Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion (Part 3)

Americano

Featured Posts

MTN isn't going in the OP, it's a lost cause to keep asking me

Can I ask why? LOL I mean it still sold.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arturo

• Americano

• Valentino

• Klou

Top Posters In This Topic

saltface

Can I ask why? LOL I mean it still sold.

Someone needs to look up the term "lost cause" :lolgaga:

Someone needs to look up the term "lost cause" :lolgaga:

I've asked once. lol

I was just looking @ the first post and saw it excluded - that's all.

Oyemiamor

This is an interesting article from Rollingstone comparing Adele's 21 to Alanis's Jagged Little Pill. It talks about how Alanis's music wasn't the status quo of the time and how "you oughta know" wasn't even expected to make it to radio because of Boys2Men, TLC and Mariah Carey style music that was the most prominent.

It is interesting to take into perspective in today's charts, it seems like it is almost something cyclic that happens every 10-20 years to change the landscape of music. Or at least shake it up a bit.

http://www.rollingst...e-pill-20120613

Oh and as an aside to Valentino: they reference how Alanis really didn't like all the attention (similar to how Adele is acting) and eventually Alanis kind of went away from popular music and did her own thing. So I think there is some good evidence in there for you of how Adele will proceed with her next album.

EDIT: also is it true that Adele only co-wrote "rolling in the deep"? I thought she wrote all the songs on her album? I am reading comments to the contrary. :confused:

Edited by Oyemiamor

MarryTheKnight

tumblr_m0smr693R21rot7deo1_r1_250.giftumblr_m0smr693R21rot7deo2_r1_250.gif

Its so funny how people thought Lana would reach Adele's heights lmfao

Edited by MarryTheKnight

Just A Holy Fool

tumblr_m0smr693R21rot7deo1_r1_250.giftumblr_m0smr693R21rot7deo2_r1_250.gif

Its so funny hoe people thought Lana would reach Adele's heights lmfao

Don't care about her success (or lack therof). Lana is a gem and Born To Die (album) is amazing :legend:

This is an interesting article from Rollingstone comparing Adele's 21 to Alanis's Jagged Little Pill. It talks about how Alanis's music wasn't the status quo of the time and how "you oughta know" wasn't even expected to make it to radio because of Boys2Men, TLC and Mariah Carey style music that was the most prominent.

It is interesting to take into perspective in today's charts, it seems like it is almost something cyclic that happens every 10-20 years to change the landscape of music. Or at least shake it up a bit.

http://www.rollingst...e-pill-20120613

Oh and as an aside to Valentino: they reference how Alanis really didn't like all the attention (similar to how Adele is acting) and eventually Alanis kind of went away from popular music and did her own thing. So I think there is some good evidence in there for you of how Adele will proceed with her next album.

EDIT: also is it true that Adele only co-wrote "rolling in the deep"? I thought she wrote all the songs on her album? I am reading comments to the contrary. :confused:

While I've often compared the JLP era of Alanis' and Adele and 21, the two albums are quite different. RS establishes that, but I find their need to compare reaching. JLP was far more of a diverse album compared to 21.... and much more layered and complex.

Valentino

:eek: That can't be true...isn't that one of the reasons the album was so well received by critics and fans?

Yep, told ya'll. Thanks RS.Gnpm9.gif

Arturo

I'm surprised that the standard version of Looking 4 Myself just dropped out into oblivion :flop:

Usually during a new mainstream release dont both versions stay in the top 10 for at least a week?

Oyemiamor

:eek: That can't be true...isn't that one of the reasons the album was so well received by critics and fans?

Yep, told ya'll. Thanks RS.Gnpm9.gif

I don't know. That is why I am asking. I also am rethinking, did I read it wrong? The people commenting on the RS article were saying Alanis wrote all the songs and Adele only co-wrote them? Maybe that is what they meant? I don't find that to be true either. Pressed Alanis fans :eek:

that Scream video was so underwhelming imo

love the song tho, hopefully it'll be a top 10 for him

Valentino

I don't know. That is why I am asking. I also am rethinking, did I read it wrong? The people commenting on the RS article were saying Alanis wrote all the songs and Adele only co-wrote them? Maybe that is what they meant? I don't find that to be true either. Pressed Alanis fans :eek:

Yeah, bottom line, Adele wrote those songs. :yes: