💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion (Part 3)

Americano

Featured Posts

Read this on Wiki about Call Me Maybe:

Despite not being Jepsen's first single, it was her first entry on the Billboard charts in the country, which made her the first lead woman since Kesha with her single "Tik Tok" to peak at such position.

The song itself reminds me of Tik Tok. Both huge dance/pop songs by a debuting female artists and both have the same bubbly feel to them.

Edited by Klou

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arturo

• Americano

• Valentino

• Klou

Top Posters In This Topic

Arturo

Despite not being Jepsen's first single, it was her first entry on the Billboard charts in the country, which made her the first lead woman since Kesha with her single "Tik Tok" to peak at such position.

The song itself reminds me of Tik Tok. Both huge dance/pop songs by a debuting female artists and both have the same bubbly feel to them.

I still think she's a one hit wonder. I doubt her 2nd single will even break into the Top 20

I still think she's a one hit wonder. I doubt her 2nd single will even break into the Top 20

I haven't heard Curiosity yet, but it hasn't become a hit in Canada yet.

RabbitHeart

I like Carly better as an artist, tbh. She isn't a bad singer live and her music (though it is pretty generic and bubblegum-poppy) isn't too bad. It's a nice song IMO :P happy for her. But idk how I'd feel if she became the next big-name artist, getting tons of hit songs.

Also, Lights @ 11 :party: and when Drunk on You falls out of the top 10 (I'm assuming it got there from promo on the CMTs or something) then it'll be top 10. Scream @ 12 :party: now if only it can go up...Titanium @ 14 :cool: and Brokenhearted @ 15. I need these songs to get in the top 10 and get the songs that have been in there fooooreeever out :cry: but I'm pretty sure some of these songs are already peaking. Oh, and has anyone else noticed that Everybody Talks by Neon Trees got high on iTunes, dropped like a rock, and is now back at 26? Hope it gets its chance to be a hit. Same with Havana Brown's We Run the Night. Oh, and Demi's gotten pretty high with Give Your Heart a Break.

Do you guys think fun. can follow up WAY's success with Some Nights? Or One Direction with One Thing?

How far is The Edge of Glory from 3xPlat?

It's about 400-450K away

I like Carly better as an artist, tbh. She isn't a bad singer live and her music (though it is pretty generic and bubblegum-poppy) isn't too bad. It's a nice song IMO :P happy for her. But idk how I'd feel if she became the next big-name artist, getting tons of hit songs.

Also, Lights @ 11 :party: and when Drunk on You falls out of the top 10 (I'm assuming it got there from promo on the CMTs or something) then it'll be top 10. Scream @ 12 :party: now if only it can go up...Titanium @ 14 :cool: and Brokenhearted @ 15. I need these songs to get in the top 10 and get the songs that have been in there fooooreeever out :cry: but I'm pretty sure some of these songs are already peaking. Oh, and has anyone else noticed that Everybody Talks by Neon Trees got high on iTunes, dropped like a rock, and is now back at 26? Hope it gets its chance to be a hit. Same with Havana Brown's We Run the Night. Oh, and Demi's gotten pretty high with Give Your Heart a Break.

Do you guys think fun. can follow up WAY's success with Some Nights? Or One Direction with One Thing?

Yeah I wouldn't mind if some of the songs in the 20-11 zone break into the top 10. The top 10 is....just...not....moving... Edited by Klou

If Carly Rae has follow-up success, I see her most likely becoming a Kelly Clarkson type artist.

2nd tier pop star, doesn't have any gimmicks, cool producers, or rabid fanbase ... but may be able to get one or two solid hits per era if she writes or finds good songs.

Arturo

It's about 400-450K away

Yeah I wouldn't mind if some of the songs in the 20-11 zone break into the top 10. The top 10 is....just...not....moving...

That much? :noparty:

Ugh, well at least with a new single on the way this year her other hits will gain some sales and push TEOG to 3M and Judas to 1M

I doubt MTN will ever get to 1M in 2012 but Yoü never know :derpga:

This.

After such success. Don't think she can top it.

That much? :noparty:

Ugh, well at least with a new single on the way this year her other hits will gain some sales and push TEOG to 3M and Judas to 1M

I doubt MTN will ever get to 1M in 2012 but Yoü never know :derpga:

It's been selling a pretty consistent 8K a week the whole year. It will probably hit 3mil probably mid to late 2013.

Arturo

It's been selling a pretty consistent 8K a week the whole year. It will probably hit 3mil probably mid to late 2013.

:wtf: no! It must sell more :cry:

Ugh I want info on the new single. I hate being to greedy and selfish but I hope she announces something about it in Australia. The hype :legend:

:wtf: no! It must sell more :cry:

Ugh I want info on the new single. I hate being to greedy and selfish but I hope she announces something about it in Australia. The hype :legend:

I bet Gaga would tell us something if she could. She would probably even release the new single soon, but her management and label are probably forcing her to hold out.

Arturo

I bet Gaga would tell us something if she could. She would probably even release the new single soon, but her management and label are probably forcing her to hold out.

I just want the new single already because the charts are SOOOOOOOOO boring right now.

I'm glad that Katy is taking a break after Wide Awake. She'll be writing her next "album" when Gaga returns :legend:

And Rihanna will be out of the way unless she's planning a 6th single :derpga:

SlayTheChartsGa is coming :Gaga:

Edited by Archuro52311

MarryTheKnight

I just want the new single already because the charts are SOOOOOOOOO boring right now.

I'm glad that Katy is taking a break after Wide Awake. She'll be writing her next "album" when Gaga returns :legend:

And Rihanna will be out of the way unless she's planning a 6th single :derpga:

SlayTheChartsGa is coming :Gaga:

rihanna releases a new album every year... its like clockwork...