Featured Posts

Haroon
7 hours ago, Craven Moorecox said:

Ahhhh I am tardy to the party! I was playing online with my roomie:cryga:

tumblr_mf5n2cX64n1rbrm08o1_500.gif

5 hours ago, River said:

I just won 5 battles in a row with Bowser in 1-1 quickplay :bradley:

I think I finally found my main :diane:

You go :whitney: I played for ages yesterday trying to main Inkling but I’m basically stuck around 3.2-3.8 GSP :noparty: 

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
River
7 hours ago, Haroon said:

You go :whitney: I played for ages yesterday trying to main Inkling but I’m basically stuck around 3.2-3.8 GSP :noparty: 

Inkling's problem is that it's so easy to fall down the stage, if I'm fighting against one in online or spirit, I'm just avoiding them until they fall lol

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

aaron l
12 hours ago, River said:

I just won 5 battles in a row with Bowser in 1-1 quickplay :bradley:

I think I finally found my main :diane:

You main Bowser while I main Bowser Jr.

A concept :diane:we stan :diane:

aaron l
7 hours ago, Haroon said:

I tried so hard when I first got the game :messga:

Haroon
2 hours ago, River said:

Inkling's problem is that it's so easy to fall down the stage, if I'm fighting against one in online or spirit, I'm just avoiding them until they fall lol

Really? :omg: I never have a problem falling as Inkling because their recovery is so good, my problem is that they have like no combos so it's hard to follow up any attacks with further attacks, you end up having to try to find an opening again :huh:

1 hour ago, aaron l said:

I tried so hard when I first got the game :messga:

Same :toofunny: I'm getting back into it though. When I first got the game I was obsessing over collecting all of the Spirits and I have like 99% of them, might make that final push and get the remaining ones and complete some events and all that other jazz. It's amazing how big of a game Smash is, there's something for everyone within it :flutter:

River
1 hour ago, Haroon said:

Really? :omg: I never have a problem falling as Inkling because their recovery is so good, my problem is that they have like no combos so it's hard to follow up any attacks with further attacks, you end up having to try to find an opening again :huh:

Yes, it's so easy to win against them lol

But they are annoying because everything is full of ink and it's hard to understand what's going on

21 minutes ago, Logan said:

Joker is really fun to play, but his kills seem entirely reliant on his Persona. 

Also the DLC spirits, they are pretty difficult but so much fun

And you are right, without the Persona, he's not that powerful..

Haroon
2 hours ago, River said:

Yes, it's so easy to win against them lol

But they are annoying because everything is full of ink and it's hard to understand what's going on

I would like to prove you wrong :green: 

2 hours ago, Logan said:

Joker is really fun to play, but his kills seem entirely reliant on his Persona. 

I think it’s too easy for him to get his demon thing :emma: Like he loses it and then BAM he has it really soon again :giveup:

River
57 minutes ago, Haroon said:

I would like to prove you wrong :green: 

I think it’s too easy for him to get his demon thing :emma: Like he loses it and then BAM he has it really soon again :giveup:

I'm ready :emma:

My main problem in general is that the left joy con is drifting to the left, it's never actually left,right,up,down it's actually left up, left down etc. so many times the commands of the specials are messed up and I lose many opportunities :bradley:

Like idk when I try to calibrate, it's never doing a straight line but it's drifting a bit

Haroon
1 hour ago, River said:

I'm ready :emma:

My main problem in general is that the left joy con is drifting to the left, it's never actually left,right,up,down it's actually left up, left down etc. so many times the commands of the specials are messed up and I lose many opportunities :bradley:

Like idk when I try to calibrate, it's never doing a straight line but it's drifting a bit

Yeah for some reason there’s a problem with the left stick on joycons and pro controllers, eventually they begin to drift. My Splatoon pro controller stick became unusable because it drifts up too much so I can only use it for Mario Kart now :rip: There’s a design or manufacturing issue, like calibrating can fix it at the beginning very short term but there’s like grinding happening inside and plastic dust getting trapped and it’s a mess :messga: The stick on the pro controller I’m using now started to drift a few months ago but somehow it’s gotten back to normal :huh: 

River
6 minutes ago, Haroon said:

