💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Late 90s early 00s pop acts

FrankGutz

Featured Posts

Luxe Ford

I wish Lindsay got her shite together because she is/was a really good actress. But now she's just an epic mess. 

What happens in Luxe Ford stays in Luxe Ford

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD
25 minutes ago, Martin Garrix said:

i am   i even had the bootleg edition of TEM, the one ha label didnt let her release, that one was better tbh

OMFG!! I didnt knew about that   thats awesome

Ya, it's called Megalomania. Full of bops.

Just read, the lost one member last year.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

RAMROD
14 minutes ago, Luxe Ford said:

I wish Lindsay got her shite together because she is/was a really good actress. But now she's just an epic mess. 

Don't think she wanted to pursue career in showbiz anymore tbh.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

GagaIsTheCure
51 minutes ago, Gagaloo92 said:

What does it matter even? Let them release new music if that's their passion. 

exactly!!

Beyoncé: the most relevant of them all nowadays.

Rihanna: came a little after solo-Beyoncé but still is huge.

P!nk: hasn't released an album in a few years but she always slays with hits and sales.

Kelly Clarkson: isn't a huge name anymore but still has a respectable career.

Avril Lavigne: tried two times to comeback and flopped both times.

Ciara: always releases great albums but always flops.

Lady Palutena

But where is the Queen of Shade, Vocal Goddess, Elusive Chantuese, Mariah Carey? :usrs:

Adoremus in caelum, Palutena. Dea luminis.

narcoswing

Yeah. Nelly Furtado's last major label albun tanked terribly, but she's indie now and she's actually building up a lot of hype and a lot of big music blogs are promoting The Ride, out March 31st :classy:

imnotyourbabe10

I think Michelle Branch is going to kill it this time around...very stoked for her new music...

and agree that we need more releases from these ladies like Fiona, Nelly and so forth.

Computer
5 hours ago, Martin Garrix said:

COME BACKS THAT DIDNT DO THAT WELL SO FAR

Nelly Furtado | Gwen | Fergie | Hillary

For a minute I thought this was a ruthless election joke :air::air:

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

holy scheisse

Excuse you. Hillary Duff didnt do anything tragic, she was just a disney gurl forced into popstardom

Spoiler

cough* selena gomez*

anyway, michelle branch slays. i thought she put out a country album later than 2003? maybe im wrong. i remember her CD was one of the earliest i owned

TheBatman

Madonna Janet and Mariah were all killing the late 90's and early 00's. Ray of Light, Music, Velvet Rope, All for You, Rainbow :-) What a time to be alive! Tori Amos isn't a pop girl, but Choirgirl Hotel was around this time too.

giskardsb

most of those girls were forced into certain pop styles by labels.  They were designed to have short relevance in the pop world for quick hits.  It's the way the pop industry works and it's a problem because the industry is constantly throwing people away and looking for the next young pop phenom and won't allow anyone to grow or take control of their own careers.   A few artists manage to fight against that and find their own way, and it's usually those that have a distinct and individual talent and strong self identities.  

I was listening to KRBE Houston the other day ( I rarely listen to pop radio) and it strikes me how many of the current singers all sound more or less the same, like interchangeable parts.  They won't have long careers.

FrankGutz
8 hours ago, holyscheisse said:

Excuse you. Hillary Duff didnt do anything tragic, she was just a disney gurl forced into popstardom

Hide contents

cough* selena gomez*

anyway, michelle branch slays. i thought she put out a country album later than 2003? maybe im wrong. i remember her CD was one of the earliest i owned

but ive seen the Hillary fans melting down because she rather be with her family & taking vacations than working, she aint messy like the other girls tho, but her last era was messy af too, she's lovely tho and she deserved more

And Yes, Michelle Branch after her 2 solo albums made a country duo and she was releasing albums under that project, which i really never cared tbh

13 hours ago, Bio said:

Beyoncé: the most relevant of them all nowadays.

Rihanna: came a little after solo-Beyoncé but still is huge.

P!nk: hasn't released an album in a few years but she always slays with hits and sales.

Kelly Clarkson: isn't a huge name anymore but still has a respectable career.

Avril Lavigne: tried two times to comeback and flopped both times.

Ciara: always releases great albums but always flops.

oh well, i was mostly talking about forgotten pop stars, lowkey Kerlly, Avril, Rih & Avril have always been there and they all have a fandom unlike the girls in the op

8 hours ago, giskardsb said:

most of those girls were forced into certain pop styles by labels.  They were designed to have short relevance in the pop world for quick hits.  It's the way the pop industry works and it's a problem because the industry is constantly throwing people away and looking for the next young pop phenom and won't allow anyone to grow or take control of their own careers.   A few artists manage to fight against that and find their own way, and it's usually those that have a distinct and individual talent and strong self identities.  

I was listening to KRBE Houston the other day ( I rarely listen to pop radio) and it strikes me how many of the current singers all sound more or less the same, like interchangeable parts.  They won't have long careers.

true, they need to do something different to survive, lowkey i think that's why Mandy had a low profile, she left the pop and went folk, she lost so many fans but at least she kept trying, Vanessa is also doing her thing even tho she''s very small rn, but it did let her to release albums through the years and do what she wanted

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

FrankGutz
15 hours ago, Gagaloo92 said:

What does it matter even? Let them release new music if that's their passion. 

oh no, im actually hype about some of this releases tbh,, Mandy, Vanessa & Michelle

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Archived