đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Buzzfeed spreads misinformation on Kesha

Supersonic

Featured Posts

DeleteMyAccount
2 minutes ago, britneyspears said:

No she is not. We don't know the specifics since it's not been revealed, but the music is still going through his label. 

1 minute ago, stvn said:

We do know. If anyone would care to do some research. All of what is being released now has been approved by him. She was done a long time ago and he/they were dragging their feet, but they realized the longer they wait the worse it makes them look. 

So Buzzfeed's article is right?

This thread is messy. :laughga:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
britneyspears
Just now, ZacharyMark said:

So Buzzfeed's article is right?

This thread is messy. :laughga:

Yes, it is right. They didn't lie.

darkchylde
Just now, stvn said:

We do know. If anyone would care to do some research. All of what is being released now has been approved by him. She was done a long time ago and he/they were dragging their feet, but they realized the longer they wait the worse it makes them look. 

well thanks for the clarification.  happy that she's able to move on and with rainbow coming out next month i believe she's only one record away from freedom, right?

hopefully afterwards she can join interescope or sony without any more shitty deals.

Yeah, this shouldn't be a thread. She has a publishing and recording deal with Dr. Luke. He was demoted by Sony, but that doesn't change anything in the contracts. The contracts have not been nullified by any court (although Kesha has tried/is trying to do so) so they are still 100 percent in effect. They finally approved her music for release, she wanted to release earlier and they weren't letting her.

DeleteMyAccount
9 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

Fake News.

8 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

End them

source.gif

8 minutes ago, Frivolero said:

Why do people rely on true information from buzzfeed in the first place lmao:tony:

7 minutes ago, ashae said:

Buzzfeed spreading misinformation? When has that happened...:selena:

7 minutes ago, Craig Barnes said:

Fake as Taylor Swifts personality:chica:

5 minutes ago, The witch said:

Buzzfeed is tr***, nothing new.

So Billboard praised Praying and then Dr Luke's lawyers contacted them. They edited the article and added this : 

Editor's note: A spokesperson for Dr. Luke provided the following statement: "There was no change in Kesha's contractual recording obligations -- she has not succeeded on any legal claim or motion to avoid them. Instead, she was always free to record and refused to. Now, as legally required all along, the album was released with Dr. Luke's approval by Kemosabe which is a joint venture label of Dr. Luke and Sony."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/7857746/kesha-returns-praying-video

Taken from the new thread about this for clarification.

Just now, Reprise said:

well thanks for the clarification.  happy that she's able to move on and with rainbow coming out next month i believe she's only one record away from freedom, right?

hopefully afterwards she can join interescope or sony without any more shitty deals.

She has an ongoing court case, and it is possible that she could get out of her contract that way, but probably unlikely. 

britneyspears
2 minutes ago, Reprise said:

I think it's 3 albums she has left to release, not sure

migamiga

Kemosabe is owned by Dr. Luke. He signed her. He has her for publishing too

1 minute ago, ZacharyMark said:

So Billboard praised Praying and then Dr Luke's lawyers contacted them. They edited the article and added this : 

Editor's note: A spokesperson for Dr. Luke provided the following statement: "There was no change in Kesha's contractual recording obligations -- she has not succeeded on any legal claim or motion to avoid them. Instead, she was always free to record and refused to. Now, as legally required all along, the album was released with Dr. Luke's approval by Kemosabe which is a joint venture label of Dr. Luke and Sony."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/7857746/kesha-returns-praying-video

It is correct that she failed to get out of the contract, however the part I bolded is disputable. They have to approve everything she does and they were apparently giving her a hard time.

darkchylde
6 minutes ago, britneyspears said:

I think it's 3 albums she has left to release, not sure

**** that's a lot... like she could easily be 40 when it ends...

7 minutes ago, stvn said:

She has an ongoing court case, and it is possible that she could get out of her contract that way, but probably unlikely. 

yeah i think it's smarter and cheaper if she justs finishes the rc because courts aren't helping her much

Bizcochito
1 minute ago, ZacharyMark said:

Like It was necessary to added his 2 cents? they should leave her alone.

1 minute ago, F AM E said:

Kemosabe is owned by Dr. Luke. He signed her. He has her for publishing too

Sony pulled Dr. Luke off kemosabe.

DeleteMyAccount
2 minutes ago, stvn said:

It is correct that she failed to get out of the contract, however the part I bolded is disputable. They have to approve everything she does and they were apparently giving her a hard time.

Well considering this info came from DL's Lawyers, I would assume that they were just being bias in saying that Kesha refused to record to make her sound troublesome. But the main idea is still confirming the Buzzfeed article in their claim.

DeleteMyAccount
Just now, The witch said:

I was just clarifying that the Buzzfeed article was right in their report. Just making sure everyone is on the same page. :)

2 minutes ago, The witch said:

They demoted him, which is likely just for optics and he's still in charge. Her contract is with HIM, as a person. He still had to approve all of this music for release. 

Bizcochito
Just now, ZacharyMark said:

I was just clarifying that the Buzzfeed article was right in their report. Just making sure everyone is on the same page. :)

When I said " It was necessary to added his 2 cents?" I was talking of Dr. Luke lawyers adding his 2 cents, not you <3 sorry!:hug:

• Admin locked this topic

Archived