Yeah for some reason there’s a problem with the left stick on joycons and pro controllers, eventually they begin to drift. My Splatoon pro controller stick became unusable because it drifts up too much so I can only use it for Mario Kart now :rip: There’s a design or manufacturing issue, like calibrating can fix it at the beginning very short term but there’s like grinding happening inside and plastic dust getting trapped and it’s a mess :messga: The stick on the pro controller I’m using now started to drift a few months ago but somehow it’s gotten back to normal :huh: 

Once Link fell of a cliff and died because of the drift :toofunny:

I didn't know the Pro has the same problem, I want to buy one but now I'm questioning it

Haroon
57 minutes ago, River said:

Once Link fell of a cliff and died because of the drift :toofunny:

I didn't know the Pro has the same problem, I want to buy one but now I'm questioning it

It’s definitely worth it, it only begins to happen like 500+ hours into using it and it doesn’t happen to all of them. It’s the most comfortable way to play in my opinion, better than using joycons separately and better than using joycons in the grip :happy:

River
1 hour ago, Haroon said:

It’s definitely worth it, it only begins to happen like 500+ hours into using it and it doesn’t happen to all of them. It’s the most comfortable way to play in my opinion, better than using joycons separately and better than using joycons in the grip :happy:

my husband has big hands and finds the joycons very small, so the Pro is the best solution for him and in some sense it feels more like a console, I was just worried about the drift, thanks for clarifying :diane:

And how is the motion controls?

Haroon
4 hours ago, River said:

my husband has big hands and finds the joycons very small, so the Pro is the best solution for him and in some sense it feels more like a console, I was just worried about the drift, thanks for clarifying :diane:

And how is the motion controls?

I think my hands are normal and joycons can be uncomfortable for me after a while :toofunny: I have these joycon guard things that are like a protective skin and they have built-in grip bumps at the back so it fits your hand better, otherwise my wrists cramp up quite quick if I’m playing the Switch in handheld mode :emma:

The motion controls are perfect :party: A downside to the joycons is that motion control is only in the right side and even when they’re in the grip so movement is together it can sometimes be off if you’ve tilted the whole grip+joycon thing differently. Whereas with the pro controller it’s all together and in one place so that problem never comes up :laughga:

Don’t get me wrong I don’t dislike the joycons, they’re actually my preferred method of playing BoTW because you can have your hands totally free resting however, it’s just in more intense games like Kart and Smash and Splatoon you need something that feels comfortable and sturdy and has good sized buttons. Out of all of the controllers I’ve used (PlayStation, Xbox/360/One X, Wii U gamepad, remotes, Wii U Pro Controller, etc) I think the current Switch Pro controller is the most comfortable. It’s expensive but you’re getting everything built in, motion controls and HD rumble and amiibo reader and everything, including great ergonomics and a nice look :nick:

River
8 hours ago, Haroon said:

I think my hands are normal and joycons can be uncomfortable for me after a while :toofunny: I have these joycon guard things that are like a protective skin and they have built-in grip bumps at the back so it fits your hand better, otherwise my wrists cramp up quite quick if I’m playing the Switch in handheld mode :emma:

The motion controls are perfect :party: A downside to the joycons is that motion control is only in the right side and even when they’re in the grip so movement is together it can sometimes be off if you’ve tilted the whole grip+joycon thing differently. Whereas with the pro controller it’s all together and in one place so that problem never comes up :laughga:

Don’t get me wrong I don’t dislike the joycons, they’re actually my preferred method of playing BoTW because you can have your hands totally free resting however, it’s just in more intense games like Kart and Smash and Splatoon you need something that feels comfortable and sturdy and has good sized buttons. Out of all of the controllers I’ve used (PlayStation, Xbox/360/One X, Wii U gamepad, remotes, Wii U Pro Controller, etc) I think the current Switch Pro controller is the most comfortable. It’s expensive but you’re getting everything built in, motion controls and HD rumble and amiibo reader and everything, including great ergonomics and a nice look :nick:

lol I have this cramp too, it's pretty annoying in tense games because you need to stop but don't wanna stop..

yeah it happened to me with a Zelda puzzle, with the balls.. was so annoying, so I just moved to undocked and did it lol

Exactly, in Smash I feel like I need a bigger controller, even with Cuphead now,so yeah I think I'll buy them at some point.. but maybe after E3, I want to see the new Switch first

Archived