💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
digital art

Dance In the Dark - video concept + visual reference

Panchecco

Featured Posts

Panchecco

I made this a few weeks ago as my submission for the third task of "Create The Look" a game here on GGD created by the amazing @VOLANTIS. The game is still open and we actually need more people to join for Task 4, so if you'd like to take part in the game follow the thread or bookmark it so when #Task4 is announced you'll know immediately :staymad:

The task consisted in creating a look for Gaga to wear in a very special DITD music video that she was going to release on her birthday as a gift for her fans. This was my submission:

H9beHab.gif

CONCEPT OF THE VIDEO:

Spoiler

Gaga is on her way to a costume party she has been invited to, she is walking alone in the street and she starts singing the song while dancing  in the moonlight. When she arrives at the venue she removes her jacket and she wears her mask. At the party she dances with a stranger who eventually ends up dead because of her, it is in fact revealed in the last shot of the video that she is a vampire.

OUTFIT:

Spoiler

I wanted to create an outifit that explored the meaning of the song and after a very quick research I found these two quotes that became the main inspiration for both the outfit and the video:

"The record is about a girl who likes to have sex with the lights off, because she’s embarrassed about her body. She doesn’t want her man to see her naked. She will be free, and she will let her inner animal out, but only when the lights are out." 
"She doesn’t feel free without the moon. These lyrics are a way for me to talk about how I believe women and some men feel innately insecure about themselves all the time. It’s not sometimes, it’s not in adolescence, it’s always."

Since the video is being released on her birthday and since it's a very popular song in the fandom I decided to pay homage to Gaga's iconic looks from the most iconic live performances of the song:

- Monster Ball Tour - Theatre;
- Monster Ball Tour - Arena;
- Brit Awards 2010;
and of the course the iconic picture used as the single cover.

The idea was to let the outfit reveal itself through the video, so when the songs starts (and she's alone at night in the city) she is wearing a black leather jacket with gold chains, spikes and studs. The jacket is mainly inspired by the iconic purple jacket from the MBT 2.0 and the mask that Gaga wears on the single cover. The MBT jacket had large studded shoulder pads but this one instead has a bunch of spikes and it's the collar of the jacket that is actually overproportionate and studded. She's also wearing purple hair (fiber optic wig) and boots that shades from a light lilac to a very dark and intense purple. The boots are decorated with purple flowers made of lace that glow in the dark (Brit Awards inspired). 

When she arrives at the party she unzips the jacket and reveals the other part of the outfit. Underneath she is wearing a gold metallic corset (inspired by the single cover) with purple gems and decoration (all of them are led lights - like the outfit for the first Monster Ball), under the corset she is wearing a very  light body suit that covers her from her neck down (wrist and ankles), The body suit is partially gold and partially transparent and has shimmery translucent triangles decorations that help make the whole outfit reflect light. On her neck she is wearing a purple lace neck corset, with the same purple glow-in-the-dark flowers from the boots. On each shoulder there's a gem  that radiates light whenever it's dark. 

To finish the look, since it's a costume/masquerade party, she is also wearing an alternative version of the DITD mask. It's a little bit bigger because her whole forehead is covered and it's partially decorated with black lace flowers (inspired by the Brit awards mask). On top of it there are tall golden spikes and the chains on the front of the mask are shaped like a V so that the mask has a more clean, glamorous look.

VOLANTIS

Mess @ me for forgetting to assign you your "reward" @Panchecco

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

• 2 months later...

Archived