💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Kesha is overrated here

Quark

Featured Posts

Poissonche

WHY is there so much hate on a forum dedicated to Lady Gaga, for ****'s sake? The whole concept of Lady Gaga is against hate, but it's just popping out of nowhere all the time on here. All the artists that are being trashed here are all people who are making a job out of their passion, and it's beautiful. Also, taste in music is subjective; so, if you don't like an artist, that doesn't mean other people shouldn't like. Nobody has better taste than anybody, even if we like to make jokes about that. End thread. Goodbye. I'm **** offing out of this thread.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Buddy
2 hours ago, juju said:

Kesha can craft pop songs, folk songs, country songs, rock songs... plus, she has a distinct quality to her songwriting. She's evolved multiple times through-out her career, so I'm sorry you've only heard the (many) radio hits and judge her whole discography on that, but...

Lana literally serves the exact same thing, each and every time. It's true, she's not relying on 2010 catchy hooks; instead, she's donning her rose-tinted glasses and relying on the racist-as-hell, war obsessed 1950s, all while glamorizing things like trauma and depression. Which, if that's what you like, then good for you, but I prefer substance from the artists I stan.

Excuse me no. Lana has the tendency to be very cliche, but her lyricism, melodies, and atmosphere are not even from this world. She speaks directly to the soul. Lana has just as much substance as Gaga, if not more. But ok.

juju
Just now, Buddy said:

Excuse me no. Lana has the tendency to be very cliche, but her lyricism, melodies, and atmosphere are not even from this world. She speaks directly to the soul. Lana has just as much substance as Gaga, if not more. But ok.

Her lyricism is juvenile at best, and the soul there all seems like a cheap attempt to aestheticize herself as something other than what she really is. It's a farce. Glad to know she has her fans, but comparing her to Gaga is a joke. 

❤ x ❤

juju
1 hour ago, Oriane23 said:

I just had a quick listen to her albums, you'll excuse me if I haven't heard all the unreleased stuff

Animal is pretty much all the same thing I described before.

Warrior is more eclectic, there are a few tracks that differ with strong folk and rock influences but we're still not at it. I have the impression I hear some old Miley Cyrus songs or these 2000s pop rock songs that all sounded the same.

You can also say Lana has some other influences in her music too. Her initial sound is still more interesting than Kesha's and a lot of today's pop. I don't see what's wrong with making a music that's based on 1950s. With all the things going on at this time, does it mean the culture was not interesting ? The movies, the music ? No, they were good and that's what she wants to take from it. Her music is very cinematic, not in the way that is could always be used as a soundtrack but in the way that it tells a story and depicts an atmosphere. I disagree with the argument of "glamorizing things is bad" because I believe it's the point of cinema, to show things from a point of view or even no point of view at all, but that's another debate. Finally I never understood that conception that Lana's songs are all about trauma and depression, to me there's a lot of melancholy and romanticized stuff but there's no "oh my life is so bad I want to die".

As I said I think Lana is overrated too, it's true her music doesn't evolve much (although I can hear the differences between her albums) but it doesn't mean it's not enjoyable. How many artists would we be deprived of if we followed that logic ?

I'm sure a quick listen wouldn't give you the same effect as growing/maturing alongside these songs, but good on you for giving them a go.

And it's not my place to judge anyone's tastes, I simply brought up from the get-go an artist vastly more overrated than Kesha on these forums, and judging by a majority of the responses in this thread, I've proven my point. As I've said, if you prefer moaning and cooing and a sepia-toned, selectively-recollected slice of the same thing over and over again, Lana is your girl. She has a handful of good songs, some even great, but I stand by my logic - every truly great musician that's stood the test of time has evolved in some manner or fashion. And I never see her breaking from the niche she's so desperately clung to for so long.

Plus, the 1950's were a incredibly horrible time time in American history. So, no, not here for it.

❤ x ❤

Robo Ga
3 hours ago, OBEY said:

yeah nobody liked ha yet she got 2 number ones in us and multiple top 10s but no one likes ha yes

I mean here on GGD :dry:

🤖⚡️

Fernster7

I kinda agree, she's not a really good singer but she can improve, and I only like one of her albums which is flawless tho.

People pretend to love her and all of that because she went through hell and back and I think that's okay as long as they don't think everything she does is perfect which is dangerous.

I am super excited to see what she does this time and to see the kind of artist she wants to be. 

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

Ronk
6 hours ago, Mario Salas said:

She's garbage. End.

Do you actually want to be reported?

I live outside the space time continuum.

Eros92

We're all entitled to our own opinions but I disagree...

Kesha isn't one trick pony. She writes so much music and music of all different genres. He unreleased stuff ranges from the typical Kesha to country to pretty much acoustic alternative. 

Yeah vocally she may not be the best but she's better then a lot of the pop girls out here right now. She's a true artist EXACTLY like Gaga. They both grew up around music and have the same passion and drive about it. 

Bette Davis

She seems like a sweetheart and I have a lot of sympathy for what she went through, but her voice is almost Adam Levine level annoying.

tenor.gif

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

Ronk
4 hours ago, Poissonche said:

WHY is there so much hate on a forum dedicated to Lady Gaga, for ****'s sake? The whole concept of Lady Gaga is against hate, but it's just popping out of nowhere all the time on here. All the artists that are being trashed here are all people who are making a job out of their passion, and it's beautiful. Also, taste in music is subjective; so, if you don't like an artist, that doesn't mean other people shouldn't like. Nobody has better taste than anybody, even if we like to make jokes about that. End thread. Goodbye. I'm **** offing out of this thread.

People forget that every artist is a human with dreams, with talent in their particular style, and works very hard at their craft.  Each artist is adored by a loving fan base.  Each artist brings joy to many people who consider them to be the best.  To their fans, each artist is a queen or king, a legend, an angel, a giant, a god.  The fans of other artists are just like us.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Hernan
7 hours ago, juju said:

If anyone is overrated here, it is Lana Del Rey. Y'all go on and on about that snoozefest of an artist, who literally peaked with her first album, and pretend like she's out here serving something other than a stoned, half-baked lullaby. 

Kesha is a talented songwriter who doesn't have to rely on 1950 tropes to make decent music. She is far from overrated here, to be quite frank.

I LOVE YOU @juju . :reductive:

🌙 - DESTROY WHAT DESTROYS YOU - 🌙

Glitterngrease

Eh, I just really like her. A bit of it is nostalgia for the early 2010s. I'm excited to see what she's coming out with soon.

GABEL

it's so funny coz I heard exactly the same thing from gaga's haters:ladyhaha:
(she's over...she can't even make decent music anymore......trying to be unique but failed  and keep doing what other people have already done before........ peaked with her first album........she should retire long ago)
you would be surprised how limited the way people criticize a singer.

AJK273
7 hours ago, juju said:

If anyone is overrated here, it is Lana Del Rey. Y'all go on and on about that snoozefest of an artist, who literally peaked with her first album, and pretend like she's out here serving something other than a stoned, half-baked lullaby. 

Kesha is a talented songwriter who doesn't have to rely on 1950 tropes to make decent music. She is far from overrated here, to be quite frank.

This opinion is...........

QakIhhK.gif

Messy, Petty, Beautiful, Covergirl

Archived