💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do you miss Gaga's professional directed videos?

Andreyw

Featured Posts

Andreyw
2 minutes ago, Craig Barnes said:

Most of my college mates who arent even into Gaga know about it. Its not just Gaga fans that watch her Music videos you know lmao:ladyhaha: To me, that part is iconic

my mates don't know that she released new singles in 2016 tho :ladyhaha: it goes both ways :P 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Andrew2512

I just hope there are more interesting and high quality creepy videos with a storyline coming after this Joanne unnecessary era.

Just watch again BR.
That choreo, that backgrounds, that point of view during the dance scene..

It was perfection, wish she'd go back with a movie director.

GUY was really good though.

shmal96

On one hand, yes I do miss those epic stunning videos (especially Judas, it's perfection :giveup:) But on the other hand, the Joanne Era videos are fitting for what the songs and Joanne is. Like, Perfect Illusion is about her imagining all of this crazy epic concert in the desert. I think the video accurately captures the insanity, disillusion, and the rush that's portrayed in the lyrics in the actual song.

Million Reasons, although the visuals are pretty lackluster (I wish the visuals were like the ones from her VMA performance, out in the field, with the beautiful night sky, etc), for what she has been planning on doing by connecting the music videos together, MR is the video of herself getting it back together with her team, her sister, just herself in general. Though instead of just the scenes in the studio, I feel like she could have stayed in the desert and started singing, and that would have given us the amazing nighttime outside star visuals, and then she can get picked up by her team later. 

PI is perfect for me. MR, while I see and understand what she wanted to do, could have been much better visually. 

Perfect Illusion could have been iconic IF the song was a smash or something. People would live for the mix swing and that's it but it never happened, it "~flopped~".

Gaga works way better with someone working as a "DIRECTOR" and I don't know, it's nothing to be ashamed or like "you're not an artist if you work with somebody else". The fact is that her vids itself are not bad, but mostly full of concepts and ideas that are good but "Not-well-executed".

G.U.Y. is incredible but it has these random scenes like the Lego Sculpture\Housewives. The vid could just have been way more "organized".

Marry The Night has more scenes during the intro than the video itself wich is more likely only the ballet room + cars on fire. 

And Gaga herself knows it. Back when Bad Romance was released, she said she knew who she wanted to be the director because she knew that Francis would help her putting her visions and ideas into the film and look great\"easy" to understand. She knows how the director helps her to put out all the ideas together without looking "messy" "over-the-top" etc.

Rat Boy
3 hours ago, CakeLikeLG said:

giphy.gif

THIS GIF :sharon:

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

display name

Depends. Her older videos had some great moments, but there were also some things about them that weren't so great. I mean, I'm really glad the product placement's gone tbh. Also, I appreciate that Gaga's not repeating herself.

KleinGa

I will not accept this list without Alejandro being there.

One of ha bests, if not ha best! 

Spoiler

Bad Romance who?

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Supersonic

Nope, not a single bit. The visuals were nice when they came out but looking back at them, I realize why doesn't wanna do them anymore. It was all just a product of its time and some were really gimmicky. I kind of like the understated but timeless Gaga more. Fight me. :gaycat:

Gaga Monster

Yes I do. PI was one of the messiest videos I have ever seen, the director was horrible, it was a mess and made me dizzy. You can not compare PI to any of Gagas older videos, even Eh Eh was better. MR was also boring and really bad, the fact she used the same set for an Apple Music commercial was sad and the whole video was her singing into a mirror crying. The hugging in the grass was cringeworthy and the same scenes were repeated. I miss the old quality videos:giveup:

GGD Presidential Elections

JudasIsAHolyFoo

Music not the bling. I love watching her videos but I prefer listening to the music cause I like having my own visuals tbh 

Monster Ball 2010, Monster Ball 2011, Born This Way Ball 2013, artRAVE 2014, Joanne World Tour 2017 (Both Nights in Toronto)

Archived