💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

UK Charts Discussion - Track "Applause" here!

Jase

Featured Posts

I asked Jeff

Does that mean it will be free  :eww:

I really doubt Polydor will allow the single to be sold for free.

Also, is Miguel a threat to Applause?

I don't think so. I can't see a great deal of competition, to be honest. The Wanted are releasing a week before Gaga, but 'Walks Like Rihanna' couldn't make it to #1, so I'm sure a second single won't either.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fizzy

Music Week revealed a bunch of Selena's UK #'s in their report today.

First week sales:

11,239 Kiss & Tell (#12)

8,749 A Year Without Rain (#14)

7,188 When the Sun Goes Down (#15)

6,333 Stars Dance (#14)

Totals as of this week:

66,085 Kiss & Tell

60,762 A Year Without Rain

53,644 When the Sun Goes Down

6,333 Stars Dance

Come & Get It:

week 1 #8 36,834 (36,834)

week 2 #10 26,594 (63,428)

“The scars on my mind are on Replay”

Jase

iTunes Update

HvaOr2P.jpg

01. Wake Me Up - Avicii

02. Love Me Again - John Newman

03. Best Song Ever - One Direction

04. Blurred Lines (feat. T.I. & Pharrell) - Robin Thicke

05. Let Her Go - Passenger

06. Bang Bang - will.i.am
07. I Love It (feat. Charli XCX) - Icona Pop

08. Thinking About You (feat. Ayah Marar) - Calvin Harris

09. Summertime Sadness (Cedric Gervais Remix) - Lana Del Rey

10. La La La (feat. Sam Smith) - Naughty Boy

11. Come & Get It - Selena Gomez

12. Big When I Was Little - Eliza Doolittle

13. Holy Grail (feat. Justin Timberlake) - Jay-Z

14. Jack - Breach

15. Get Lucky (Radio Edit) [feat. Pharrell Williams] - Daft Punk

16. Everything Has Changed (feat. Ed Sheeran) - Taylor Swift

17. Do I Wanna Know? - Arctic Monkeys

18. Reload (Vocal Version) [Radio Edit] - Sebastian Ingrosso, Tommy Trash & John Martin

19. True Love (feat. Lily Allen) - P!nk

20. Dancing In the Moonlight - Toploader

21. The Other Side - Jason Derulo

22. Treasure - Bruno Mars

23. Wild (feat. Big Sean & Dizzee Rascal) - Jessie J

24. Can't Hold Us (feat. Ray Dalton) - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

25. I Love It (feat. Charli XCX) [Clean Version] - Icona Pop

26. Walks Like Rihanna - The Wanted

27. Blurred Lines (feat. T.I. & Pharrell) - Robin Thicke

28. La La La (feat. Sam Smith) - Naughty Boy

29. Crazy Kids (feat. will.i.am) - Ke$ha

30. Lost & Not Found (feat. Louis M^ttrs) - Chase & Status

31. Play Hard (feat. Ne-Yo & Akon) - David Guetta

32. F For You - Disclosure

33. Dear Darlin' - Olly Murs

34. #Beautiful (feat. Miguel) - Mariah Carey

35. Heart Attack - Demi Lovato

36. Love Me Again (Radio Edit) - John Newman

37. Here's To Never Growing Up - Avril Lavigne

38. It's Time - Imagine Dragons

39. Black Skinhead - Kanye West

40. Antenna (UK Radio Edit) - Fuse ODG

Bubbling Under

41. Right Here (feat. Foxes) - Rudimental

43. Soon Come (feat. Liam Bailey) - Shy FX

58. Dust Clears - Clean Bandit

60. C O O L - Le Youth

65. You Know You Like It - AlunaGeorge

SomethingMore

So Ellie,Emeli and Disclousure are releasing the same week as Gaga? She might get blocked.

get that #1 Lana.

