:diane:

Sorry, I'll never let go of the mess that was Joanne's lead single era 

635980202163326515-1188657690_1620b570-f

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Slayer

Lady Gaga is incredible.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canÊčt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Irrelevant

Joanne actually has no perfect lead single material compared to her past albums. A-Yo a great single choice but it sounds too weak for a comeback, Perfect Illusion is simple but it's too loud, John Wayne and Diamond Heart are probably my top picks, but they just don't sound lead single-ish (plus if JW was the lead we would meltdown so hard at Joanne thinking it's full of electronic bops :rip:)

êŽ‘ì•ŒëĄœ 걞얎가 알아 ë„€ home ground

Reid LePage

chart positions could've been higher than the mirror on the ceiling :selena: 

Drin Lon

Btw I think it would have peaked at #6 :lolly: and if performed at the SB would have eventually gone 2x Platinum.

I hope whoever chose Perfect Illusion at Intercope is fired now cause Gaga sure as hell didn't :interestinga:

MaryJaneHolland
8 minutes ago, Drin Lon said:

Better video.

If Ruth was going to direct the video for the lead, A-YO would've suffered as well as PI

Sneaky Oliver

AYO should be the official second single. Million Reasons should be the third so it would not be "overplayed" before SuperBowl. She could have sent AYO for pop radio and MR for adult and country and promote them as the same time a la SNL 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

xoxo Craig
9 minutes ago, Drin Lon said:

...should have been the lead single.

Lady-Gaga-A-Yo-2016-3000x3000-1.jpg

Another top10 hit in the bag.

Another platinum single in the basket.

More performances.

Better video.

:diane:

Sorry, I'll never let go of the mess that was Joanne's lead single era 

635980202163326515-1188657690_1620b570-f

No P.I was perfect for lead single, A-YO should have been 2nd single, MR 3rd single and John Wayne 4th Single, and Dancin In Circles should have been 5th Single 

Diamond Heart should have been promo single, and Hey Girl or Just Another Day should have been released to promo the tour

:poot:

End Racism Now

Drin Lon
8 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

If Ruth was going to direct the video for the lead, A-YO would've suffered as well as PI

It's just that A-YO was Gaga's favorite song on the album so I really think she would have done sth good, at least John Wayne level.

Drin Lon
Just now, BloodyGlory said:

Completely disagree. Perfect Illusion is the best choice for the lead single

Isn't a lead single supposed to represent the album's sound, and be successful in order to generate hype for the album itself.... now, did PI do any of those things :lolga: the answer is no.

Thank God the album sold by itself and thad we had MR and the SB to keep the era alive 

XXXXX
1 minute ago, Drin Lon said:

Isn't a lead single supposed to represent the album's sound, and be successful in order to generate hype for the album itself.... now, did PI do any of those things :lolga: the answer is no.

Thank God the album sold by itself and thad we had MR and the SB to keep the era alive 

A-yo is great but if would flop harder than PI. At least PI was a hit in a looooot of countries and is actually the best song on the album. No one would give a fu ck about A-yo

Archived