💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

HDD: #18 Katy -92% sales -89% SPS; #1 Lorde 73k/95k

Born To Slay

Featured Posts

leecy
2 minutes ago, Lil Mxnster said:

I'm agree :golfclap: But the fact that even Perfect Illusion, Joanne's lead single, floped and the album sold better than Katy Perry's Witness is... :ladyhaha: Time the ultimate truth teller 

cause CTTR flopped too I guess

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ronk
7 minutes ago, OLH said:

. It's not my fault she took such a long break and doesn't have a big fan base. 

It's entirely your fault.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Monsterish
Just now, leecy said:

Payola didn't work this time :giggle:

2 minutes ago, Ronk said:

It's entirely your fault.

I should've bought 20 copies of Melodrama. :selena:

Fiona Apple
7 minutes ago, OLH said:

I need something to back this up. Give me a song on Melodrama that sounds completely out of left field and couldn't be played on the radio. She's not a Bjork type. Lorde and Gaga are similar in that they merge underground sounds with mainstream trends a lot of the time. It's not my fault she took such a long break and doesn't have a big fan base. 

Nobody is a Bjork type sweety. She is one of a kind. But songs like hard feelings/liability reprise/writer in the dark could never be on the radio

Gaga experiments in the most mainstream and simple way possible. Her music always has strictly pop/radio structures/melodies/lyrics and she changes up a little bit the production to make the songs sound more country/rock or whatever she wants. Her experimentation is completely superficial

Ronk
3 minutes ago, leecy said:

Did pretty well but underperformed compared to high expectations.

leecy
Just now, Ronk said:

Did pretty well but underperformed compared to high expectations.

yes it started her ARTPOP era without art

Just now, IAmDavid said:

Nobody is a Bjork type sweety. She is one of a kind. But songs like hard feelings/liability reprise/writer in the dark could never be on the radio

Gaga experiments in the most mainstream and simple way possible. Her music always has strictly pop/radio structures/melodies/lyrics and she changes up a little bit the production to make the songs sound more country/rock or whatever she wants. Her experimentation is completely superficial

Like I said both artists merge the mainstream and obscure, but I'd say Gaga has more experimental songs in her discography than Lorde. Half of BTW, some of Joanne and a few unreleased songs are not radio friendly at all. Writer in the dark is just bad imo, Lorde doesn't have the kind of voice needed to carry a melody without a lush instrumental background. The radio doesn't play reprises, but Liability itself is on the same level as MR in terms of radio friendliness. Green Light and Supercut sound like 1989 deep cuts. 

Fiona Apple
3 minutes ago, OLH said:

Like I said both artists merge the mainstream and obscure, but I'd say Gaga has more experimental songs in her discography than Lorde. Half of BTW, some of Joanne and a few unreleased songs are not radio friendly at all. Writer in the dark is just bad imo, Lorde doesn't have the kind of voice needed to carry a melody without a lush instrumental background. The radio doesn't play reprises, but Liability itself is on the same level as MR in terms of radio friendliness. Green Light and Supercut sound like 1989 deep cuts. 

Writer in the dark is one of my favourite songs in the album :rip: It's amazing.. Supercut and GL even though they are not really experimental - unfriendly to the radio ,do not sound like 1989 at all :rip: 

Gaga doesn't have any actually experimental songs imo. The only thing that makes some of her songs not-radio-friendly is that they are avant-garde and sometimes too "gay" for the general public.

Ronk
7 minutes ago, leecy said:

yes it started her ARTPOP era without art

People thought Katy's lead single would slay all things real or imagined.

Highway Unicorn and Heavy Metal Lover are more experimental than anything Lorde has released. Song structure is only one aspect of a song, if you still sing love songs and don't venture into political or obscure topics like sexuality outside of the norm, your music retains some of its radio friendliness. Gaga singing about immigration in Americano would never fit on the radio. 

leecy
Just now, Ronk said:

People thought Katy's lead single would slay all things real or imagined.

but it slayed her career

Just now, IAmDavid said:

Writer in the dark is one of my favourite songs in the album :rip: It's amazing.. Supercut and GL even though they are not really experimental - unfriendly to the radio ,do not sound like 1989 at all :rip: 

Gaga doesn't have any actually experimental songs imo. The only thing that makes some of her songs not-radio-friendly is that they are avant-garde and sometimes too "gay" for the general public.

Something can be experimental and still be radio friendly though. Gaga has experimented more in five albums than some pop girl do their entire career. 

abortionqueen
19 hours ago, Saint Hollywood said:

I guess this gif will come in handy a lot this era

L5kGt5a.gif

:air::air::air: 

vocally you can't find the right key to an unlocked door

Fiona Apple
4 minutes ago, OLH said:

Something can be experimental and still be radio friendly though. Gaga has experimented more in five albums than some pop girl do their entire career. 

This is a fact. But that doesn't make her really experimental. I do think that Gaga tries to change her style with every era and keep things interesting. I just wouldn't compare her experimentation to what Lorde is doing

Archived