If ONLY they released the SS Album's version :cry:

It should be the original version in there not this ****ty remix

StrawberryBlond

Wow, surprised to see 1D fall. They're not performing well on the international charts either. In some countries, it hasn't even cracked the top ten. It looks like they'll be one of those bands who have mediocre single success but albums sell in abundance. I can't wait to see how this over-ambitious stadium tour's going to pan out now. The tickets went on sale for their Latin American leg recently and there was no demand for second dates. The thing is, if one date sells really poorly, they won't be able to move it to an arena because it's a stadium tour. So, they'll either have to do the show and get really embarrasing sales figures or cancel it and deal with the embarrassment of admitting that they're a flop in that region and let down fans. There's going to be so many hearts broken with this tour in more ways than one. I can already imagine that girls all over Scotland and the north of England were throwing tantrums because their parents weren't splashing out on stadium tickets and thought they were too young to go to such a big venue (the Edinburgh and Sunderland dates were the only UK dates that didn't sell out).

So Ellie,Emeli and Disclousure are releasing the same week as Gaga? She might get blocked.

That's what I'm worried about too. But just Emeli/Naughty Boy, that is. I know Ellie's re-releasing her album, so there'll be more interest in this single but she's still not achieved a #1 (her best position was #2 and it was a cover version) and her new album sold well below expectations (I believe it hasn't even hit 600,000 copies yet). Her last re-release didn't do well either, so there's no worry there. Disclosure had a good #4 hit with White Noise but I've got the feeling it's going to be their biggest hit and the song's already started charting, meaning its first week sales are going to be heavily diluted. No, the big challenger is going to be Emeli/Naughty Boy. The last single they did together went to #10, Emeli Sande seems to have top tens/#1's with everything she touches right now and Naughty Boy just acquired his first #1 single with La La La and it set the record for the fastest selling single of 2013 in the UK. I didn't realise they were going to release at this time, so this is getting me nervous. I hope they pull an Olly Murs and delay their single by a week when they realise this is Gaga's debut week. If they don't, well...let's just hope it's a slow burner.

get that #1 Lana.

If ONLY they released the SS Album's version :cry:

It should be the original version in there not this ****ty remix

Totally agree. I wanted to throw up when I heard that awful, unnecessary remix. It added absolutely nothing to the song, just diminished its standalone beauty. I thought what with Adele's success that people would realise now that some songs are just meant to be stripped back and left alone. It's pretty sad how the only thing that can get a song like SS to chart is to tack on a dreadful techno remix (that was how Florence got her first #1 with Spectrum - Calvin Harris just tweaked the production ever so slightly and his name on the feat. tag guaranteed success). But hey, if it gets a Lana song charting again and allows her album to start selling again, I'm all for it.

Jase

Lana up to #06 :eek:

Wake Me Up is such a hideous song  :sick:

I think you're literally the first person I've come across who doesn't like it :eek:

Ellie Sioux

Lana up to #06 :eek:

I think you're literally the first person I've come across who doesn't like it :eek:

for real? :eek: whenever I hear it I wanna rip my face off! not a fan at all! :laughga:

Jase

for real? :eek: whenever I hear it I wanna rip my face off! not a fan at all! :laughga:

But Aloe's heavenly vocals + Avicii's epic, summery production make the song amazing

WarriorPrince

Wake Me Up is such a hideous song  :sick:

I agree. I can't see the appeal other than the lyrics at all. 

StrawberryBlond

I'm not big on it either. It's a nice message and all but it's nothing new. This isn't the first dance song that tries to be deep and meaningful. The lyrics are stock, cliche phrases. And it sounds like other songs. The beat in the verses sounds like Emeli Sande's Next To Me and the chorus and overall production sound like Chris Brown's Don't Wake Me Up. I'm surprised his team aren't sueing, actually, especially considering it having the same title minus one word. I mean, I don't like Chris Brown, but this track seems to be a step more than inspiration. I'm surprised that no one else has pointed these clear similarities out.

SomethingMore

20 days to go!

Yes! Lana will get that top 10!

Video Games - #9

Born To Die - #9

Summertime Saddness - another #9 ?

Archived