Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
opinion

A Star Is Born is ruining everything.

Rush

Featured Posts

River

Lady Gaga is her own business, she can do what the **** she wants with it.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Zombie

Like Christina with Burlesque, she didnt give a **** about Bionic and well, we all know how that end

androiduser

in my opinion, she will be like Madonna.... the movie career will go nowhere, but it won't hurt her overall career as a musician. She'll just be butthurt about it and think the world is against her, just like Madonna did.

Dorothy Gale
32 minutes ago, Leonardo Fox said:

Like Christina with Burlesque, she didnt give a **** about Bionic and well, we all know how that end

Gaga is in a way better place than Xtina was though, let's not get too pessimistic.

Sizzily

Oh whatever. Why the hell would she do a new album when we are 3 months from her tour of her album that came out less than a year ago? This makes no damn sense, hun.

One Banned Boi

sipthistea

She's happy filming a movie, so let her exist and do her f*ckin thing. 

boyerased

After ending filming we won't here it again till release. This movie is a risk but is a good bet for Gaga.

People here pretend like Gaga's whole career depends on her charting or how will her next album fail. Ya'll keep saying she's a legend but not let her do what she wants. At this point in her career, it's wise to diversify and not chase every trends. She already is Lady Gaga, solidifying her legacy thru various outputs will be the goal, she's not some new pop star who's entire career depends on her next single. 

I think we learnt some time ago already that she doesn't care about establishing herself as a music legend. That's her career and if she prefers to do movies instead let it be. Like it's not the end of the world lol

Ronk
11 hours ago, Jed said:

it's what she's always wanted to do since she was young. and before anyone comes at me the NYU program she was in catered to actors...

So is it ruining everythinjg? no, cos it isn't ruining her hopes and dreams. Maybe be a bit less selfish and realize that her career isn't here to make you feel good or that you're stanning the right person. Her career is here so she can fulfill herself. 

Yes, she always wanted to do acting, even before NYU.  In HS, acting was her interest, and this was long before a music career.  She is so happy when she talks about her acting in HS.  I'm glad she's going after her dream.

I live outside the space time continuum.

TheBatman
29 minutes ago, androiduser said:

in my opinion, she will be like Madonna.... the movie career will go nowhere, but it won't hurt her overall career as a musician. She'll just be butthurt about it and think the world is against her, just like Madonna did.

Madonna gets so much hate for her movies but she has some huge hits in there over the years: Desperately Seeking Susan, **** Tracy, A League of their Own, ****ing EVITA, not to mention Truth or Dare. I wish someone could erase the bad movies from memory though, my god when she was bad, she was SO bad.

Cher and Bette Midler did both music and movies to success. Who else? Jlo and Beyonce have tried to varying degrees of success. Janet has been in a bunch of movies I think right? 

androiduser
2 minutes ago, TheBatman said:

Madonna gets so much hate for her movies but she has some huge hits in there over the years: Desperately Seeking Susan, **** Tracy, A League of their Own, ****ing EVITA, not to mention Truth or Dare. I wish someone could erase the bad movies from memory though, my god when she was bad, she was SO bad.

Cher and Bette Midler did both music and movies to success. Who else? Jlo and Beyonce have tried to varying degrees of success. Janet has been in a bunch of movies I think right? 

Madonna was good in smaller supporting roles, especially Susan because she was totally new to acting so was just being herself, instead of acting. But when she was bad she was terrible, and the terrible roles outweighed the good/decent ones.

GypsyBabe

1. I think that this movie will actually be good. 

2. I want Gaga to follow her dreams. She's a person, not someone who exists to do well on the charts for insecure monsters. :reductive:

3. I think that we are going to get a killer soundtrack! 

⚯͛

GypsyBabe
14 minutes ago, Ronk said:

Yes, she always wanted to do acting, even before NYU.  In HS, acting was her interest, and this was long before a music career.  She is so happy when she talks about her acting in HS.  I'm glad she's going after her dream.

An older woman I know used to watch her in high school productions in manhattan and said she was amazing. 

⚯͛

PeachJug

We're supposed to support Gaga for doing what SHE wants to do... not what the world wants her to do

She doesn't need to make pop records if she doesn't have it in hear heart at the moment, she needs to do what makes her happy.

Ronk
10 hours ago, AURA said:

Still haven't listened to C2C, still won't :madge:

Many don't like jazz, but C2C is my favorite album and I loved the tour.  But whether you or I like it isn't the important thing ... Gaga loves jazz, working on C2C made her happy, and the album caused many new people to like her.

I live outside the space time continuum.

• CyanLights locked this topic

Archived