💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Record Labels Trying To Keep Artists From 6-9 Years Ago Alive? No New Stars

Economy

Featured Posts

yes and

It's all because of the internet era. We have so much singers for listening in the internet. If internet doesn't exist, we won't know the most of independent/unknown artists.  
Early we bought albums of some artists in the shops because we had already heard about this artist and no matter if new album is bad, now we can listen new album of this artist on spotify, and if it's bad, i won't buy or listen it again. 

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jay.P

I feel the time for new stars is coming soon. It seems to happen near the end of the decade.

Do you hear that? It's poison.

Economy
1 minute ago, Jay.P said:

I feel the time for new stars is coming soon. It seems to happen near the end of the decade.

This is true. Many huge names late 90s/ early 2000s then again late 2000s/early 2010s

Antonio

I think Lorde will be the new lasting artist. She debuted in 2013

𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞

LG7 time now
54 minutes ago, Economy said:

If it wasnt for SB and her most recent hit in the US MR... I dunno... Tbh i wouldn't even have put Gaga on this list anymore. Like shes just relevant enough to say shes relevant :( 

It was not. Gaga IS considered as one of the biggest and best artists right now. People DO KNOW she works well despite not having a new hit every month

merlot

well new artists are not bringing anything new to the industry 

none of them are interesting at all 

malazam
20 hours ago, Born To Slay said:

That said, I agree record labels are struggling to get new acts longevity. 

This is actually ''good''.

In a few years we'll have a 'bomb' of new artists.

another shot before we kiss the other side

Miel

I wonder if the rise of contemporary EDM was also a huge factor in this.

Like, there would be a slew of semi-popular songs year after year, with differing EDM trends, all featuring relatively lowkey, independent, or just plain no-name artists.

Not to say they aren't talented, but rather that that sort of narrative/dynamic of featuring on an EDM track was/is seen as the path to exposure- thus becoming oversaturated.

3 points in and ready for more

7 hours ago, Lord Temptation said:

That's also a very massive one hit wonder that is so 2012.

You forgot about Good Time and I Really Like You

Delusional
23 hours ago, Born To Slay said:

Dangerous Women was a perfectly successful album. 1 billion streams on Spotify, 1 million albums sold WW, 3 top 15 hits and a successful arena tour. While it is less successful then the ME era, She's no where near irrelevant. 

You forgot a Grammy nom. :madge:

‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️BANNED TILL SEPTEMBER‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

ApplauseftAdele

I agree, the only recent act I can remember maintaining their fame  is The Weeknd (2015) 

• 3 weeks later...
redrooster
On 3/26/2017 at 5:44 AM, Sirius094 said:

I'dd add

2011 -  Carly Rae Jepsen Call Me Maybe 

Good Time would like to have a word with you outside...

redrooster
On 3/26/2017 at 2:39 AM, Lord Temptation said:

Right after Born This Way record labels flooded the market with new artists. Many unknowns were catapulted to fame between 2011-2013, and today there are only a handful of survivors. 

This decade since 2011 has been defined by extraordinarily exposed one hit wonders.

2011 - Gotye Somebody That I Used to Know

2012 - Psy Gangnam Style

2013 - Lorde Royals

2014 - Iggy Fancy

2015 - Major Lazer Lean On

2016 - Chainsmokers Closer

Literally the only one you named that is a one hit wonder is Gotye...

redrooster
On 3/26/2017 at 7:06 AM, Lord Temptation said:

It doesn't matter if their follow up hits were popular, they were nowhere near as popular as their first hits. Their second hits were only hits because of their first hit. Basically it's all been downhill for those artists.

As far as whether or not the artist in question is a one hit wonder it most certainly DOES matter. Just because one hit is bigger than another doesn't mean the smaller hit isn't a hit. By your logic I could call the Beatles a one hit wonder because Hey Jude was bigger than all their other songs. Plus, you referred to their other songs as "their follow up hits" so you clearly know they aren't one hit wonders. Don't be a POS.

Archived