is more so a blanket statement on a lot of posts i've seen on this site for a while now. 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

seriously.

get a life. and im not trying to be mad.

i wish i had these problems the oo mentioned 

Lextyr97
1 hour ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

I can't believe we are calling her basic in the same year this girl was hanging from a stadium roof or singing with hundreds of drones just because of a lipstick:selena:

I always say it... This is the most dramatic website on this planet. 

Neight Shayde
1 minute ago, TylerBR97 said:

It really is. goddamn.

Neight Shayde
4 minutes ago, Albertodift said:

But there is a way to properly execute minimalism and still be forward thinking.

Did she want to become forward thinking or was it just you who expected her to always be like that?

2 minutes ago, BrothaGaga said:

Did she want to become forward thinking or was it just you who expected her to always be like that?

Maybe "forward thinking" is the wrong phrase? Point is I made my points. It's up to you if you choose to only pick that one phrase and ignore the rest.

Neight Shayde
1 minute ago, Albertodift said:

Maybe "forward thinking" is the wrong phrase? Point is I made my points. It's up to you if you choose to only pick that one phrase and ignore the rest.

nope. didn't ignore the rest.

Fernster7

I prefer these basic looks where she looks beautiful than those in the past that were ugly as hell.:lolly:

I agree about Joanne MV and promotion tho. It should have been a longer era, the music slayed so hard for the treatment it got.

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

26 minutes ago, TylerBR97 said:

I think they mean fashon wise and her MV?? ..

RochestrMonstr

No she has not become dated.

I'm not going to try to change anyone's opinion though. This is probably one of those threads where people on both sides already have their mind made up anyway. 

ryanripley
42 minutes ago, Albertodift said:

We all understand that the Joanne era is supposed to be her minimalist era. It doesn't take rocket science to get that. But there is a way to properly execute minimalism and still be forward thinking. How is using a rehashed Apple commercial for your music video something to applaud? How is releasing only 2 singles and 3 mvs from your album "sticking to your guns and artistry no matter what"? Had that been the case she'd of at least released another single from the album and another mv because that would be sticking to her guns..no matter how the songs or mvs would perform commercially speaking..but instead we got ANOTHER pop era that was cut short. 5 pop music videos in 6 years. None of her contemporaries have done this apart for Adele (who was NEVER about visuals). let that sink in.

Also how was The Cure a hit? It had the POTENTIAL of becoming a solidified hit but the only market where it really could be considered a "hit" was Australia and sort of the UK. TC actually proved the reverse of what you just said. It proved that even if Gaga releases a "generic" sounding pop hit radios are reluctant to play her. The song had a terribly small radio audience. It also showed that even if she were to release music that sounds relevant to the youth that they would not stream it as much as it should of been. A song like TC with the Spotify exposure it got should of been able to cross the 200M spotify streams mark by now but instead it is struggling to get 500k daily streams. But that's beyond the point as most ppl here are agreeing that the music is still great. 

Point is people who make posts like mine (which seemed to have bothered you) aren't the one's who should open their eyes. Our eyes have been open for a while now. It's apologists who should. Making a few critics about how dated Gaga's approach to her art (especially in terms of visuals and promo) is not wrong. Especially when done respectfully. Understanding that not everyone in the world will have the same opinion as yours is also important. Growing thicker skin is good as well. Understanding that art is made to be appreciated but also criticized & analyzed is also an asset. 

Reveal hidden contents

P.S: This isn't targeting you specifically. This is more so a blanket statement on a lot of posts i've seen on this site for a while now. 

The Cure completely outlived Witness on the charts with ONE performance and discounts. if she actually treated it as a real single, it would be a hit. i never said it was a hit, i said she proved she can still get hits on the trendy band wagon, it doesn't have a MV :ladyhaha: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

1 minute ago, ryanripley said:

The Cure completely outlived Witness on the charts with ONE performance and discounts. if she actually treated it as a real single, it would be a hit. i never said it was a hit, i said she proved she can still get hits on the trendy band wagon, it doesn't have a MV :ladyhaha: 

what you just said solidifies my points though. :ladyhaha: 

There is a lack of proper execution, foresight and/or passion. 

Ziggy

I don't think so. And even if others did it, it doesn't matter who's already done it but who does it best. That picture looks tacky af meanwhile Gaga's Instagram post looks pretty cool and well done. I don't think she's outdated, though. I just think that since her look is being more paired down this era, she'll naturally look more like her contemporaries than she has before. Also, please look to the Coachella intro. That was super fresh and insane, to me from the score to the visuals.

Lextyr97
4 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

I don't think so. And even if others did it, it doesn't matter who's already done it but who does it best. That picture looks tacky af meanwhile Gaga's Instagram post looks pretty cool and well done. I don't think she's outdated, though. I just think that since her look is being more paired down this era, she'll naturally look more like her contemporaries than she has before. Also, please look to the Coachella intro. That was super fresh and insane, to me from the score to the visuals.

Legit this. Alla this

Archived