1. 1. ?

Featured Posts

13 minutes ago, friedriich said:

Is it possible to compare Lana with Lorde? HELL NOĀ :grr:

giphy.gif

:bye:

It is because their music is pretty similar

Lana is some sort of teacher and Lorde was aĀ student

Lana doesnt have a grammy, and Lorde has...

why is that? Why were the critics sleeping on BDT? Lorde was influenced by herĀ and Lana has made that sound popular again

So even tho Lana was the first to bring it on the table, why was Lorde more successful?

there are many questions, and this is logical question.. who is in your opinion better and why...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
friedriich
1 minute ago, Nono said:

It is because their music is pretty similar

Lana is some sort of teacher and Lorde was aĀ student

Lana doesnt have a grammy, and Lorde has...

why is that? Why were the critics sleeping on BDT? Lorde was influenced by herĀ and Lana has made that sound popular again

So even tho Lana was the first to bring it on the table, why was Lorde more successful?

there are many questions, and this is logical question.. who is in your opinion better and why...

In my case, I listened to Lorde's songs, even the not famous ones and I can't feel the same as in Lana's songs. It's everything that Lana got me caught in (beauty, passion, love, sweetness, sadness) and LordeĀ it's just Lorde for me, another singer. Anytime I see comparisons I don't get it. It's just my opinion. Ā :lana:

15 hours ago, Craig Barnes said:

Joanne is very beautiful and you can hear the emotion in her voice. She isnt shouty only really on John Wayne. I relate to Girgio Girls cause my grandad passed away from cancer and it hits me everytime I hear it.Ā 

I dont understand how people can like Lana Del Rey. I really liked the remix to Summertime Sadness and I checked out the original and I was so so bored. I dont want to slit my wrists, I was exagerrating. My inner self actually has good taste in music and thats why I dont listen to Lana Del Rey.:reductive:

I'm not depressed or sad, but I have questions to ask those who actually like her. In my eyes, she is the worst 'singer' out there, even Taylor Swift is better. I can think of better ways to spend my money rather than on a Lana Del Rey album:madge:

I really don't understand how Lana's music is boring but Joanne isn't lmao, and to imply that you have better taste than someone is just an impression in your (wrongful) mind

I love them both but Lana has offered me so much more material wise and sonically.

crybrowz

I love them both but I have to choose Lana. Although she has kind of an unfair advantage because Lorde only has 1 album while Lana has 4, plus countless unreleased songs and songs for films.Ā 

Magneto

Lana by far! Not that I have anything against Lorde, but I need a little more than one small album to form a proper opinion about ha. I'm certain she will slay with her new album though.:excited2:

Free my mind

StrawberryBlond
10 hours ago, Modern Ecstacy said:

LOL WHAT? You have seen Lorde's songwriting right....?

Yes, and I think Lana's is superior. Lorde sounds like what she is - a young girl trying to sound like an adult. Lana actually is an adult making music for adults. As I said before, I'm not keen on pseudointellectualism from teenagers who still have a lot to learn about the world.

Versace

Lana arguably did to indie/alternative music what Gaga did popĀ 

So Lana or Lorde is like Gaga or Katy for meĀ 

Who's Lorde? She's fell off the face of the earth and is going to be clawing to try to get back to the top :laughga: like don't take a huge break after a mega successful album.

Lana hasn't seem huge commercial success but she's a lot more talented in my opinionĀ 

Don't visit my profile

Lana without a doubt.

Her song writing, music production, visuals, aesthetic, the way she even talks and her beauty just captivate me.

Her music actually takes me places, like I'm not afraid to be sad and listen to the sadder songs when I'm feeling down. I also don't feel like she's trying to be someone she's not, like Lorde trying hard to seem older than she is which I dislike.

Lana's lyrics are also arguably some of the best, of notĀ theĀ best in the industry right now. She has maintained a level of consistency while staying true to who she really is as an artist which puts her above many in the industry for me.

I can't wait for her new album.

StrawberryBlond

I just remembered that the reason Lorde did that Bowie tribute at the BRITS was because he apparently really liked her and said she was the future of music. Quite what he meant by that is unclear, whether he means she'll be huge or her style of music will be huge in the future. I don't know when he said it either, whether it was just after she'd had her huge success in 2013 or if he said it not long before he died. Don't mean to be disrespectful, but even legends can get it wrong. I never thought Bowie would say such a bold statement about someone so young who had a lot to prove, can't sing all that well, doesn't play instruments and was essentially a one hit wonder. Yet he rarely commended other young artists who were much more talented who had achieved much more. Of all the amazing talents out there, he chose to call her the future of music? I don't get it.

Archived